Sudden drop in battery life?

Guest Stuart P

Guest Stuart P

Switched on this morning (original SPV with UK ROM update), and saw two bars on the battery icon. Should have been enough to see me through the day, for occasional email checking. Took the phone out of my pocket at lunchtime, and it was dead! Coupled up to the adapter when I got home, and sp task manager confirmed a flat battery.

Question is - anyone else experienced a sudden deterioration in their battery life? or is the iconbar battery meter an unreliable guide?

Any comments appreciated.

Stu.

Guest vadonald

My battery started to not last long, it usually charges in the car kit during my 1hour + commute morning and night.

So what I did was let it go completely flat and then charged it using the proper charger (I left the phone off since this was done overnight) and now its back to its usual self - i.e it will last through the weekend from Friday to Monday without going below 2 bars.

Maybe the battery needs a full charge / discharge once in a while.

Vince

Guest awarner [MVP]
Maybe the battery needs a full charge / discharge once in a while.

Don't be tempted to fully discharge the battery, Li-ion batteries do not like it. If you let it get too low you can damage the battery.

Guest adamkimber

What does everyone else tend to get from their batterys?

I ask because I have only just bought my SPV and the battery is not even lasting a day!

Adam

Guest G_sleigh

i have:

1 orange SPV

1 orange SPV E100

both have serious problem in battery life... they both have to be charged twice a day.

go figure? crap batteries?