Smart Phone Orange Genuine Car Kit

Guest mathew.jones

Guest mathew.jones

Smart Phone Orange Genuine Car Kit

I have been a Mobile Phone User for over 9 years. I can remember the Breese block phones, then I met Nokia, slim, stylish, top accessories, so when I decided to take the leap and buy the Orange SPV (£130 Upgrade Price) I then had to upgrade my Nokia Car Kit to the Orange SPV one (150 + £55 for fitting and removing the old one) ,,,,, Fair enough……. WOW Orange you really did not go far into thinking his one through. The car kit is terrible, it wobbles, is made of cheep tacky plastic, and the aerial that come with it, don’t go there, I have had to buy a part so that I can attach the holder to the car so I can see the actual phone as it does not swivel enough. Don’t get me wrong, it took a lot of research on the SPV and I made the jump but if you sell a phone to the businessman we expect good quality components. No blue tooth,,,, Fine I can live with this but I travel 300 to 500 miles per week in my car and I live for the Hands Free Car Kit. Orange you have really let me down on this Kit.

What more can I say, if there is something out there that meats my needs rather than the amazingly rubbish kit I have just paid good money for then please let me know………….

This has been my personal bugbear for a while, and luckily my stereo allows direct input from a jack plug. so i'm working on a full 'nice' kit...

Also a guy in the pinoy section is working on something, (probably more technical than mine)

I hope as the number of owners increase, other carkit companies will make adapters/convertors to add the htc devices to their supported items..

As soon as something decent arrives on the scene (or some company sends me one to test).. It will be on here.

Orange seem to think the wired headset is a good substitute, coupled with the speakerphone abilities..

As i say i have cash waiting, but for the RIGHT product.

Will

Guest mathew.jones

I think I will be popping into the electricians to see what he can do for me.

I have just come of the phone to Orange as I have just travelled on my way from Wales to Newbury 135 miles. When I am talking its as if I am talking thought a Wind Tunnel and I am not able to here the other person very well due to the speaker volume on the kit.

“Are” Said the Lady “It is like this for all Car Kits”

“So for the last 5 years, my Nokia car kit has been so poor quality I have never really used it”

I was amazed at what I was being told. I run a IT Company that have several 1st line support and if I ever found them “FOBBING” a client off like I was, I would be giving out some P45’s.

If like me you upgraded, as the Car Kit is available then I would sit back and think about it before going ahead. Sounds like the bill is about to be getting larger, a new Stereo to assist with the volume…………

O and I can Quote….. Orange Customer Care “Yes but it sounds like you have a noisy car”

Now why didn’t I think of that, nothing to do with the Car Kit, I will be phoning BMW, as soon as I finish this post………….

Mind you the phone is good and I am wound up.

Thanks god for this forum or I would be pulling my hair out……….

Question.

One is assuming you can just wire this up to the compatible stereos then, to receive the voice going thought the stereo speakers?

Guest mathew.jones

There is a number for people like myself and its 08000790038, an engineer is calling to my home £45+VAT to check that the installation is done o.k.

Then they will replace any faulty parts to which I have to pay for.

They will not refund me as this was not fitted by one of there engineers £95+VAT

Now I really wish a. I had not upgraded or b. Got them to fit it....