Advice needed for upgrage (an SAP user in Bangladesh)

Guest alamr

Hi,

I bought a SAP from ebay. It is Network Unlocked and Application Unlocked. I am using it in Bangladesh with GrameenPhone Network. My question is that, after hearing from others that the ROM upgrades makes the phone faster. I want to upgrade too. But am bit scared that after upgrading, my phone will be Network Locked and Application Locked.

1)Is it true?

2) If true can I unlock both network and application lock again?

3) which Upgrade should I use? the one made by SAP or can I use anyother one?

My thanks to anyone who replies

----alamr

Hi,

I bought a SAP from ebay. It is Network Unlocked and Application Unlocked. I am using it in Bangladesh with GrameenPhone Network. My question is that, after hearing from others that the ROM upgrades makes the phone faster. I want to upgrade too. But am bit scared that after upgrading, my phone will be Network Locked and Application Locked.  

1)Is it true?

2) If true can I unlock both network and application lock again?

3) which Upgrade should I use? the one made by SAP or can I use anyother one?

My thanks to anyone who replies

----alamr

1) upgrading the ROM would improve the performance of your phone and add some new features

2 and 3) depends on which ROM version you are going to use to upgrade your phone --- word of caution, don't use Smart's rom version 1.5.0.28, it will sim lock your phone to Smart and it would a big pain in the ass to unlock it again. use the othe ROM, Qtek, Eurotel or Imate, just a make search for this updates. Check out what the benefits for each own and choose what would be appropriate for you. The discussions are quite detailed in the following links

imate

qtek

hope this helps

welcome to modaco

and the pinoy(filipino) forum