Custom ringtones from the SD-Card ?

Guest Han Derre

Guest Han Derre

Hi !

Please excuse a newbie for maybe posting this topic in the wrong forum, or should have browsed the site more thorougly before posting this topic. :oops:

I want to use the ringtones stored in the SD-Card for my contacts. Meaning for instance: When my son calls me, I want the phone to use the "70's Spiderman" wav which is stored in the SD-Card. When my Girlfriend rings, i want it to use the "Sweet Love" wav by Anita Baker which i have modified using the Audacity application, also stored in the SD-Card. These customringtones do I want to store under the contact-info under the "custom ring-tone" selection. Now, is this possible to do so from the wav's stored in the SD-Card or do I have to store them in the IPSMApplication DataSounds folder ? :shock:

In advance,

Thanks a lot,

Han Derre

Oslo, Norway

:roll:

i dont think this supports muti ringtones but here is how to do itor one ringtone...... maybe someone else can help with the multi contact problem.

Ringtones on SD/MMC Card

Open the registry editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsRingTone0

Select 'Values'

Select 'Sound' and change the Value Data: Storage Cardpath to wavwavname (eg. Storage CardRingtonesmyringer.wav)

Guest mavisdavis

:) I was searching for this all nite last night.

the first thing you'll really need is Changer Sonnerie V.2 (Do a Search)

That allows you to change sms alarm and ringtone aswell as other things.

To set up the Custom Ringtones for contacts edit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

ControlPanel

SoundCategories

Ring

Directory

and change the value data to the directory of your ringtones

eg. Storage CardRingtones

then reboot. Now if you go to Contacts - Custom Ringtone, every ringtone in your selected directory is available

One thing with doing this regedit it will freeze the phone if you go into Settings>Sounds. I don't bother now I use Changer Sonnerie V.2

Guest Han Derre
To set up the Custom Ringtones for contacts edit: 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER 

ControlPanel 

SoundCategories 

Ring 

Directory 

and change the value data to the directory of your ringtones 

eg. Storage CardRingtones 

then reboot. Now if you go to Contacts - Custom Ringtone, every ringtone in your selected directory is available

One thing with doing this regedit it will freeze the phone if you go into Settings>Sounds. I don't bother now I use Changer Sonnerie V.2

NOW we're talking ! Just one thing....How do I enter the registry editor ?

:oops:

By the way...I managed to download the ROM-version 1.5 for my Qtek7070 (Tanager) and it rules ! It's so much faster !! No lagtime between menu's anymore ! No irritating moments with the hour-glass and nothing working....even though the ROM-update from the www.qtek.nu is "uncompatible" with the original ROM I managed to update it, rebooting with the rec. button pressed while pressing the power-button and getting the 3-coloured display. AND the best part....you can choose ringtones directly from the SD-Card ! Now all I have to do is to get into the reg.editor and change directory, get a bigger SD-card and I'm finaly, truly 100% satified with my SmartPhone !

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have changed the registry and when I go to my contacts I can choose from the ringtones on my storage card. But they still won't play, the phone will only play my default tone. Is there any other change I will have to do?

Guest Sinister

Hmm I've have the same thing.

I can see the wav's but still it plays the default one.

You said you've sorted it out now, what exactly did you do to resolve this.

Grtz....

Guest goinnuts

ok sim prob.

Storage Cardringtones

when i go to custom ringtone i get and no other choice.

also tried this for system sounds no i just get that daft noise it makes when theres no sound there, which is even worse than the clunk sound. :?

At first I wrote "Storage Cardringtones" without a "" at the end. When I added that one it suddenly worked!!. However, it's not very stable. Some contacts will not play the custom tone.

Guest Sinister

Same here....

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I noticed something strange.

ie.

I have a contact let's say Mr.X who has a mobile number and a home number.

In my contacts this person appears twice after i added the second number.

Both numbers seem to be able to have it's own custom ringtone.

I selected (after tweak) the exact same wav for both numbers.

Now when Mr.X calls me with his mobile it works, when the same Mr.X calls me with his home-number it doesn't instead it lpays the default wav.

Strange eh?

ps. forgive by bad english, for it isn't my native language.

GrtZ to all

• 4 months later...
Guest Bang321

This post may be really late... but i have found out that you do not need to use smarttones or jeyopersonalizer. After I edit the registry to reflect the location of my ringtones:

I have changed it to both (IPSMApplication Data Sounds) and (Storage CarsMy Documents)

The problem with this is that once you do this, going into settings and then sounds locks up the phone... BUT I have come to realize, that if you go back into the registry and change it back to (Windows) the settings -> sound menu works and shows the ringtones that you edited the registry to find previously. The funny thing is that for it to work... u must use Windows as opposed to windows.. the "w" must be capitalized... I hope this helps

Guest animasz2004

hey bang, i tried the latter too, everytime i checked my sound settings i get the same response. ive tryd changing it back to its default settings because i couldnt find any ringtone (default or sd) in programs-settings-sounds. so i just did a hard reset. it may be the dumbest move but it did resolve my second issue. the 1st issue well...have to get my hands on it yet. tnx.

oh another thing, is it safe or stable?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nomis_nehc
This post may be really late... but i have found out that you do not need to use smarttones or jeyopersonalizer. After I edit the registry to reflect the location of my ringtones:

I have changed it to both  (IPSMApplication Data Sounds) and (Storage CarsMy Documents)

The problem with this is that once you do this, going into settings and then sounds locks up the phone... BUT I have come to realize, that if you go back into the registry and change it back to (Windows) the settings -> sound menu works and shows the ringtones that you edited the registry to find previously. The funny thing is that for it to work... u must use Windows as opposed to windows.. the "w" must be capitalized... I hope this helps

i am wondering how you made it to reflect both dir's. did you make a new reg entry?

• 4 months later...

-Create A Folder in SD card to Store All The sound files ( Storage Cardwav)

-copy Every Sound files in folder Windows of your Smartphone (.mid .wav .wma)

to Storage Cardwav

-Add new ringtones to Storage Cardwav

Then set Registry ...

-HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> ControlPanal >> SoundCategories >> Alarm > Values > Directory

to be Storage Cardwav

-HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> ControlPanal >> SoundCategories >> InCall > Values > Directory

to be Storage Cardwav

-HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> ControlPanal >> SoundCategories >> Notification > Values > Directory

to be Storage Cardwav

-HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> ControlPanal >> SoundCategories >> Reminder > Values > Directory

to be Storage Cardwav

-HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> ControlPanal >> SoundCategories >> Ring > Values > Directory

to be Storage Cardwav

-HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> ControlPanal >> SoundCategories >> System > Values > Directory

to be Storage Cardwav

(Don't miss,there are 3 s in the String,S&C should be upper case)

Restart your SmartPhone.

(You should wait for a while To make sure that Your SmartPhone is Full Access To SD card before go on.)

Then You can Assign Individual Ring tone to each Contact..

(And If u set complete as above,Setting>Sound still work too!!!)

(But Sound of System_Boot Should be in IPSM, you should set Registry To re-correct it.)

(I use SPV E100 -Smartphone2002)

Guest lukeap69

@dinoalbert,

i tried it already and it worked! i did not change all the directories mentioned. only ring, alarm, notification & reminder. others remained. so far, everything worked and i had assigned ringtones to my contact from my beloved SD card.

lukeap