Copy Bootloader without using USBTerm

Guest elr

Guest dinoalbert
You can copy a bootloader without using usb term. Yes! you could, with only your fone and a SD card. 

HOW? 

You must have bootloader .93 (or below) on your SAP.

First Boot on the DIAG screen and you shall see the first option 1. save bootloader. :)

then select it and voila. You now have an instant bootable sd/mmc card that that can downgrade v.93 bootloader on any SAP. 

Need more info? and my reply?

just ym me coz im not used on posting forums. I can be of help.

I may even thought you how to make a bootable sd/mmc backup of any ROM bootloader included. ;)

(Yes, just like the one's used by smart tech's, except its on any ROM you like )

that is if you find someone with 0.93 bootloader :D

@BrAGoL

Ang alam ko sa WinHex application is: its a Hexadecimal Editor for Files, Disks & RAM, Data Recovery, Computer Forensics, and IT Security Tool. It is an advanced tool that is able to handle *.* files, meaning virtually any file type/ file extension. So it should be able to open the .fls file you were mentioning pero yung particular significance/use nya sa Nokia phones di ko alam kung ano. Basta pagdating sa SPV, magagamit natin is yung Load Backup feature nya.

Learn more about the power of WinHex here

thanks for this information... medyo late na reply ko sayo...

Anybody please help me. Bago lang me d2 & i just got my sap recently n gus2 ko rin i-unlock. Marami akong nbasa about unlocking & tips for making .98 bootloader, however, im confused kung saan ko idownload ung mga attachment file na natinutokoy sa mga message. May mga message na nkalagay na file attached pero hindi ko malaman kung nasaan ung file. Ung iba will point me to a link n pagdating ko dun hindi ko rin alam saan ung file. Somebody please help me. Salamat in advance. :?

Guest spv_dman
Anybody please help me. Bago lang me d2 & i just got my sap recently n gus2 ko rin i-unlock. Marami akong nbasa about unlocking & tips for making .98 bootloader, however, im confused kung saan ko idownload ung mga attachment file na natinutokoy sa mga message. May mga message na nkalagay na file attached pero hindi ko malaman kung nasaan ung file. Ung iba will point me to a link n pagdating ko dun hindi ko rin alam saan ung file. Somebody please help me. Salamat in advance.  :?

It's not as simple as it seems. You need to do either of these:

1. Materials: SPV unlock software, sd/mm card with .98 or lower bootloader. The easiest way. If you know someone with that bootloader saved to a storage card, then convince him to lend you that card. You just need to insert it on the card slot on your phone and restart it. Afterwhich it will automatically overwrite whatever bootloader you have right now. And voila your phone is ready for unlocking. You need to run the program spv unlock to get the unlock code afterwards.

2. Materials: SPV unlock software, Orange ROM 1.36. If you don't have the 1.04 bootloader on your phone, which comes with the SMART ROM 1.50.28 and you're willing to reset everything on your phone,then this is the next best thing to do and you're very lucky :) . You need to downgrade to the Orange ROM 1.36, it has the 0.98 you need to perform spv unlock. After the unlocking procedure, you can now upgrade to the ROM of your choice.

3. Materials: USBTERM software, SPV unlock software, extra sd/mm card, SAP phone with .98 bootloader or lower. You just need to copy that bootloader from the .98 or lower bootloader smartphone using usbterm to your storage card then to your phone. Perform spv unlock.

4. Materials: SPV unlock software, extra sd/mm card, .98 or lower bootloader winhex dump files, WINHEX software, sd/mm card reader. You need to copy the .98 or lower bootloader dump (this is the file available from this forum) from PC to your smartphone using winhex software to recreate it to sdcard through a sd card reader (parang floppy drive for storage cards). Perform spv unlock

Every bit of info you need to perform what I've mentioned are already here in the forum. Just to a search using relevant keywords.

Good luck! :wink:

Guest dinoalbert
Anybody please help me. Bago lang me d2 & i just got my sap recently n gus2 ko rin i-unlock. Marami akong nbasa about unlocking & tips for making .98 bootloader, however, im confused kung saan ko idownload ung mga attachment file na natinutokoy sa mga message. May mga message na nkalagay na file attached pero hindi ko malaman kung nasaan ung file. Ung iba will point me to a link n pagdating ko dun hindi ko rin alam saan ung file. Somebody please help me. Salamat in advance.  :?

Are you sure you are logged in? You have to be logged to be alble to see the attachments.

Hi Dino,

I didn't know I have to log-in pala. Sorry for that newbie lang kasi ako d2 sa forum. Finally I was able to see the attachment. Anyway, thanks for your reply. :)

It's not as simple as it seems. You need to do either of these:

1. Materials: SPV unlock software, sd/mm card with .98 or lower bootloader. The easiest way. If you know someone with that bootloader saved to a storage card, then convince him to lend you that card. You just need to insert it on the card slot on your phone and restart it. Afterwhich it will automatically overwrite whatever bootloader you have right now. And voila your phone is ready for unlocking. You need to run the program spv unlock to get the unlock code afterwards.

2. Materials: SPV unlock software, Orange ROM 1.36. If you don't have the 1.04 bootloader on your phone, which comes with the SMART ROM 1.50.28 and you're willing to reset everything on your phone,then this is the next best thing to do and you're very lucky :) . You need to downgrade to the Orange ROM 1.36, it has the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 you need to perform spv unlock. After the unlocking procedure, you can now upgrade to the ROM of your choice.

3. Materials: USBTERM software, SPV unlock software, extra sd/mm card, SAP phone with .98 bootloader or lower. You just need to copy that bootloader from the .98 or lower bootloader smartphone using usbterm to your storage card then to your phone. Perform spv unlock.

4. Materials: SPV unlock software, extra sd/mm card, .98 or lower bootloader winhex dump files, WINHEX software, sd/mm card reader. You need to copy the .98 or lower bootloader dump (this is the file available from this forum) from PC to your smartphone using winhex software to recreate it to sdcard through a sd card reader (parang floppy drive for storage cards). Perform spv unlock

Every bit of info you need to perform what I've mentioned are already here in the forum. Just to a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/search.php>Search using relevant keywords.

Good luck! :wink:

Thanks Spv_dman. Now at least I know what to do & what software & materials I need to downgrade & unlock my sap. I guess i have to do some more search sa forum as you advise and find ung mga step by step instructions duon. You are very helpful! Salamat uli.

Guest spv_dman
Can anyone test this program? I have had this stored in my computer and I am not sure if this will help...

SmartPhoneBackup. This comes with the bundled software of Mitac Mio(?). Well, I've been using this for quite some time, doing some regular backups for important information on my phone. It'll let you backup Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Channels (whatever this means), Notes, Voice Notes. It's the next best thing to activesync to outlook of contacts, etc. For me its convenient coz the backup happens on your phone, in my case I put it in my storage card. So in any case my phone goofs up, I can restore all of those aforementioned items, most specially contacts. Very useful software. 8)

Guest spv_dman
Thanks Spv_dman. Now at least I know what to do & what software & materials I need to downgrade & unlock my sap. I guess i have to do some more Search sa forum as you advise and find ung mga step by step instructions duon. You are very helpful! Salamat uli.

Anytime pal, just drop me a privy if you need further assistance. All of us here will be glad to help :)

Guest mlkanapi

spv_dman,

It's nice to know there are guys like you who have tried it. How much space do you need in your memory card to back up your IPSM? I understand you can do a complete backup of just some parts of the IPSM. (Ala 0.93 na bootloader).I might have to start considering upgrading to a 256 card...

Guest spv_dman
spv_dman,

It's nice to know there are guys like you who have tried it. How much space do you need in your memory card to back up your IPSM? I understand you can do a complete backup of just some parts of the IPSM. (Ala 0.93 na bootloader).I might have to start considering upgrading to a 256 card...

I haven't seen the .93 bootloader option. What "parts" of the IPSM does it backup individually? I'm using 1.07 of qtek and for this purpose, it requires an extra card (recommended 32mb) to perform IPSM backup. It is different from the format of what our smartphone OS uses to store files on a sd/mm card. In other words, it reformats our card first if we have to switch between using it as a backup media and as OS file storage.

Guest mlkanapi

I'll be seeing baculao later to replace the 0.98 bootloader in my spare 8Mb SD card with a 0.93. I'll ask if it might be better if I find a higher capacity card to accomodate the whole IPSM from my phone.

I'll let you know how the EB with baculao goes.

Guest ironwoodph

Hi, thanx for the procedure. However, I am having problems. I faithfully followed the steps but when I was already in canary mode, it does not prompt to load the 0.98 bootloader. Nothing just happens. Its still on 1.04.

for those who are going to copy the bootloaders .98 or .93 to their mmc or sd cards through the card reader, i think your mmc or sd card should be bigger than 8mb. I tried downloading either of the aforesaid bootloaders into Doc MlKanapi's 8mb sd card but failed.The dump files are just too big for the said card

Guest mlkanapi

@ baculao,

Thank you. I was nice meeting you. I apprciate your taking time to try to copy the 0.93 into my card. I'll look for another card or check some other options and maybe walk over to get help again sometime.

Hi, thanx for the procedure. However, I am having problems. I faithfully followed the steps but when I was already in canary mode, it does not prompt to load the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 bootloader. Nothing just happens. Its still on 1.04.

@ironwoodph

I also encountered the same problem before, the 1.04 bootloader from the Smart 1.5.0.28 ROM just doesn't want to detect the 0.98 bootloader in the SD/MMC card, it just detect it as IPSM even though you did not make a backup of your IPSM.

I have to resort to transfering the 0.98 bootloader to the phone using USBTerm by copying the 0.98 bootloader in the card to the phone.

Try it and let me know if it work.

Guest mlkanapi

I haven't seen the .93 bootloader option. What "parts" of the IPSM does it backup individually? I'm using 1.07 of qtek and for this purpose, it requires an extra card (recommended 32mb) to perform IPSM backup. It is different from the format of what our smartphone OS uses to store files on a sd/mm card. In other words, it reformats our card first if we have to switch between using it as a backup media and as OS file storage.

Here's a picture of the options in bootloader 0.93. baculao was able to copy it to my spare memory card. I can lend it of use it to install into other menber's phones if you want...

DSCF0003 (Small).JPG

Guest mlkanapi

@ dino

Sure, I can let you use the card. I'm not sure if we can copy it though...

Ang sarap. Just this pm a friend gave me his phone to bring home to reinstall some programs. It was a 1.5 ROM locked to Smart. I used the 0.93 in the 8Mbcard and was able to downgrade the ROM easily. I then ran the sap_137 program then unlocked the phone using the unlock program without having to pass thru the Orange update part of the unlocking process.

I'm usually there 10 to 12nn and 2 to 6 pm.

This offer to use the card is open to anyone interested...

BTW, baculao is just walking distance. He copied the bootloader for me.

Let's acknowledge his help... :!:

Guest dinoalbert

thanks!

pero di ba madali lang naman i-copy ang bootloader from your SD card to my phone at di na kelangan ng software? Yun lang balak ko, palitan ang bootloader ko sa 0.93. My phone anyway is already sim-unlocked and upgraded na to Qtek.