NEW i-Mate ROM UPDATE 1.5 WITH UK T9

Guest nixy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pierre

Hi guys,

Yesterday I could open your link, but today when I finally decided to give it a try, the link dont work anymore. It goes to the main homepage of the site.

Any1 can help?

Guest iangray

Does anyone know how to sim unlock the imate 1.5 rom

It appears to have bootloader v1.07.4m

which fails with the normal error after 66% when using spvunlock

I don't really want to take the bootloader back to an earlier version.

Thanks

Guest awarner [MVP]

Mixed response there :? as far as I'm aware the phone still stays

Locked only decerted.

As for SIM ulocking to do that you need to have a bootloader of

V0.98 or below.

Guest iangray

So far I have gone original orange, eurotel rom 1.5 and now i-mate 1.5

The eurotel rom was a vast improvement over the original orange version, for all the reasons already discussed on this forum. i.e stability, extra applications, ring tones in SD e.t.c but its T9 was useless. the i-mate T9 is good hence the upgrade route was correct. I also believe the ugrade improves the SPV as a phone i.e. a better signal.

I did not sim unlock the phone before the upgrade, which I now regret.

I can however put other orange sims in and they work, but a sim from another network requires the sim unlock code.

I believe that some one out there, may be the original creator of SPVUnlock can get around the problem of the upgraded boot loader. Its just a matter of time. The i-mate 1.5 rom is application unlocked, but I had already done that procedure before upgrading.

I can also recommend imeter which can be found on this forum as a good utility.

I also beleive its a shame that we have to hunt around other rom providers to enhance/correct the original rom that was shipped by orange we are paying good money for them to provide a service, surly one of those services should be customer satisfaction, and an ongoing commitment to enhancements.

Before applying this update is there anything that i should do to ensure that i will be able to use the next Orange update released? Do i need to do a FULL backup of my phone (v0.98 bootloader) first??? I really like the sound of working charcter counter and better battery life but dont want to stop myself from getting new Orange updates. Should i just be patient?? Thanks in advance.