NEW i-Mate ROM UPDATE 1.5 WITH UK T9

Guest nixy

Guest Lordsmiff

Just thought I'd let you all know I've just put this on my UK SPV E100 and it seems pretty good :)

I've got all the extra stuff as I did on the Eurotel update but I've now got my UK T9 back which I was desperate for ;)

So far (ie, a couple of hours) it's worked fine - all my apps have gone back on and everything seems pretty sweet from my point of view - and the startup screen is *much* better than the eurotel one :D

But, the IPSM is wiped when installing so back up your stuff people!

:lol:

T.

i-mate.jpg

If I install this on my e-100, will I definitely be able to put the Orange 1.6 upgrade on when it comes out (and will I want to given that this update is both app and sim unlocked by default)?

WOW am i impressed. I wasn't really expecting this rom to be much different, hell i wasn't really expecting it to work at all. but i just upgraded my E100 (Orange UK) and am really impressed, i would recommend this to anyone who isn't scared of updating their phone because it really improves the usability, and the new photo manager is alot better, i can now view proper photos (1600x1200) taken with my real digital camera and stored on the sd, before the update it was so slow at loading them it just wasn't useable, it also scans folders for photos something that the old prog didnt have.

Also general programs also start alot faster (well for me at least). And heres the real clincher, since doing the update the data transfer speeds between my pc and the phone have increased! god knows wtf that is about, maybe it negoiated a higher speed when it redected the phone, i dont know, all i know is that its bloody good (i always thought it was a bit on the slow side)

Anyways, just do it, you wont regret it...

... unless you break summit :)

To get rid of the i-Mate provider logo when dialling an in call, just rename these values to anything else:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSCdial/BannerImage

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSCprog/BannerImage

@Lordsmiff: Where do I set the splash screen?

Guest Psteven

Did the update but cant seem to select Smart WAP GPRS on "wap connection" all it says is none available , I did input the gprs and gprs wap settings anyone got the fix for this

Guest MoRFLeZ
Im using Qtek rom with a little higher rom version than the i-Mate  :)  

can you tell whats the difference of this i-Mate rom from the Qtek?

Well when I ran the Qtek update, I was able to store my ringtones on my Storage Card, just by putting them in "My Documents" folder ... my friend who ran the I-Mate rom .. said that he couldn't! So that might be a different. Haven't had the I-Mate update on my phone yet though...

Guest awarner [MVP]

Does this mean no more HS saved in IPSMApplication DataHome folder?

Only Images, as far as I know (I have not tested xml) but yep saves space on the phone :)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Only Images, as far as I know (I have not tested xml) but yep saves space on the phone ;)

Kindly test the xmls. If it'll work then I would consider upgrading to this ROM and allot 10mb SD space just for the nice skins we have here at MoDaCo. Please keep us posted. :)

Can some people post their battery life times for me please??

I got an e100 upgrade last week & had to get the battery replaced coz it was lasting about 4 hours!! Got the new one yesterday & while it is better, it is running out in about 16 - 18 hours. Is this normal batteryu life for the e100, & more importantly, does the imate ROM give noticeably more??

I'm just a bit hesitant to install it, as this phone may need to go back to Orange if the battery life isn't dorted & I don't really want to send it back to them with another operator's ROM on it! :wink:

Guest awarner [MVP]

Kindly test the xmls. If it'll work then I would consider upgrading to this ROM and allot 10mb SD space just for the nice skins we have here at MoDaCo. Please keep us posted. :)

Tested, only Images not xml can be stored and used from the SD card :D

Guest ***merlin***

Hi, i installed the eurotel the other day and have been happy with it apart from the T9?!?!?

In a previous post it was mentioned that you cant run ring tones from the sd card, could somebody just clarify if this is the case or not? Other than that one question it looks pretty good.

:?: :mrgreen:

dont know if this has been asked before, but here goes, if i install either the i-mate or q-tek updates and decide that i then want to change back to the orange uk 1.3.5.6 rom would this be possible.

cheers in advance for all advice.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Yes but with any Downgrading/Upgrading there are risks, and you could get

problems. Don't forget the official line here is that using another operators

update is not recomended as they will have settings and services designed for

that country.

So any upgrade etc is done at your own risk.

The 1.5 has been reported to have a bad battery life

So does that mean that Orange won't replace my phone due to short battery life?? If so, I might aswell install the imate - it's permanently decerted isn't it??

Guest awarner [MVP]

Personally I prefer the QTEK to I-Mate update (The QTEK has a better look and feel to it.)

As you are getting 16-18 hours that's still low, I would expect more.

So updating is an option but it may be worth talking to Orange first otherwise

try a Hard Reset first and see if that improves matter.