My new Windows Powered Mobile

Guest Vernzz

Guest www.msmobiles.com
The joystick has no edges so it wont hurt your thumb. The Bluetooth is cool, and they have included the IA Style Tools as well as the IA Caller ID..

but the processor is slow!!!! it is very bad. so slow as in old SPV. And MiTACs and others have fast Xscale processors...

by the way: couldn't you post some sharp pictures please?

Guest Infinity mtx

This is BS. I just bought the SPV e100 and it has just been released recently in the UK already they have a new one coming out. When is the release date for this phone???

I am very happy with the Spv E100 by the way.

Well done Orange :)

Guest Firaas
This is BS. I just bought the SPV e100 and it has just been released recently in the UK already they have a new one coming out. When is the release date for this phone???  

I am very happy with the Spv E100 by the way.

Well done Orange :)

The SPV2 release was planned before the E100 was released, but it's coming out Q4 2003, towards Novemberish (same time as the SPV last year).

Guest Gorskar

And if you've been following this site you would have seen the announcement about this weeks ago!

The e100 is still a supurb phone though... we may get an upgrade to SP2003 if we are lucky too.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Crispy
Anybody seen this It's for a service provider in the US. (sorry for the image but it was taken from powerpoint)

It looks ok, but its a shame that its only Dual band! (Not that it matters 4 me, but still a shame!) :)

Guest zeta101

Well...The integrated camera is nice. Personally i wouldnt use the bluetooth, but i might do in the future. However if the msmobiles guy who posted above is right then a slow processor is a big big negative for this phone! id rather put up with having to use the clip on camera and have no bluetooth (since i dont use it).

I dont like the look of the new softkeys and joystick (from an aesthetic point of view) and im dubious how well the joystick works. I wonder if it still slips left/right when u try and press it in?

I'm happy with my E100, and i think in a years time when my contract ends there will be a nice new smartphone out that has an integrated camera and a faster processor, and is slightly smaller, with a bunch of other goodies too :)

just my opinion... The screens on the I930 pictures above appear to be pasted onto a US Nextel Motorola phone. I think the pictures look mocked up and not legit.

I'm not implying that won't be a legit phone, just those pictures don't look legit. I also don't beleive you mocked them up (I found the presentation you are talking about), maybe Nextel did that because that phone isn't a reality yet.

450 mAH battery... That kinda sucks.

I for one wont but that phone.

Mitac Mio 8380 is cool though, is supplied with an extra battery if I'm not mistaken.

(Btw this is my first post. So... HI EVERYBODY!)

Guest dinoalbert
Mitac Mio 8380 is cool though, is supplied with an extra battery if I'm not mistaken.

Welcome to Modaco, carlT

but the Mitac Mio is application-locked they said :wink:

I do not believe Orange to release the handset on the photos earlier in this thread.

I do personally think they will release something else. Orange DK are at present time testing something different from what was on the photos (and I know nothing more than this) AND - Orange has started buying Orange shares....

Makes me wonder when they are going to release something really exciting...

/Jakob

EDITED: Looking at the photos at Coolsmartphone I was obviously wrong

Guest kyrkesmith

I find it pretty difficult to believe that their successor to the E100 is so exciting that they're buying all their shares back. I have a feeling this is not related.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was something new and exciting, a Customer Service rep said that it would be to me - but then, we all know how unreliable they are.