ADDICT MOBILE/SMART Concerns

Guest grifter

Guest runab0ut

Hi,

noobie pa lang po, just got my SAP a few days ago...

question... i'm trying to access GPRS and its dialing a number?!?!? if i check the settings all are fille up naman and do i have to do something to activate properly the GPRS feature?

since ngayon lang ako nag-switch-to SMART, does the *888 service number would not incur charges when called?

i've read dito sa forum that 'brightpoint' is the service center for SAPs from smart? i got the addict 800 SAP, do this have a warranty? kasi na-we-weirdohan ako na gumagalaw ang batt ko, parang nde virgin! ;)

dami ako questions... pero lurk muna.

thanks

@runabOut

Ang instruction ksi lagi duon sa SMART, send GPRS ON to 333. Also send MMS ON to 333. In my case, when I got my SAP, and had my Addict Sim activated, GPRS ready na sya. Didn't bother doing that GPRS ON. However, I still had to send MMS ON, dun lang nag work yung MMS ko.

In your SAP, you should see the "G" icon at the top. Kung hindi, try sending GPRS ON. This should be activated in a few minutes. Kung wala parin, tawag ka na sa 8881111, then follow up on your request.

Guest mariolouis

@rodnav

weird nga yun ah! tatawagan mo ba naman sarili mo? hehehe! teka, so what's that mms finder? minsan makikita ko yung sapsap, nagse-send mag-isa. baka minumulto! nuninuninuni...

@runabout

dialing is it's term for connecting. when it is "dialing", be sure to check for the "G" icon in the signal bar.

Guest grifter

@ML,

pards, the SAP sometimes sends SMS or connects via GPRS by itself. This is normal.

It's updating the Addict Menu or other maintenance procedures.

Guest runab0ut
@runabOut

Ang instruction ksi lagi duon sa SMART, send GPRS ON to 333. Also send MMS ON to 333. In my case, when I got my SAP, and had my Addict Sim activated, GPRS ready na sya. Didn't bother doing that GPRS ON.  However, I still had to send MMS ON, dun lang nag work yung MMS ko.

In your SAP, you should see the "G" icon at the top. Kung hindi, try sending GPRS ON. This should be activated in a few minutes.  Kung wala parin, tawag ka na sa 8881111, then follow up on your request.

thanks pare, the icon is there, pero ginawa ko na rin just to be sure. ;)

Guest rodnav

@ML

the mms finder is as the term implies gives you a map of what you are looking for. for instance, i once used it to locate where a certain buiding was, it sent me a detailed map of the area which was zoomeable (is there such a term). another is the person finder, you can actually find out where you are within 10 meters or less. it even has a SAP icon on the map, for people who get lost. or if you want to find out where a certain smart subscriber is, you could locate him/her with it, but that subscriber must also have permitted to find out where he/she is, eg if your friend is in megamall, it would show where in the building you're friend is.

Guest mariolouis

@grift

pards, smart nga talaga tong smart amazing phone! nagse-send ng sms at nagko-connect sa gprs mag-isa. sana walang charge mga yun! yung colleague ko kasi dito, di marunong magwap, di nga nya alam kung ano ang wap at gprs eh! puro calls and txt lang, akalain mong may GPRS charge sa billing nya!!!

yung MMS na pinapadala ng smart/addict, i believe wala namang charge yun di ba? i did not request anything from addict. basta padala lang sila ng padala. hmm...

Guest chibako
yung MMS na pinapadala ng smart/addict, i believe wala namang charge yun di ba? i did not request anything from addict. basta padala lang sila ng padala. hmm...

received anything lately from juliana? hehehe! ;) padala nga sila ng padala e. may charge ba sa atin yun? :?

Guest rodnav

have any of you guys accessed smart's addictmobile email? i can't seem to register to 409! been trying for more than a month. always the same error, unable to send message! i know grifter has his activated.

hey peeps, have this problem naman, it seems smart/addict has changed their settings on the action backup. I use to connect on this using pass through connection. but have been trying to do this for the last three days pero error ang message. Anyone experiencing the same? Any solutions can you offer please?

Guest rodnav

@ses,

that use to happen to me but i haven't tried it recently as i've switched to IMATE rom. when it happened i just usually wait a while and then it can access it again. what's the precise error message? have you checked your data connections?

Guest ericharlz

question lng po. Im a newbie here in this forum and so as to smart/addict. ask ko lng kc i tried using my SIM sa old Nokia fone ko, tapos try ko tumawag d ako makatawag (openline nmn yung fon n ginamit ko) "your number cannot be completed as dialed please check the number and dial again". do i miss anything? even *888 d matawagan, same message naririnig ko. pero nakaka-send nmn ng SMS. hope you can shed light on this.

thanks!

Note: it works fine with my SPV pero pag lipat ko sa isa kong fone e this problem occurs...

Guest adi116
@rodnav

weird nga yun ah! tatawagan mo ba naman sarili mo? hehehe! teka, so what's that mms finder? minsan makikita ko yung sapsap, nagse-send mag-isa. baka minumulto! nuninuninuni...

ganyan din yung SAP ko, eberytime mag-restart ako, then open ko contacts, automatic lumalabas yung sms sent - yung message napapadala sa girlfriend ko. more than 10 times na niya na-recieve same message.

Ngayon corrected na. It seems na pag madami na yung laman ng sent items nag-o-occur yung error. nung dinelete ko yung all sent items then nag-restart ako, ok na. di na siya nag-se-send mag-isa.

Guest mariolouis

@rodnav

mukhang ok yata yung mms finder ah! bat kaya ako na-charge dun? ni hindi ko nga alam yun eh!

may map na zoomable? eh di hindi na natin kailangan ng tube! ok yun ah! pano ba makaka-access nun? baka pareho lang ng zed finder?

Guest virgil
@rodnav

mukhang ok yata yung mms finder ah! bat kaya ako na-charge dun? ni hindi ko nga alam yun eh!

may map na zoomable? eh di hindi na natin kailangan ng tube! ok yun ah! pano ba makaka-access nun? baka pareho lang ng zed finder?

This Amazing Map application was developed to enable SMART and Talk n Text subscribers to use all the Location-based services such as Person Finder, Establishment Finder, Street Finder and Driving Directions via the Internet over GPRS and WAP over GPRS capabilities of the Smart mobile network.

It integrates a mapping capability to enable Smart and Talk n Text subscribers to appreciate the advantages of viewing graphical image using the latest GPRS/MMS handsets equipped with color screens against the textual info. Maps communicate information that is related to space and location in a remarkably efficient way, reducing information to a single, clear visual presentation.

This service will be available on phones that are capable of viewing MMS pages over WAP-GPRS (e.g. Nokia 7650) and HTML pages over GPRS (e.g Smart Amazing Phone).

Coverage of this service is Nationwide.

The WAP Link is within SMART’s iNET (WAP Portal) page.

Click on the MMS Finder link to access the different services

End-User Price is five pesos (P5.00) per download.

Guest howitzer_89

...question pa... where does or what folder ba pumupunta ang mga saved MMS pix? when i received a pix MMS i save it pero paghinanap ko sa fone using smart explorer.. wala namang masearch... ;)

Guest chibako
...yung mga tumatanggap ng MMS galing kay juliana.. you are charge P5.00 for it..

talaga?!?! is there a way to get rid of this? wala naman akong balak magdownload ng FHM, etc ah??? :evil: and they are charging it to us?

Guest rodnav
...yung mga tumatanggap ng MMS galing kay juliana.. you are charge P5.00 for it..

i got a message from juliana, but i didn't request for it. it's like an unwanted solicitation. i don't think i was charged for this as i didn't access it.