GPRS Settings Problem (Hutchworld India)

Guest kudosam

Guest kudosam

I have tried to activate GPRS but have been unable to do so yet. The sim update that the network sent did not recognize SPV so I could read nothiing and it did nothing. Manually I got the settings but there seems to be too many parameters which they gave and are not on the SPV

Parameters given:

Manual GPRS Settings

-----------------------------------------------

Settings name- Hutch_gprs

Home page- http://www.hutchworld.co.in

Session Mode- Permanent

Connection security- Off

Data bearer- GPRS

GPRS access point- portalnmms

IP address- 10.10.1.100

Authentification type- Normal

Login type- Automatic

User name

Password

--------------------------------------

I put in the parameters avlbl on the SPV and the 'G' sign came on the phone screen on top however it still will not connect, the service provider says they have activated the GPRS though.

Anyone has any advice?

Guest awarner [MVP]

If you have the G it means you are in a GPRS arear and it is enabled (it can also mean you have MMS enabled)

I'm sure Martin will be along soon to lend his expert advice :)

Guest Maverick

Those are typical settings for a Nokia phones.. I dont think all those settings are required. Just the access point and the ip address should be ok.

BTW, Does Hutch offer SPV in India... or u got it from the "infamous" grey market :-)

Guest Maverick

Did the GPRS work when you were in US? .. Initially when I had problems, I was told by Orange that the phone needs to be rebooted for the GPRS modem to take the new settings.... Probably a default Customer Service answer for every problem.. Still give that a try.

Guest kudosam67

I am presuming rebooting is shutdown and restart, yes I did that after putting the new settings in but no luck at all. I was not using Gprs in the US, trying it the first time.

Hi Kudosam.

I think these setting work

Hutchworld India

Create proxy connection

Description: Hutch proxy

Connects from: The Internet

Connects to: WAP network

Proxy (name:port): 10.10.1.100:9201

Type: WAP

Username: blank

Password: blank

Create GPRS connection

Description: Hutch GPRS

Connects to: The Internet

Access Point: portalnmms

User:

Password :

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS:0.0.0.0

IP Address:

Create GPRS connection

Description: Hutch MMS

Connects to: MMS Connection (Orange MMS if using Orange ROM software)

Access Point:portalnmms

User:

Password :

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS:0.0.0.0

IP Address:

In data connections

Internet Connection: Hutch GPRS

In Internet Explorer - menu-option, connections

Untick 'Automatically detect settings' and make 'Select Network : The Internet'

MMS setup

Settings - Accessories - MMS setup

First field: Hutch MMS

IP: 10.10.1.100

Port: 9201

Mmsc Address: http://mms1.hutchworld.co.in/mms/

Guest kudosam67

Hey Martin, Thx

I tried everything as you mentioned however now in my data connections there is no option coming for hutch gprs, its just automatic and pass thro connection. the hutch gprs disappeared from there once i created all these connection settings, i rebooted as well after but no change, still missing.

I spoke to the network and they said its a WAP GPRS that they have, I don't know if thats what you meant by them using only Internet APN.

Kudosam67

If the Hutch GPRS data has 'Connects to : The Internet' then it should be displayed as an option under the Internet Connection. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be there unless the phone is playing up.

I would test the APN as an internet connection first and then attempt to access both HTML and WML pages using HTTP.

http://www.google.com/wml

http://www.modaco.com/mobile

Then set the APN as the WAP connection and try accessing WML pages using WSP.

Set 'WAP Connection: Hutch GPRS'

In IE, untick 'auto detect settings' and set 'Select Network: WAP Network'

Access wsp://www.google.com/wml

Guest Maverick
Tried everything as you mentioned but no joy.. I have given up now.  Thx for taking the trouble.

I would recommend that you try out GPRS atleast once when you are back in US. My SPV had a hardware fault related to GPRS and had to be replaced.

Hi.

I am new to Modaco and the SPV. Have had mine for about a week and am getting on great with it but I am also having similar problems with connecting to the net and MMS.

My contract is with voda phone, i have had GPRS enabled and have the G on my phone but still no joy. Vodaphone said they couldnt give me any settings as they 'did not recognise the phone.' A friend got some settings for me but it still not working. Can any one help?

Thanks.

Have those settings already but all i get is unable to connect call. will double check anyway. Any other suggestions where i might be going wrong would be helpfull please.

• 2 weeks later...

my dear indian friend....orange fakes gprs in mumbai...it actually connects us to there server and then to the internet...there is no proper gprs connection there..

i use bpl and airtel gprs though i prefer airtel to gprs as it is available in nearly all cities in india and they just dont charge me for gprs...they have complimented the service to me.

you need to just go in jmms settings and change one of the existing network details with the one sent by bpl or airtel which ever one u start using and it works just fine...i am using a mitac mio...and its great

• 6 months later...
Guest kudosam67

Check the previous page for settings given by Martin, they worked for me finally on Hutch after some serious time spent getting it right. Follow it to the T and it should work.

• 2 months later...
Guest kudosam67

Funny problem after I upgraded to Xphone, my GPRS does not work i.e I can not surf or access any site even on WAP but my MMS works based on the settings above. Earlier on my old SPV both worked and I used the same settings. Makes no sense to me at all. Anyone has any ideas how this can happen?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kudosam67

Nopes, changing to airtel means changing my no. and I can't do that as everyone I know has my hutch no. and changing no's is a pain always and they don't hv number portability here as yet. ows the airtel service anyway? Is it wap or gprs? hutch is wap.

Guest Maverick

Its gprs.. But only problem with it is when I use GPRS, all incoming calls go to voice mail !! :D . Niel Enns of MS Mobile division claims its due to n/w not signalling properly.. So I am flaming Airtel customer services now.

Also, Anyone here has the MMS settings for Airtel India?

Guest kousthub1

Hi,

Can someone help me with WAP settings for Airtel India? I called customer care, but those guys can't seem to help me with settings for the Motorola MPx200.

Thanks.

Guest kudosam67

There are no specific settings for the mpx, you should get the settings from airtel to set/input into the mpx yourself... the sim update will not work from any provider as they do not recognize the handset.