Start a Petition to get Flash Player for Smartphone 2003 ??

Guest urdone311

I also think someone should start a petition to get MS Word and Excell developed for the smartphone. Or if not by Microsoft, at least someone make a program that is compatible with microsoft and can edit xls and doc files.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ultimasnake

The problem we have with a flash player is that there is a flash plugin for C# and all .. but you cant insert it into smartphone projects.... gooo tooo heeeeellllllllllllll macromedia :lol:...

anyway they should just badword release it..... its a matter of porting it.. the ppc version would be easily ported (especially the one for windows mobile 2003 :S)

Guest urdone311

Ok, i made this thread a while ago, now i'm going to make an actual petition and have it sent to Macromedia.

I need help, so can someone do a small, official sounding write-up, as far as whats to be asked from Macromedia? I really don't know anything about programming so I would just sound like an idiot.

Guest ultimasnake

You should just ask for an Flash player for the smartphone.... if we can't use it in a programming language that will be less of a anoyance then not able to play at all

Dear macromedia

Recently there have been many discussions on the flashplayer on the smartphone which doesn't seem to be comming at all. As you might have read phones that come with the Smartphone 2002 and Windows mobile 2003 operating systems are selling quite well. This is a whole new market and the request for a flash player on the phone is big , and we can't understand why you are not interested in either making a new version for those phones or simply porting the flash player on pocket pc (which is based on the same OS).

Hereby we give you a petition with people who would like to see an flash player be released for the smartphone.

With this we hope to let you know their is real potential in making an player for this platform

[petition stuff here]

With best regards

www.modaco.com , http://www.smart-resource.tk , ???(other sites which want this too here?)

i added my site since we also fully support an petition :lol: also i asked visitors to my site to post on a same topic and i will send an petition too.. :D

As much as I love Flash and want to see it supported by Macromedia on our devices, I don't think it is gonna happen until MS build in ActiveX controls on our PIE version.

Macromedia's view is probably along the lines of "If MS don't build in what makes our player work then why should we develop a whole new process"

Hopefully the petitions will get something kickstarted though, fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest JimBee

Hi, new here but I am a flash developer and an SPV user so I would love to see a Flash Player for this phone. I have set up an online petition if you can spread the word to people - I have some banners and buttons to put on websites if you'd like them just email me: [email protected]

Please sign the petition: http://www.gamerzcity.co.uk/

If you can translate the page into other languages aswell I will be glad to add other languages and credit you with the thanks for doing it.

Thanks in advance people!

Guest Aldriana

that would be awesome ! i'm sure you guys could find a way to do a plugin for flash-homescreen after that, imagine animations on the homeskins, that would just ROCK !

• 2 months later...
Guest pwest13

Just a thoguht but theres alot of you guys who seem to know what your doing flash developers etc..

Is it not possible for you guy 2 co-operate and make a Flash Plaeyer yourselves?

Or is this naughty and PC Plod will a come knockin?

Im a newb concerning flash and general knowledge, so sorry if this is farfetched.

Westy

Aldriana is right. if you guys make a plugin than I'll make some skins aswell.

I love flash. I did my website in it. and the one before that. and one before that. can't get enough of it.

just can't wait for a special smartphone app for it.

and let's hope that Macromedia doesn't wanna make a quick buck and make it imossible to make these files with you regular Flash MX.

Pigo

Guest midnight

macromedia does wanna make money on it, thats the point. We already contacted Macromedia about allowing us to develop/use Flash so we can use it for front ends to our games, basically, there is no way we can afford it (its a serious amount of money), so, unlkess macromedia themselves make it, i cant see it happening.

damn I'm really sorry to hear that.

wish there was another way we could let something play SWF's and not let macromedia interfer.

hmm I wonder if the amount could be somehow raised by the modaco members. what's their price?

Pigo

Guest midnight

more than that from what i remember, cant find the mail now but i 'think' it was more along the lines of 20-50 grand depending on what you wanted to do with it. Which is just insane to say the least. But, you are purchasing the Flash Development SDK, which means you can make it for any platform and that is why the cost is so high.

Guest mmystery

Well..... the conclusion is, that we have to wait with our finger crossed.... :shock:

And hope that soon we will have Flash enabled phones! :)

Looking forward! :-)

mmystery

• 3 weeks later...