Help on Skinning Extra backgrounds

Guest junyap

Guest junyap

Hey guys. I've been looking for a topic on changing the backgrounds of programs menu, volume screen, alert screen, and etc. but haven't found one. Or maybe it slipped by me.

Can anyone guide me through it? Or if there's a topic about it, then can you please point me to that direction. I would really appreciate the help.

Please note that it isnt about the homescreen.

Guest drblow

It's all about registry edits m8!

I'm not sure of the entire list, but Midnights AI2 skin contained all these screens. I just installed his skin, then copied my own images (with the same names) over the ones created by his skin (IPSMAI@ - I think!)!! Cheating I know! :wink:

I'm not too sure about the registry keys personally, & I don't know if they have actually been posted. Try Midnight's site for registry tweaks.

hey..sorry for the late response..was out of town. Thanx for the advise. I see it's the only one I got. :wink:

I agree midnight's work is amazing. But i'd still like to learn how he does it though. been trying to look at the registry of the others but was not able to find some. I was able to change the question, alert, info and volume backgrounds. Im still trying to figure out how to change the programs menu background. And also changing the font color (not the title) of the alert, question and info screens.

I'll probably share some of my works soon when I'll have a complete set...

Thanx again.

Ah changing the laert text!! I know exactly what you mean, the text not the title - but sadly I don't think it can be done. I've posted many times about it & never had anybody who knows how to do it!!

If you figure it out - let me know immediately!! :wink:

As for the rest of the skinnable screens - they are all in the HKEY_CURRENT USER. What I did was to install midnight's AI2 skin (which contains all these reg edits) then browse thru them using regedit, to identify which screen has which image. If you do that, you can always cheat like me, & just rename your own images to the same as in midnight's skin, then just copy them into the AI2 folder in IPSM! :wink:

That way, you don't have to bother about changing paths etc in the registry, just swap the images!

Sorry I can't be any more specific ATM - will try to identify them all at some stage & post directions!

Im still trying to figure out how to change the programs menu background.

1) Create GIF images (176*20 for banner image; 176*180 for background image)

2) Activesync images to your SPV.

3) Use RegEdit to Change (select BannerImage or BKBitmapFile and change value data with path of the new image) or Create new ones (press menu – new value – string and enter “BKBitmapFile” in Value Name and the path in Value data).

Examples:

Other background for contacts : Change or create BKBitmapFile in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSCONTACTS

Other background for programs : Change or create BKBitmapFile in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSStart

Guest midnight

just so you guys know, i am currently making an 'advanced' skinning guide, includes all extra homescreens, and some new stuff no-one knows about yet (i think).

The tutorial will start with the very basics, such as plugin placement etc., and then explain all of the extra screens, and also skinning the media player, and finally how to create the inf file ready for cabwiz, should be available in a couple of weeks when my internet connection is FINALLY upgraded.

• 8 months later...
Guest yoos
and then explain all of the extra screens, and also skinning the media player, and finally how to create the inf file ready for cabwiz

Man, I would still love to see this!