PocketMusic now available FREE for Microsoft SmartPhone!

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey

Is it just me being a McThicko or can you only convert from a cd? 

is there a direct conversion prog from mp3 to ogg? 

HbP

Yes

dBpowerAMP is good - do a google search :)

Guest Palindrome

It's good to have a dedicated music player for the phone. Compared to Windows Media Player this is great (and FREE!!). It does stutter when the EQ and Xtra Bass are on tho but hopefully that will be sorted in an update (if they see fit to release further versions).

A big round of cheering to PocketMind.

Guest cyrilthefish

So far much better than media player.

unfortunately, the 'xtra bass' thing does not work at all on my e100 :)

If i enable it i get: half-second of music, loud 'click' sound, half-second pause, half-second of music, loud 'click' sound, half-second pause, half-second of music, loud 'click' sound, half-second pause... and so on...

It's got the potential to be a 'must have' program, but atm it just doesnt provide enough benefits to justify me converting my whole wma music collection back to mp3 (oggs play slowly in PM and wont play at all in Windows Media PLayer 9, which is what I use on my desktop)

Once the performance problems are sorted out, I'll use this - until then it's wmp...

Does anyone know if this was designed specifically for the SPV, or some other phone with a faster processor?

I've downloaded the player but i can't access it because i've no registration key - the site is not letting me access it to get my free key. Has anyone got any ideas/had similar problems?

Guest hellboundpeanut

has anyone else had the prob of it sounding like a scratched cd sometimes (jumping) , it may be the conversion config ive got -- could someone post a good one they know of ?

cheers

HbP

Guest casper508

The ogg files I converted are 40% of the original mp3 which is great but jumping audio seems to be a big problem. Even with no other apps running I still get the jumpy/scratch effect. Seems ill be sticking to my WMAs untill i get hold of a bigger SD card.

Cas

I think WMA is a much stable format for SPVs.. Or is just the conversion to OGG... I've tried the file in WINAMP and it was OK but my phone hangs up when the LOADING ICON comes up... damn, dats what you get from v.98 :twisted: Ill wait for further dev of this app

great player but as most of you say, shame that xtra bass and equalizer doesnt really work. I tried it and it played so much better than it stopped after like 3 seconds.. :)

Guest ***merlin***
How did any of you manage to lock the keypad ?

Has anyone managed to answer a call via the Headset ?

Cheers

PT-1

Whilst using the program you can hold the red hangup key to lock the keypad, it takes you back to the homescreen. But to get back into the program to stop your music is a right ball ache!!!