What games do you want

Guest muff

Guest roozbeh

well happe news...

you can play hexen(or heretic...not sure which one but for sure one of them) with my doom legacy port....

just wait for a while till i release it

Guest bongbong

I agree that we need an rpg for the smarphone.

There will alwasy be racers, platformers,the nevery dying first person shooters etc but i still have to see an rpg of even snes quality like Final Fantasy on the Smartphone and no the japanese version on those super hi tech ms smartphones in Japan dont count if I cant get them.

Guest kopkings

I would like to see:

Resident Evil 1 Original (prob one of the best games made)

Shadow Warrior (ninja fps was such a great game quite funny in some moments pretty violent. Roozbeh could u get it working? think it had the same engine as duke3d)

Any Lightgun game(House of the dead, Virtua Cop etc)

Warcraft 1 or 2 (Both Brilliant games in my opinion Warcraft 2 was and still is the best strategy game going, doubt 3 would ever work on a phone though)

Carmageddon (the only racing game ive ever liked prob cus you get to run over people and smash into other cars :) )

All of these were on PC BTW

oh yeah and every fps that sadistsly said

Guest midnight

when muff started this thread he didnt mean a list of games you want porting, more a list of game types you would like to see on the smartphone, used as a guide for us to develop some games, we dont do ports :)

aside from that, porting games has a huge legal issue (unless the source is released), you cannot for example, just port resident evil over to the smartphone or Capcom would kick your ass. and for this reason games like Lemmings for Smartphone have never resurfaced (shame, cos that was looking good).

Guest kopkings

key phrase:

I would like to see

did I say quick heres my opinion port them???? dont think I did

I doubt that any of these will ever surface on the smartphone any time soon, but merely stated that it would be good if they or a game like it were ever to appear on the phone.

Guest beersoft

well, just to avoid the wrath of midnight (and to stay on the original topic)

the style of game i would like to see are

1 on 1 fighter (I know its coming)

a sideways scroller in the style of doubledragon/shinobi/shadow dancer

platformer like keen/mairo/alex kidd/dukenukem

top down racer like supersprint/supercars/any of the neo geo racers

something simcity/transport tycoon/theme park style

and some nice shootem ups, more eclipse please sir :)

later

Owen

Guest midnight

kopkings, you have taken way too much offence to that post, i did not aim it at anyone specific, i was merely stating what the topic was, plenty of people do not understand the nature of the topic.

Guest kopkings

np no offense taken. Thought you were aimimg it specifically at me. Ive got a question about the issues of porting games.

Are you legally allowed to port to other devices whats known as Abandonwere as there is a lot of games I found after a brief search that match what people were after eg racing games etc

Guest midnight

theoretically yes, but you really do have to make sure its abandonware. For example, some sitres ahve lemmings as abandonware, its not, Sony now own the license (acquired it when they acquired psygnosis) so its definitely better to contact the opriginal authors about licenses.

ps: i've tried contacting a few developers about OLD games, and they simply wont allow it, old games are making a come-back due to mobile phones, current mobiles are ideal for straight ports of old 2d games such as pacman, galaga, bombjack etc. and allows the likes of namco/atari etc to make money off them so getting a license is impossible (well, near as)

Guest unclelimey

unless of course you do like muff did and make an exact copy of pacman and space invaders.

:)

just think how much money namco could have made from pacman

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest midnight

shhhhh, yeh, but muff has always said he will delete them if they object. it is a risk, and again, different if you make them for free or make them commercial (kind of, both are kind of dodgy, but if you profit from another companies game they are obviously gonna be more upset)

Guest roozbeh

i only dont know why especially midnight and in general most of those modaco mods hate porting and all related stuff....

you can see that in most of their posts related to porting....

i dont know if this is related to their software making,feared of a treat on slowing their sellings or....anything else....

i dont know....but i am really losing my first feels for porting them and spending[or now wasting]my time.....

Guest midnight

direct ports are just no fun to make, especially not for me, i'm a gfx artist and game designer, if its a straight port then its normal to port the gfx over aswell, and why do you need game design, the game already exists.

I'm sure Muff, who is a coder, feels that porting isnt so much fun either, its certainly nothing you can as be proud of in comparison to making your own game. And as we've more recently found out, making your own game engine is more satisfying than using someone elses, its something you can be REALLY proud of.

Making a game is a huge amount of work, but is so rewarding (shame it doesnt pay well)

Guest machieru
I hope they can port GTA (Grand Theft Auto) that would be really great.

Yes, this is an hint for roozbeh  :)

go roozbeh go roozbeh :roll:

Guest midnight

theres been no official lemmings game for the Symbian, Palm or PPC, all are done by fans, problem is, Sony can sink their claws in at any time, and with the PSP coming out it wouldnt surprise me one bit if Sony got them took down.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markjtaylor

I would love to see an original puzzle/adventure/rpg game.

The modern age action "reflex" based games just dont stack up as well when played from a mobile phone.

Somthing mentally stimulating; a new school point and click adventure would be awesome. However understandably the lack of mouse complicates things; however its easily worked out by using the keypad numbers as "hot" keys to make your selection.

Original Characters, Original humor, fresh puzzles, and those classic 2D cartoon graphics.

I'd pay for that 8)

hmmm GTA sounds good, but my favorite is Need for Speed (2)

I think that's do-able aswell.

or any good racing game in that case. I love racing games and I'd be willing to pay for it if I knew it was good and runs good on my MPX200.

O yes... a sonic the hedgehog game would be appreciated by this smartphone user :-D

as long as the speed is good that is!!!!

suggestions anybody?