What games do you want

Guest muff

Guest midnight

original wolfenstein maybe, wolfenstein 3d isnt practical (not really possible on latest processors, would take huge amounts of ram for level and textures data, controls really wont work in a full 3d environment, and several other issues) ;)

wolfenstein 3d was also called "spear of destiny". but i think there also was a "wolfenstein" game, but it wasn't a first person shooter.

RTCW was awesome, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest liquid-core

I would like to see these on the Windows SmartPhone platform.

All six episodes of Commander Keen :)

Dig Dug - agreed with sgamon

Sink or Swim

SimCity 2000

Transport Tycoon

well... i could go on forever.

I would also be prepared to pay for them.

Guest midnight

i personally say........... bring on the new games :)

as a developer, whats wrong with new games, old games are all well and good, but getting licenses for these games is difficult to say the least, i think when muff started this topic it was more to get an idea of the style of potential games, not recreating that actual game, could be wrong of course :(

you're right mid, and I find it ironic that a previous poll showed that people wanted new games, and yet most of the returns here are for conversions of old ones :)

whell as i can see it.. al the games ides are alredy taken.. or is ther any game you know.. that dosent exist ??

so why not make the wounder full game simcity or test drive or so one. to the phone.. so wee can love it again.. and again... the new ides are out.. cant get any.. and yes it would be fun.. but is ther any game that is not alredy done ?

whell as i can see it.. al the games ides are alredy taken.. or is ther any game you know.. that dosent exist ??

so why not make the wounder full game simcity or test drive or so one. to the phone.. so wee can love it again.. and again... the new ides are out.. cant get any.. and yes it  would be fun.. but is ther any game that is not alredy done ?

there are few (if any) new game ideas

but that doesn't mean we have to do straight ports all the time

Guest midnight

its not as simple as just making the games, it's actually illegal, the only way is to get licenses for the games, which costs money (either directly or a % of your sales)

Guest goinnuts

i would love to see a fighting game, i now there is fight hard or something like that. but i ve seen a few java ones that look good and in 2d. look like street fighter. that would be cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking an open ended game... one like gta where you can do whatever you want, but more of a RPG style. Similar to morrowind, but with an overhead/3rd person perspective. maybe give it a cyberpunk style like DuesEx or Matrix. Dont waste money on liscencing, that'll just make you have to charge more, and everyone will gripe about that anyway. There was a game on sega genisis that keeps coming to mind... like what im describing and you could "jack in" to some kind of virtual world... I think it was called shadowrun or something... That kind of game with a rich story to it would rock in my book.

...or a decent billards game :lol:

Guest midnight

fraser, far from it, it gives developrs an idea as to the type of games you want

like i said earlier in this thread, muff wasnt asking for titles of games as such, but the types of games you would like to see

• 3 weeks later...
Guest darkmatter

@midnight

you're right mate.

ideas gathered from this thread would be of great help for game developers.

oh wait, i want an adventure games...something like rayman or sonic-like game.

Guest ZEROCOOL666
no, it was a DOS game back in the 90s, 256 colors i think.

you could choose from several cars (f1, lamborghini, porsche, etc), and you drove on relatively simple tracks and terrain. but those tracks featured jumps, bridges, tunnels you could do a side-loop, loopings etc.

you could then build you own tracks, i had a lot of jumps over windmills, trees etc.

it was one of the first 3-dimensional vector racing games, i believe.

check screenshots here:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/shots/p,/gameId,329/

awesome.

i remember this game....man i played it almost 24/7 i always made difficult tracks and my friends usually crashed on them :twisted: oww, omg...i REALLY REALLY REALLY would love to see this game on my phone *drool* infact, i think im gonna go look for that floppy disk right now and go play it :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Franctic

i realy would like somthing you can get involed in. somthing that eats up time. A sort of Diablo 2 would be good but i doubt it would be feasable without a good size SD card. A good FPS would be good too.

I would really love to see Bubble Bobble, Bust-a-Move and Super Mario .. but it'll probably never happen, since they're all copyrighted (?).

Perhaps a game lige Bluble Bobble or Zuper Lario ? :wink:

Bust-a-move is a relatively simple game, and there have been many clones over the years. May even be a port-able one out there already.

It's also very good and addictive, though best in two players.