What games do you want

Guest muff

Guest unclelimey
I would really love to see Bubble Bobble, Bust-a-Move and Super Mario .. but it'll probably never happen, since they're all copyrighted (?).

Perhaps a game lige Bluble Bobble or Zuper Lario ?  :wink:

bust a move has been done already for our phones, and its a great version too .. see hear... bust a move clone

and as for super mario.... i use the gameboy emulator and it runs super mario dx (gameboy color) and supermario land 1,2,3 ( gameboy) at perfect speed.. (im using a moto mpx200)

hope this helps

Guest kingdom master

basicaly it would seem that every one want emulators and old games, so why not concentrate on them. mame snes emul bout time someone cleaned this one up as it runs so much faster on e200, mitac and mpx200. frogger game. simcity 2000, kung fo master, shinobi. i think though wid mame and cleaned up snes emul we would have hundreds of games 2 keep us al happy while peeps work on new games Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest midnight

bacause emulators suck compared to making actual proper games that utilise the strengths of the smartphone device, we all know that YOU like emulators.

Also, we (meaning myself and muff) are making commercial games, ones that we can make a living from so we can develop Smartphone games full time, meaning more high quality games (ones that put emulators to shame)

bacause emulators suck compared to making actual proper games that utilise the strengths of the smartphone device, we all know that YOU like emulators.

Also, we (meaning myself and muff) are making commercial games, ones that we can make a living from so we can develop Smartphone games full time, meaning more high quality games (ones that put emulators to shame)

exatly, midnight ! .. so, what's the conclusion ? Simply code clones of already existing games - Nintendo has the best. Meaning, clones like the ones I've mentioned that utilizes the potential of the 120 mhz processor. (It is 120 mhz, right?).

Anyhoo, unclelimey - I just hope Super Mario will run properly on my E200 .. I'm sure it will, since the E200 owns the MPx :)

btw: midnight, get cracking on those old-school games - since no one has the invention needed, to compile just as magnificant games as those from Nintendo :D

Guest kingdom master

new stuff takes 2 long emuls r a temp measure. while u burn the midnite oil creating new. and im sure there would be enough peeps 2 fund a developer program Posted from my SmartPhone!

hehe, why oldschool? ;P

i'm sure we can come up with something which is a little more impressive :lol:

I'm sure you can - graffically, but not in gameplay .. I'm sorry, but I really can't belive you can - but luck to ya ! :)

But, if a mixture of great gameplay and incredible gfx can be achieved, I'll be the first to transfer those 15 bucks to you .. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pedrovreeburg

Hello everybody, I'm do not post a lot on this forum (although I read most of it) but now I feel inclined to spill my beans on this subject.

I know it has been said before but why not make a fully functional version of the Doom-engine for the SPV. I also appreciate the work Mboden has put in his version of Doom, but sound and a savegame functionality would be sorely needed. But...most of all, SPVDoom needs to get the same functionality for the loading customlevels (called WAD's) as the versions of doom for the PC have.

This would be awesome for developers and gamers alike. There is a very lively doom-community on the internet (check www.doomworld.com) which is churning out quality doom-levels at an astoundishing rate. If gamers could load these levels into their doom-engine the replayability would be endless.

Developers can have a fieldday by using the engine as a basis and then add bits and pieces to the code, making new graphics and textures and editing new levels. I think it's feasable te make a fullspeed version of the regular doomengine for the SPV (my roommate has a very old P100 pc with Win98 and even this runs the original Doom (also called vanilla-doom :D ) at fullspeed, i guess that our, a little bit more powerful, SPV's should be also capable of such a feat).

Nobody would be breaking any copyrightlaws with the re-coding of the engine, since the sourcecode is freely available on the ID-software website. The only thing a player should do is buy (or download...ooops) the wadfile (which stores all the graphics, music and levels) from DoomI or DoomII. The only problem is the large filesize of said wadfiles, these weight in at about 15 mb each (but only one of these is needed), so a large SD or MMC card is needed. Of course I don't think this is a problem because everybody already has a large card to listen to his favorite music...right??? :)

I am afraid I wouldn't be much of a help for any budding developers, because my coding skill are non-existant, my doomlevels are abbysmal and I have a serious shortage of free time, but I'm willing to shout encouragements and chat about everything Doom-related to everybody who picks up this gauntlet.

Well, that's about it, i sincerely hope somebody picks up the development of Doom because having a fully functional version of this game would kick some serious ASS and would give me a very, very, very good reason for owning the damn phone. :lol:

CU people later, Pieter.

P.S. forgive me for any grammatical or other errors in this post, I'm Dutch so English is not my native language.

I reckon some highly skilled software developer should sit down and do a really good Snes emulator and runs really well. There are loads of great games on the Snes, but the emulator we have is just no real use for playing games.

The phone can run Quake! Surely It can run a Chrono Trigger rom! (???)

You'd think so wouldn't you.

I would definately pay money for a decend Snes emulator.

Guest midnight

thats the difference between porting and emulating, porting changes the game code to work on this device, emulation emulates other processors, which is slow, on top of that you have to emulate custom graphics and sound chips aswell

ps2 has a relatively slow processor, but emulating it on pc aint easy

Guest Rubbish Monkey

hmmm......a side ways scrollign game in the double dragon/final fight/ninja warriors vein (or splatterhouse) or even a boxing game....just had fond memories of final round then.

or

Ikari warriors :) I remember a game on the amstrad 464 called Druid which was a cool top down shooter thingy with spells, and a golum thingy.

or some turn based two player games (pool) :wink:

I see theres a MAME for pocket PC / P800 and digital camera mame!!!

oh. just thought i'd pop the links up in case anyone wants a peek.

Digital Cam mame

P800/900 mame

Pocket PC mame

• 5 weeks later...
Guest pauly_squiff

Thee original (top down view) Grand Theft Auto!

That would be ace.

And a new decent RPG, like Shadowrun (someone mentioned it earlier and it brought back loads of cool memories)

Guest bluntsideQtek7070

theres one game no one has mentioned (i think) and thats the classic MARIO!!!

id love to see MARIO on my QTEK 7070 (ps what the hell does SPV mean.. i just know my phone as a Smartphone and a Qtek 7070)....

yeah so MARIO!...or a similar kind of game which is 2D and scrolls across the screen like mario...or SONIC!... but thats a bit old... also DONKEY KONG 3 was good and had great graphicks..surley these wouldnt take up much RAM...

What do ya think....

Guest zeta101

spv = Sound Picture Video, just a silly name made up for the UK version, just like SAP = Smart Amazing Phone,, think thats for asia...and u can get mario, there is a NES SNES and gameboy emulators out there, the NES runs about the best (fastest).

anyway back on topic, it would be interesting to have some kind of mmpog, there are quite a few out there that are all text and numbers based, mostluy like building empires and attacking other people for land or planets or something, but i dont think there are any that are optimised for smartphone (to run via pIE). So either a website that would be optimised or a program that connects to a server and uses gprs (would be better as less stuff would have to be d/l each time).

This is a big project though, and has all kinds of maintainance costs (like a server) but i would be great for the smartphone community and it would be a new spin on mmpogs too!

Guest daniel darky

SuperCars from the Amiga!!!

I think this could be a distinct possibility, at least a clone of it could be made, maybe using the Micro Turismo engine as a start point?

Somebody with some skill please consider this, or at least the principles employed in the game, upgrading components, simple combat, small choice of cars... After seeing Rick Dangerous I'm feeling all nostalgic and am currently considering sticking my old amiga in a vice to make it pocket sized :)

Guest Bolsero

I think FF VII would be great.

It has a lot of fans and the controll is perfect with 5 ways joystick. Also It could be easily ported to smartphone.

• 2 months later...
Guest bprintskater
a game like california games :)

ski or die

Just a nice small skate/snowboard game or something :lol:

Yes i would love to see that. I had Skate or die for the snes emulator but like most snes roms it didnt work :cry:

Other games i would like to see is:

1 an rpg, Especially a final fantasy Port or suikoden or grandia, all classics

2 BAckgammon game, if you are interested in coding one wit me look here http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=108945

3 Kings Quest (Classic adventure, although it required text input, though there must be ways around that)

4 Winter Olympics (made by the people who made calafornia games)

5 Any Quiz Game especially who wants to be a millionaire and weakest link

6 I know it seems to be a dirty word but a Java emulator... there were so many good and free java games for my SE T610 i dont think it would be breaking the law to emulate them would it???

7 An age of empires Clone (or even age of empires)

I dont know how possible any of these are but i am sure most of them could be done. If anyone is interested in coding a game with me (i do graphics) then please email me ([email protected])

Cheers

Alex

Guest sadistsly

Hi :)

List as follows:

Super Sprint (id well second that:)

Dark Forces

Blake Stone Aliens Of Gold

GTA 1

GTA 2

Hexan or Heretic

Everquest PPC (A way of getting ported to the right resolution for SPVs)

Commander Keen

Some Old RPGs (like the elder scrolls series)

Age Of Empires PPC (Same needs a port for SPV res :lol:

Rise of The Triads

Cannon Fodder

Sensible Soccer & Sensible World Of Soccer

Descent 1,2 + 3

And basically most Classic DOS First Person Shooters that ive forgot :lol:

Im not sure how port-a-friendly these are but i know theyd be great on the SPV and cuase as much joy as they did when they were first released

Thanks Alot And Good Luck Coders