How to get any network to work on your spv i.e. 02, Voda...

Guest Spvguy

Guest ratbert

I've switched sims, and kept the new network for 2 days - had to switch sims out 'cos i needed the sim in another handset for a bit.

One odd thing - a mate has got an SPV, and a a sim from the same batch as me (company issued). He can't use either his or my sim in his phone - both work in my handset.

Weird, cos all version nos are same.

Guest andrewgordon

Hi Spvguy

Thanks so much for figuring this out.

I am about to go back to Australia for 3 weeks and i wanted to use my Australian Telstra Mobilenet sim. It works great. I have asked orange for an unlocking code and so far i have heard nothing after 11 days.

Thanks i owe you a beer. :D

So can anyone say that they switched the SIM (as instructed :( and had their phone up and running for the whole day?

Am going abroad soon for a few weeks - that will be the ultimate test for this phone (and this solution). Though I will be v. pissed if it fails on me sometime during the day and I will have no connection untill I get to my charger. ermmm... I guess I'll just carry my charger with me lol :D

My SPV works fine for about two or three hours... Then it fails, it looses the network, and when I call my number from another phone, it says that the phone is closed...try later! Anyone else has the same problem? Is it the phone or just the trick that does things so bad? :cry:

Thank you in advance for any help given

got anyone from you cracks a reliable solution how to overcome the simlock eq. being able to use like Swisscom and or others? I mean not a solution with power-on and switch Sim, cause it seem not to work with all users. I mean a real fix. Lets make this a real issue

It is even worthwhile to make a new index on the forum for that.... hope not to offend anyone here

cheers

Swisscom Mobile user in Switzerland

got anyone from you cracks a reliable solution how to overcome the simlock eq. being able to use like Swisscom and or others? I mean not a solution with power-on and switch Sim, cause it seem not to work with all users. I mean a real fix. Lets make this a real issue

It is even worthwhile to make a new index on the forum for that.... hope not to offend anyone here

cheers

Swisscom Mobile user in Switzerland

I don't understand if your spv bought in Swiss work or not, with battery trick ? :oops:

I have not yet bought the SPV, but I am dying for it.... Before bying it, I wanted to make sure that I can use it on other network sim cards specially swisscom. But be folloing some of the conversation here at the forum it seems that not all of the users seem to be lucky with the battery trick. Therefore I wanted to make this a real issue, perhaps a crack can find a way to code something... I don't know though, I am not a programmer, just a gadget freak

ok ! I'm in the same contidion.....at this moment i tray with TIM and OMNITEL

italian's carriers.

I test the batttery tricks in two different shops in Swiss ( Lugano,

Chiasso) and it works.

I have already wrote to Orange to know if is possibile unlock the SPV but antil now non news...

keep in touch

:D

Guest tazmania

I think to find a permanent solution is more important than ever, as the battery change trick doesn't work anymore after the software update, which is now available in Switzerland, has been applied. My Swisscom SIM is now useless for the SPV once again.... :cry:

It is possible already, though it is 50 squid for the job, see www.cellphonelocksmith.com

Not sure how safe and legal this is, but it is a solution... Will have to do some SPV posting though.. Never know if it comes back.

I personally am waiting for some free home solution to the problem. Orange seems to be reluctunt to speak about anything to do with simlock, they even say it is not possible at all!! They mean phisically and theoretically not possible, well at least people in shops do..

We'll see...

how much 1 squid :D

is strange that orange do this because they make a money when sell the phone, ok is not the core business but....

HTC has introduced a new smartphone very similar at spv for other market where is not present orange, to replace sendo z100.

I hope that in Italy arrive soon...I'waiting :(

well in that case I am not willing to spend any dime on orange....don't like their business model of stickyness...... There will be other Windows based smartphone available soon, or if P800 finally comes visible

Quick question guys. Can you buy and SPV on O2? T-Mobile? Vodaphone? No? Why do you think that is?

HTC have signed a contract for Orange to have the SPV exclusively for a year. Presumably this cost Orange a lot of money as I'm sure HTC would rather everyone bought their phone. Orange reckon they can make this money back as people who want an SPV will join Orange.

Why the hell would you expect Orange to then sell it unlocked then? That totally defeats the point of the exclusive year!

Yes, they could charge for an unlock code, but they would need to charge a lot more than the handset cost to offset the money they paid to HTC.

I, for one, am not surprised at all that Orange aren't handing out unlock codes all over the place.

Barry

Swisscom configuration:

Internet GPRS access

APN: gprs.swisscom.ch

All other settings blank

Internet MMS access

APN: event.swisscom.ch

All other settings blank

Works well for me. And Swisscom internet access is better because the proxy does not block ports. I can access my office webmail on port 90. It's impossible with Orange access.

But pay attention: if you do the Orange Rom update, you won't be able to use the battery trick anymore.

Hi Berry

I'd like answer to you with my experience in Swiss, so maybe not the same in

other country.

Quick question guys. Can you buy and SPV on O2? T-Mobile? Vodaphone? No? Why do you think that is?

HTC have signed a contract for Orange to have the SPV exclusively for a year. Presumably this cost Orange a lot of money as I'm sure HTC would rather everyone bought their phone. Orange reckon they can make this money back as people who want an SPV will join Orange.

-Orange signed a contract with microsoft for cobrand, HTC is only the hw+sw integrator. More SPV orange sell and more money they keep.

-the same thinks are happened in Italy with sendo Z100 but WIND ( italian carrier ) it does not have blocked sim.

Why the hell would you expect Orange to then sell it unlocked then? That totally defeats the point of the exclusive year!

-because a lot of people have moro then 1 sim ......and someone can spend 700 euro for SPV

Yes, they could charge for an unlock code, but they would need to charge a lot more than the handset cost to offset the money they paid to HTC.

-when you purchase the SPV you must pay all the cost 700 euro or you must subscribe a contract for a long time

I, for one, am not surprised at all that Orange aren't handing out unlock codes all over the place.

Barry

thanks for the swisscom configuration. Will also not do the rom update. Btw, someone else posted in this forum that he got the unlock code from Orange after he paid for it, unbelievable though, but I would be very keen to get it as Swiss Orange denied to do so (which is understandeble)

Guest Alexkass

And what about mms???? i have voda here in greece and my spv san connect to the internet but cannot send or recieve mms (it is locked- i use the battery trick) thnx

hi

orange answer to me abuot the unlocking code for SPV,

They told me to provide the orange telephone number and after they forward all at the Unlocking Department

a good answer !! :D

I want to switch from the orange sim to a uk t-mobile sim while roaming in the Czech Republic. The battery trick isn't working. Also I can't get it to work when I switch to a Eurotel prepaid sim... it just eventually changes to No Service and stays like that. Any ideas??

Guest jacoch
And what about mms???? i have voda here in greece and my spv san connect to the internet but cannot send or recieve mms (it is locked- i use the battery trick) thnx

I also use the battery trick here in Switzerland and MMS works fine. I did the following in order to have MMS working:

- Deleted the Orange MMS GPRS configuration (not sure it's necessary, but I've deleted everything I'm not using. I made a backup before).

- Created a new GPRS connection, named Swisscom MMS GPRS. The parameters are:

- Connect using Orange MMS

- APN :

- Other settings blank for me. Check the parameters given by you operator

- Gone to Accessories -> MMS Setup. Parameters are:

- Connect using Swisscom MMS GPRS (or the name given above)

- IP : IP given by the operator

- Port 9201. My operator was giving another port, but only this one works for me

- MMSC: MMS server given by the operator

- All other setting stay the same as for Orange

These settings work fine for me

I think to find a permanent solution is more important than ever, as the battery change trick doesn't work anymore after the software update, which is now available in Switzerland, has been applied. My Swisscom SIM is now useless for the SPV once again....  :cry:

Unfortunate.

Is this a hazard in the UK yet does anyone know?

Guest spacemonkey

The thing is there is a legitimate way of unlocking the phone, it's just that Orange are the only people who currently have it.

In time I'm sure the method willl become available to the general public / home enthusiest with wire clippers, as it has done for all previous phones.

My J70e was Orange network locked and it just need a cable "tweaked" to service mode and a bit of free (and legal) software off the web and I had it network unlocked free.

This'll happen for the SPV but at the moment the phone hasn't been around long enough.