my modified sync cable...

Guest BrAGoL

to all...

here is the procedure i made... HTH ;)

for the picture reference, please click HERE...

from the exterior view, you can see that i've used a 4-pin SIL (single-in-line) male header and a jumper header... this is just to switch/short (for charging and synching) or to unswitch/unshort (for synching alone) the pins needed to charge the battery...

those pins are; from USB +5V (red wire) and the jack for the wall charger (brown wire)...

the red wire was soldered to pin #5 (assuming that you're counting from the leftmost corner) alongside the red wire that is connected to the USB's +5V pin... while the brown wire on pin #1 (also has red wire) which is connected to the jack...

i was actually considering on using a micro switch before... but did'nt have time to find any... as i was in a hurry to do it ASAP... it's too inconvenient to carry the wall charger almost everyday :wink:

i also could have soldered it directly... but gave some importance on what will happen to my battery when i'm only synching it...

HTH you... :D

I also made modification on my usb sync cable when i didnt have the retractable one yet... I made a small incision along the cable near the wall charger jack, stripped off the red wire and soldered an extended wire with a 2.5 plug on the other end. then i plug that in the wall charger plug if i want to charge thru usb.

Pictures are here.....