Copy Bootloader without using USBTerm

Guest elr

@mlkanapi,

nice work! ;)

it seems that we need 0.93 to fully backup everything.

i'm guessing that we can copy your SD card using winhex since winhex copies byte-per-byte.

You'll need the card reader though.

anybody wanna try?

@mlkanapi,

nice work! ;)

it seems that we need http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.93 to fully backup everything.

i'm guessing that we can copy your SD card using winhex since winhex copies byte-per-byte.

You'll need the card reader though.

anybody wanna try?

this would really be very useful! it would be much easier and faster to downgrade. :wink:

now, all we just need to know how much memory the SD card should be needed :? 16mb, 32mb or 64mb??? sayang naman kasi kung sobrang laki yung SD card...

chibako,

i think you can check the data size by using winhex? try it. you have a card reader. hehe...

pag nag eb na lang ulit... hehehe! padala na lang natin kay mlkanapi yung sd card nya then kopyahin na lang natin using my card reader... :wink:

Guest mlkanapi

I have winhex and a card reader in my clinic. I just have not been successful in copying my 0.93 bootloader SD to another SD card or to make a backup copy.

Maybe you can teach me.

It might not be too difficult to make each one of you your own 0.93 bootloader card.

Mind you what I did was to copy the IPSM, CE, and GSM of a newly installed SAP_137 without any contacts, customization and what ever becomes part of IPSM. The size of this backup depends on what you want to backup.

I was trying to upgrade my rom to QTek, kaso 1.4 ang bootlader ko. I was able to get 0.98 bootloader, nasa PC ko na, was able to get WinHex, I already have a 256SD Card, a USB2.0 6 in 1 Card Reader, then the following things I did:

1. loaded the .98 bootloader

2. clicked "write sectors directly and immediately to disk"

3. Destination is yung drive where my SD is

4. clicked OK, it says "Data Authenticity is confirmed

It will then say "13201 sectors are about to be restored to the removable medium"

5. clicked OK

Error occurs: Please check the path and your access rights.

I've already tried the following:

1. Borrowed my friends card reader na hindi 6 in 1

2. Destination, i tried Logical and even physical, both failed

Lana, di ko na alam gagawin ko.. have to get though this one, ksi ayaw nang mag boot SAP ko, kainis. =(

@baron

Is your winhex "licensed"? if not you have to find a software crack for it. ;)

Also when I made a bootloader card I encountered errors when using the .98 whx. I was sucessful however using the .93 whx file. Gamit ko yung 6 in 1 reader/writer at 128MB MMC.

PS:

Salamat kina spv_man at pzee.. I am now a proud owner of an open-line SAP, it is a week old 1.04 BL/1.50 ROM :D

I've tried other bootladers kaso, ganun parin.

My Winhex is licensed (after doing a lot of searches for Winhex 11.0 SR4) but what I noticed is that it simply wont write the sectors to any drive. It might be my WinHex.. checked the settings and stuffs.

I've also though of USBTerm, borrowed my sister's SAP, hoping that I could get a copy of her bootloader para mapagana kong lang yung SAP ko. Went to Canary mode, with the SAP connected to PC, then ran USBTerm, kso, ayaw mag run yung USBTerm.

Mukhang my last resort is to look for someone with a bootloader so I could pop in the SD card to my SAP para gumana na. Im in ortigas even on saturdays, anyone who could help me out with this. I could go anywhere na may bootlader sa SD. Just need my SAP to get it back on. Thanks!

I was using winhex 11 before and wasn't able to copy any bootloader to the card.... also having the same error message... :D

But when use winhex 10.9, i was able to write on sd without any problem.. ;)

Guest wolfman
5. clicked OK

Error occurs: Please check the path and your access rights.

@ Baron

Are you using WinXP or 2K? It is possible that there is nothing wrong with your Winhex program, but is your login account have "administrator" access rights?

Yes, I do have admin rights. Talagang problema lang talaga yang WinHex 11. I was able to get WinHex 10.9, ayun! nakapag write na!!!

Bottleneck ko talaga yang Winhex, after solving it with version 10.9, dirediretso na ang lahat papuntang QTek!

Yun lang, I downgraded agad sa SAP 1.3 then tried booting from there. As most of those who tried it, naghang nga sa Splash screen (Smart Amazing). Kelangang ko pa palang mag SPVUnlock. Naka Bootloader 0.99 so back again to 0.98, then SPVUnlock, then rerun SAP 1.3, pero di na ako nag boot sa 1.3, balik canary screen, then applied QTek. Phew!

At last, with the help of Elr and the rest with their posts, natapos din. Yun palang code that you'll get from SPVUnclock will be asked kapag naglagay ka ng ibang SIM(other than smart).

Hirap pala talaga pagupgrade to QTek lalo na pag bago lang phone, naka ROM 1.5 tapos canary is 1.04 ata..

Guest sonborj
Yes, I do have admin rights. Talagang problema lang talaga yang WinHex 11. I was able to get WinHex 10.9, ayun! nakapag write na!!!

Bottleneck ko talaga yang Winhex, after solving it with version 10.9, dirediretso na ang lahat papuntang QTek!

Yun lang, I downgraded agad sa SAP 1.3 then tried booting from there.  As most of those who tried it, naghang nga sa Splash screen (Smart Amazing). Kelangang ko pa palang mag SPVUnlock. Naka Bootloader 0.99 so back again to http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98, then SPVUnlock, then rerun SAP 1.3, pero di na ako nag boot sa 1.3, balik canary screen, then applied QTek. Phew!

At last, with the help of Elr and the rest with their posts, natapos din.  Yun palang code that you'll get from SPVUnclock will be asked kapag naglagay ka ng ibang SIM(other than smart).

Hirap pala talaga pagupgrade to QTek lalo na pag bago lang phone, naka ROM 1.5 tapos canary is 1.04 ata..

Mas lalo na siguro yong Bootloader 1.09.

Guest wolfman

@ Baron

Good for you man. Congrats man for making a successful unlock! Anyway, next time, since you have your Winhex already working, when you have the 0.98 bootloader on an SD card at hand, you can just flash your phone with the 0.98 bootloader, SPVunlock, and go directly to Qtek 1.50. You won't need to go through the sap 1.37 upgrade..

Cheers!

@Wolfman

Oh.. thanks dude for reminding me. ksi, yung officemates ko, they're asking me to have their SAPs upgraded. That should save time, atleast diretso nang WTek! =)

Guest mar9118
Which one is better eurotel rom or Qtek?  8)

In my opinion and based on actual test, Qtek 1.50.9.1 is better and has a later ROM version than Eurotel but if you need English T9, I recomend i-mate 1.50.8.6 :wink: