How to copy the Bootloader to a flashcard for backup.

Guest Jassper23

u can just copy the winhex file to ur cf... and grifter is right, why would you want to copy the bootloader from sd to cf? if ever u can write the bootloader to cf, how can u download it to ur phone?

u can just copy the winhex file to ur cf... and grifter is right, why would you want to copy the bootloader from sd to cf? if ever u can write the bootloader to cf, how can u download it to ur phone?

actually, i have a similar question. instead of loading the backup to my sd card (in winhex), can i instead load it to a flash card (since i have no sd card reader), borrow my friend's i-paq and copy the contents of the flashcard (which is the bootloader) to my sd? also, when i load the backup to the flashcard, will it erase the contents of the card?

Guest Jassper23

wala lang para ma dala ko anywhere since palagi ko naman dala card reader ko para magamit ko as a backup since pweding ma damaged ang hard drive ko and wala na kong backup... how can i use winhex to save it on my pc nag search ako di ko makita baka wrong lang word gamit ko...anywhay naka bili na ko ng winhex only problem di ko alam gamitin para ma save and bootloader na .98 ko thanks

save mo sa cdrom, hard disk, diskette, zip disk, etc. ;)

pag nasira lahat nun sabay-sabay, aba eh, it wasn't meant to be! hehe....

here's a suggestion -- you can zip the bootloader and copy the file to your SAP's internal memory for safekeeping.

save mo sa cdrom, hard disk, diskette, zip disk, etc. :)

pag nasira lahat nun sabay-sabay, aba eh, it wasn't meant to be! hehe....

baka na expose sa Electromagnetic Pulse galing sa nuclear bomb, dapat cguro, istore nya na lang sa underground bunker na shielded with lead and kept in stasis with a magnetic field.

actually, i have a similar question. instead of loading the backup to my sd card (in winhex), can i instead load it to a flash card (since i have no sd card reader), borrow my friend's i-paq and copy the contents of the flashcard (which is the bootloader) to my sd? also, when i load the backup to the flashcard, will it erase the contents of the card?

to be able to use the bootloader on your sd, it should be written on a specific location (sector 0). to do this, you need a disk/hex editor program (e.g. winhex). im not not sure if its available in pocket pc.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Saving your Bootloader to SD is a very simple process.

Go to www.monolithix.org and Download USBTerm

When your phone is connected to the PC and in Canary mode

USBTerm can copy the Bootloader and IPSM etc.

Also if anyone wants to SIM unlock downgrading the Bootloader only is a safer option.

For more information have a look in the

F.A.Q Section

Click on >> USBTerm

Guest Jassper23

to be able to use the bootloader on your sd, it should be written on a specific location (sector 0). to do this, you need a disk/hex editor program (e.g. winhex). im not not sure if its available in pocket pc.

Thanks po bili nalang ako ng backup device para doon ko nalang backup kasi naman CF lang avalable kong backup today....btw na try kong copy and bootloader naka save sa 32 mb na sd card ng sister ko nung save ko as winhex file 29 mb file size bakit sobrang laki ng file and when i try to restore the file only get...invalid file user.txt message