256MB SDCard(RiData) cant be seen by SAP after some time

Guest Baron

Really need some help with this.

I bought a 256MB SD Card (RiData) and worked pretty well with my SmartPhone. I placed as much apps as possible there to maintain as much storage memory in my phone. However, it annoys me so much whenever my phone can't see my SD Card after using the phone for some hours (since all apps and MP3 songs are not accessible). What I do is that I take the memory card out and put it back in, then all things are back again.

Right now, the only hunch I have is that this could happen when my battery is low.

Does this happen to your phones too? Is it my card, should I keep my battery atleast 2 bars up, or it's always the SD Card that has the problem.

i don't think this has something to do with the battery level.

did you try a different SD card on your phone?

try also to back up your SD contents onto your PC, then reformat the SD card. Copy back the data into the SD card.

Guest dinoalbert

its happens to me too when my battery gets low lalo na pag red na yung blink...hindi na gumagana mga ringtones ko sa SD nagrerevert na sa default. Siguro hindi na kaya ng power ng phone na magbasa sa SD card...didnt try to the tanggal-balik solution...nagcha-charge na lang ako kse baka lalo pang ma-drain ang batt ko pag pinilit ko pa gamitin yung ringtones sa SD

Galing galing. Dami agad ng replies samantalang pinost ko lang itong problem ko 3 hours ago.

Atleast, di na ko nanghihinayang sa pagkakabili ko ng SD Card ko. Mahal pa naman, 5T.

This topic could also be of help for others who still don't know such power saving feature of SAP unlike those regular pocket pcs (which has backup batteries). Sana, may backup batt din ang SAP para maiwasan ito, inconvenient for ringtones residing in SD Card.

Segway lang ako ng konti, may car charger ba ito or extended battery pack to solve the problem? saan kaya?

T.Y. sa mga replies nyo tsong! =)

Guest dinoalbert

Im using a car charger that connects to the Brando retractable cable..you can buy it at Games and Gadgets...the cable is about P500+ and the car charger is also about P500+

you can buy an extra battery for the SAP at their Wireless Center in Ayala...I forgot the price though

Speaking of 'backup' battery...  :roll:  Take a look at this...

That backup power is used by the phone to retain the contents of the memory (IPSM) once the main battery runs out. it doesn't last long, so if you didnt recharge for a certain period, your system will revert to its original state as if you did a hard reset.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
..so if you didnt recharge for a certain period, your system will revert to its original state as if you did a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset.

Naalala ko dati, nood ako movie clip via pockettv den bukas a couple of appz on the background. Mahina na battery ko nun, then my phone ran low of memry so nag off ako (soft reset) without 'killing' non system appz via SmartExplorer then gaya ng sinabi mo, revert nga cya sa original state as if nag hard reset ako. ganun pala yun. :idea:

thanks again for the enlightenment. ;)

@kap

no such thing as a 256mb MMC, it's an SD card.

@pzee,

this used to happen to my nokia 7110, when it ran out of battery and i kept trying to turn it back on, the data in the phone gets lost.

@*

if the SD card is disabled at low batt. that means the programs in the SD card that run in the background like Xbar and such would also quit, even gprs counter, right?

hmm...

I thought the purpose of the backup battery is just to give enough power to the internal memory so as not to lose the settings/data.

I don't think the backup battery can support the power consumption of the SAP when it's turned on. It's function is just the same as the rechargeable battery inside old PC motherboards to keep CMOS info intact when the PC is off.

Guest diamondsnake

@baron,

i'm using a 256mb sd ri-data storage card on my smartphone at totoo lahat sinabi nila, there is the tendency that we can encounter problems on the storage card's function on reading applications if the battery is low enough.

hmm...

I thought the purpose of the backup battery is just to give enough power to the internal memory so as not to lose the settings/data.

sorry for that shortened statement, but what i mean to say is, .....

At low power, the system disables the SD, therefore, preventing access to data and programs installed in the card. But programs already in cache will continue to run. Now, these programs will cause a rapid drain of the main power. With a drained main power, the backup power unit will no longer have a resource to charge itself and start using the little reserve power it has to power the memory...

In effect, those running programs caused the backup power to drain.. :D

(lusot ba? hehehe ;) )