Echo Voice Recorder Released by Pocco Software

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

Pocco Software have today released "Echo Voice Recorder" (originally mentioned by Brody/MS Mobiles as Ella Voice Recorder)

It is available to try/buy here

The sales pitch:-

Let our proven Windows Mobile audio technology shine within the Microsoft Smartphone environment. Chances are that you must go to this all important meeting without your laptop and without your Pocket PC device. Not to worry if you still have your Microsoft Smartphone with you... 

Echo (code name Ella) has all the standard features expected from dedicated dictation device for only a fraction of the price. Just having a regular cell-phone with sophisticated recording device makes your purchase worthwhile.

But there is more...Imagine you have a fully programmable phone answering machine. You are no longer limited by the answering services offered by your mobile operator if, in fact, there are any. You can combine the two solutions to address your specific needs. For example, with Echo you can configure personalized routing of your callers to various pre-recorded messages or to you directly.

You can even route your boss to "If You Got the Money, Honey, I Got the Time" by Hank Williams. You'd be surprised how effective this can be...

Key features:-

supreme design quality 

industry standard wave audio file format 

standard GSM 6.10 speech compression 

PCM Modulations: PCM 8Khz 8 bit, PCM 8Khz 16 bit, PCM 11Khz 8 bit, PCM 11Khz 16 bit, PCM 22KkHz 16 Bit, mono or stereo for build in Microphone source 

SD card support 

support for fast storage cards 

real time signal strength indication 

excellent technical support 

lifetime upgrade plan 

corrupt audio file auto detection 

Audio Folder Management 

The link on Pocco's site goes to Handango, and calls it "Yoho Voice Recorder" at $15.49.

But here on Handango, it's "Echo Voice Recorder" at $25.99 :?:

Guest john newhouse

i was interested in this aswell and i also could not get the 'try it' link to work. the page does state however that the BETA version is not available for download at this time. i did send them an e-mail to find out when it would be available, as this would be very usefull for me aswell. ;)

Guest Simon Desser
i was interested in this aswell and i also could not get the 'try it' link to work. the page does state however that the BETA version is not available for download at this time. i did send them an e-mail to find out when it would be available, as this would be very usefull for me aswell.  ;)

It's a bit weird :? If you try to buy from Pocco's site it sends you to Handango, but calls it Yoho Voice Recorder, but it does let you "add it to cart", I don't know if it's the same thing or not, 'cos it's quite a lot cheaper :?:

sorry. am finding it a bit hard to understand what this does.

1: it can record voice memos directly to a SD card

2: make a new answer phone message :? :?: :roll:

3:??

anyone else understand this?

Plus, it doesn't even show up when I search Handango with any of the words: Pocco, Echo, Voice, Recorder?

I don't really even understand how to search and be able to view all smartphone software on Handango??

Guest Simon Desser
sorry. am finding it a bit hard to understand what this does. 

1: it can record voice memos directly to a SD card

2: make a new answer phone message  :?  :?:  :roll: 

3:??

anyone else understand this?

From what I can gather, it CAN record directly to SD cards (useful for not filling up the phone)

It has various PCM wav settings, and can use GSM 6.10 compression (useful for very long recordings - they reckon typically 20 hours)

It has a real time signal meter, so you can see how loud or quiet your recording is, and move the phone nearer or further away from the source.

The answer phone function, I assume means that, you can go in a meeting, turn on the answer machine with your recorded message, put your phone on vibrate, if your phone rings, you can answer it if important, or let the answer phone kick in.

The advantage of this is that your phone is not off/out of range like the network's answer machine, and there's no cost to retrieve your messages. I had an old Sony Z5 a few years ago with this feature, and it's really quite useful ;)

I managed to download the "Echo" version off Handango. Neat little program and certainly useful for making long recordings (eg: meetings / classes / etc). But heck if I can't find this phone answering feature. Sounds really cool but the version I have installed looks to be a voice recorder only (tho a cool one at that). Am I missing something?

BTW: Their site appears to be down at the moment - haven't been able to get in to see the other (cheaper?) version to compare...

Yoho Voice Recorder is on handango, the only problem is that it is for PocketPC not Smartphone. Which is a bit of a problem because if you click on the link to buy Echo voice recorder software on Poccosoftware's web site it links you to Yoho on handango.

Guest Simon Desser

Yeah, I can't find the answer phone function, the rest of it seems quite cool though. I like being able to set the bit rates, and also saving the files to SD card. But it's a bit expensive without the answer machine function - maybe it's included in the full version?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Yeah, I can't find the answer phone function - maybe it's included in the full version?

Maybe it's part of the beta download which according to their site isn't available yet? ;-)

I believe that's a restriction of the trial version.

yeah, i know but it said it would work for fifteen minutes, and as soon as i started it 'Echo Trial Left: 00 min'!

:? :roll:

Guest chucky.egg

I cant get to the trial app, and the Handango link says "currently unavailable, buy something else" (maybe they're out of stock ;) )

Has anybody found the Answerphone thingy yet? That's the bit I want, and if it aint there I wont bother!

Has anybody found the Answerphone thingy yet?  That's the bit I want, and if it aint there I wont bother!

So far as I can see it doesn't exist. That and the other weird things on the page ("no downloads avail" but a link to a trial and the buy link pointing to a different piece of pocketpc software) make me think that perhaps the person who wrote that bit was on crack... or it's a future feature or something...

Did some playing with it and unfortunatly this software won't record both sides of a phone conversation which is something my very old motorola did and was very useful when (eg) someone is giving you directions and you're driving. It'll record your voice during a call (which is better than the built in recorder app) but not the other end. And you can't play back what you've recorded while in a call (another feature that could be useful).

I could see this proggy being useful in certain situations, but it's (IMO) not currently worth the $25 they want for it... Maybe for $9.99....

Guest vijay555

I've written to the firm:

I think this is a great app, and i actually considered buying it, but even with a Modaco Plus discount it adds up to £18. Too much! :cry:

The equivalent software for the PocketPC, with AVS and other lovely features is only $15. I question why they would charge more for less... it's a good program, and i want it, but i want to start a bit of noise first and ask Poco/Pocco to reduce the price, or at least line Paul's palm with silver so that us M+ users can get a discount...

As someone else said, you can get IAlbum for $19. That's an intensive and very well featured program. It's questionable whether Echo has more than $15 worth of features, yes/no?

V

wholeheartedly agree. i would buy this in a shot if it was at 15 bucks. but like you said, at 25 dollars, its too much. simply because there is no competition for it (yet) is no reason to charge over the odds.

also annoying that you cannot delete the trial from your phone! :?

Guest chucky.egg

Dont know if its already been said here or not, but Pocco have replied to an email I sent saying that the answerphone functions are planned for the Smartphone, but dont exist yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.