FM & AM Radio Transmission over SAP using Radio streamin

Guest pyramus

Guest pyramus

Hello guys!! How I wished that the SAP could be used for FM/AM radio receiver. I believe that the SAP was not designed to receive FM/AM radio transmissions like that of the 8310 or the 6610 nokia phones i read from one of the posts :) . However, we could use SAP to receive FM/AM radio signals using radio streaming formats.. which could be veiwed over our windows media player.. yun nga lang laging buffering most of the times kase will be using GPRS instead. But there are cases wherein matagal din transmission sometimes 2-4mins usually at midnight and early morning kaya natatapos din whole songs so parang meron ka na rin radio capability sa SAP mo pang bluff hehehehe. You could try links at http://www.webinspire.co.uk/spv/sound.html - these are UK radio sites. ;)

Anybody knows similar sites here in the philippines...?

I saw one similar site, but it needs Windows media 9series.

http://www.eradioportal.com/

anybody knows any SAP software to increase reception speed??? :roll:

Guest spv_dman

This would be nice to try out but may be a bit expensive if it becomes a favorite ;) Approximately you'll be downloading around 500kb x .25 to listen to one song. Sige ipagpatuloy nyo, malapit na ang pasko para dagdag sa bonus namin :)

On second thought this might be practical if we can use pass through internet for streaming media.

Guest pyramus

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Exactly dats wat i mean using pass through internet then access radio streaming yun nga lng laging buffering depende kse s lakas ng signal s often times it cud b used during midnight n early morning lng. if anybody can develop any applicatn to harness dis opportunity it wud b of big help.

Guest virgil
This would be nice to try out but may be a bit expensive if it becomes a favorite  ;) Approximately you'll be downloading around 500kb x .25 to listen to one song. Sige ipagpatuloy nyo, malapit na ang pasko para dagdag sa bonus namin  :)

On second thought this might be practical if we can use pass through internet for streaming media.

how could you configure streaming using "pass through connection"?

internet. Mine uses "SMART Gprs" on Data ConnectionsInternet Connections.

thanks in advance.

Guest spv_dman
how could you configure streaming using "pass through connection"? internet. Mine uses "SMART Gprs" on Data ConnectionsInternet Connections.

thanks in advance.

I think you only have to use same pass through connection you use for for pocket explorer. And under data connection>>Internet Connection = Pass thru Connection.

Guest spv_dman
unable to place call error sya eh.

What ROM are you using?

Hmmm... I used that configuration for pass through internet when I tested sunnysoft world offline. It worked naman. The unable to place call occurs when a program tries to connect via GPRS and overrides your current data connection (I think). I experienced that, the unable to place call error when I used the Orange update.

Guest virgil

i use 1.5 ROM update from SMART.

tried data connectionInternet ConnectionSMART GPRS

it worked. how about pass through connection?

wud it really work?

Guest spv_dman
i use 1.5 ROM update from SMART.

tried data connectionInternet ConnectionSMART GPRS

it worked.  how about pass through connection?

wud it really work?

It worked for me, Pocket Explorer that is.

PE settings I used:

1. Go to Menu > Options > Connection

1. Untick "Auto detect settings"

2. Select Network = My Corporate Network

For the Data connections:

Data Connections > Work Connection > Pass Through Connection

This forces your PE to use pass through instead of GPRS.

Remember to tick "Auto detect settings" again when you remove the phone from usb connection, else it won't connect to internet.

Do a search for more info.

Guest dinoalbert
PE settings I used:  

1. Go to Menu > Options > Connection  

1. Untick "Auto detect settings"  

2. Select Network = My Corporate Network  

For the Data connections:  

Data Connections > Work Connection > Pass Through Connection

spv_dman,

Why do you need to change Select Network to "My Corporate Network"?

I use "The Internet" and it works

and for Data connections, I use:

Data Connections > Internet Connection> Pass through.."

while Work Connection > Not Available

it works that way...

Guest spv_dman

Ok, i got your point dino. Pwede din yang suggest mo. You have to change lang between GPRS and my corporate network each time you need specific connection. Your config is global to all that sap application that connects to internet, mine is only for PE and it preserves the primary connection GPRS that other apps will use.

Guest dinoalbert

it uses pass thru and not gprs...no "G" on the signal bars.

as you also mentioned, just uncheck "auto detect settings"

then Select Network = "The Internet"

then Settings> Data Connections> Internet Connection> "pass through.."

then in ActiveSync:

Tools> Options> Rules .... Pass Through Connection = The Internet

Guest mariolouis

guys, you are talking about internet radio streaming in windows media player right? i can't get it to work using pass through. any help? tia.

• 5 months later...
Guest kyoichi

i've been using iradioportal 4 a month now, And its great! wla naman akong na eencounter na error. just follow all d instructions here that was given of by d prev posters. im making pahanga nga it in skul and wlang ma sAy mga clasm8ts ko, even those using n6600, san ka b kse makakakita ng fm radio using a speaker of d phone. dba most fm capable phones kailangan ng headset. anyways gud luck sa inyo. wla na ako maaadvise kse nakapost na lahat ng intructions d2.