Help: New SPVs from Smart has v1.09 bootloader

Guest wolfman

I went through the Smart Website and saw the new ROM upgrade. It says that iimproves battery life by about 25%( okay yun ha). I will try it because medyo hindi maganda ang battery life of the last ROM. It also stated Action Engine features. Have somebody tried this? Please share naman what is this Action Engine

I got the latest Rom version (Just got my SPV 3 days ago) and the battery after a full charge, only lasted 28 hours. But the Smart website says 3 days standby time, well with usage I expect more like 48 hours and not 28 hours.So I guess having the latest rom version didn't improve much on battery life.

Guest ppcsurfr
I went through the Smart Website and saw the new ROM upgrade. It says that iimproves battery life by about 25%( okay yun ha). I will try it because medyo hindi maganda ang battery life of the last ROM. It also stated Action Engine features. Have somebody tried this? Please share naman what is this Action Engine

The battery improvement is more evident if you are upgrading your smartphone from 1.5.0.28 otherwise, battery life is just similar to 1.3.7.8 performance.

As for Action Engine, this is a browserless browser... :-)

It allows you to connect to a server and access the available menus and download new stuff like ringtones, etc.

For 1.6, they renamed the components to SMART... So instead of ActionBackup, you have SmartBackup, SMART etc...

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Guest mar9118

Hello ALL,

As I am receiving tons of PMs asking for the procedure, I would appreciate if some of the members who have succeessfully followed my procedure could help out, I am also cautious about the information getting into wrong hands, Pzee, Eleventh, and others who are great in programming, please help naman....I suggest holding an EB for this but since I am leaving for my new job abroad next week, I have many things to do and may not be able to help.

cheers,

@virgil,

kala ko OK sayo yang new Rom? Gusto mo na rin tanggalin?

Ok namn sya--test ko lang powers ko on the Qtek/Imate recommendation mo...hehehe...

Ciao.

Guest kintsay

Thanks mar for your response. Would expect nga that there will be loads of people (including yours truly) asking for the details. Hope our other reliable forum brothers can help out in disseminating this... cautiously! :-k

Anyway, the EB is the best forum sana for teaching this breakthrough, at least, us newbies can do it right on the first time.... lessening the risk of converting our units into paperweights! [-X

Kelan na ba yan.... :)/ :(/ :D/ :lol:/ :lol:/ :lol:/ :D/ :D/ :D/

Guest spv_dman
Right, im willing to help, just cant get my hands to the full version of Winhex. anyone who has the full version--pls share.thanks.

Bawal yata dito yan, baka mapulis ka hehe :)

Guest red_rolla

eek! :shock: pano naman kaming nasa davao :) may EB unlocking session din ba for us here? i'd also like to sim unlock my SAP which is still ROM 1.6.0.7 w/ bootloader 1.09

PM'ed mar9118 already... still awating his reply. PZee, eleventh.. can you PM me the instructions? i'll keep it hush-hush. mukhang bz pa si mar9118 w/ his preparations :(

I don't want to give that tech guy sa phone shop dito na pinag-tanongan ko the satisfaction (me parting with my hard earned P1,500.00)

Thanks in advance.

Guest mlkanapi

@ all,

Considering the different concerns regarding who to let in on the unlocking procedure, we should think about our position as a group very carefully.

While we do not want the procedure to fall into the wrong hands (e.g. people who will gain monetary profit ), we also should be willing to spread the word and encourage this form of healthy experimenting and working together to solve some common problems.

There are other victims of this 1.6 ROM from other places that are asking for help like a fellow from Portugal who made the mistake of updating to this latest ROM.

I agree that an EB of some sort will benefit those who can make it to the meeting but what about those from far away?

There are members of this forum who are more than willing to put the procedure in the ' How to..." repository but in the end a word of wisdom to all those who want to try this.. You do so at your own risk! :)

The good thing though is that there are a lot of good guys here who are willing to lend a helping hand

Guest spv_dman

@red_rolla

Punta ka na lang ng eb nila, for sure masaya yun. Dagdagan mo na lang yung 1,500 mo na pambayad sa tech guy na yun :)

Grabe negosyo nila, imagine 1,500 just to unlock a phone! That's already equivalent to the price of a low-end phone! Kaya mas mabuti pang maging quiet talaga tayo dito sa ating mga nalalaman. Bah pinaghirapan yan ni mar, and he didn't and won't charge a penny for sharing that knowledge with others tapos pakikinabangan ng iba para pang-business. :evil:

Personally, I'm against unlocking the sap, I hope you understand since I'm from smart. But I'm for using other ROMS, kasi mas ok naman yung iba like qtek, imate and eurotel. Nabad-trip kasi ako nung upgrade to smart 1.5, nagcrash yung phone ko.

For sure smart will be smarter the next time around. Probably they won't post the rom upgrade software in our website the next time around. But I do hope they make a better ROM. :(

Guest mar9118

@ALL,

I would like to reiterate that this procedure is not for everyone, it entails modification of ROM image which will damage your phone if not properly done, a revised ROM image that can be downloaded would be the best approach but would easily fall into wrong hands, I have endorsed the procedure to experienced people in MoDaCo and let them decide on who to give the info to and what to do with it.

cheers,

@doc kanapi,

i received your SMS and i did the procedure of Mar9118 1 1/2 weeks ago. i missed a few steps and it resulted in a paper weight. since then, i've experimented with the service unit that the smart wireless center gave. i upgraded the 1.5 rom to 1.6 and successfully downgraded it back to qtek. i've since upgraded it back to 1.6 just to really try out this ROM till i get back my SAP.

@*

i understand why Mar is hesitant in making the procedure public. first it's not secure and quite technical, one mistake and your phone dies and i really don't like the idea of unscrupulous people using this method for material gain.

@Mar

now you know how i felt when i recieved PM's last week regarding the procedure. hope you read my PM back to you...

Guest quark_ed

i am one of the few person's who recieved mar's instructions. iam very grateful to mar as iam from cebu and can not attend any eyeball sessions u guys are gonna be having. and d2 rin sa cebu iv'e heard of people who unlocks sap's and asks for fees. i really would like to share the knowledge on how mar unlocked the 1.6 rom but there is always the problem of giving the information to the wrong people. sana we should be more cautious than sharing it to guys who makes profit wid mar's unselfish efforts. thanks again mar, good luck sa abroad and sana u will not leave modaco eventhough ur leaving the phils na... bon voyage

Guest red_rolla
@red_rolla

Punta ka na lang ng eb nila, for sure masaya yun. Dagdagan mo na lang yung 1,500 mo na pambayad sa tech guy na yun  

Grabe negosyo nila, imagine 1,500 just to unlock a phone! That's already equivalent to the price of a low-end phone! Kaya mas mabuti pang maging quiet talaga tayo dito sa ating mga nalalaman. Bah pinaghirapan yan ni mar, and he didn't and won't charge a penny for sharing that knowledge with others tapos pakikinabangan ng iba para pang-business. :evil:

Personally, I'm against unlocking the sap, I hope you understand since I'm from smart. But I'm for using other ROMS, kasi mas ok naman yung iba like qtek, imate and eurotel. Nabad-trip kasi ako nung upgrade to smart 1.5, nagcrash yung phone ko.  

For sure smart will be smarter the next time around. Probably they won't post the rom upgrade software in our website the next time around. But I do hope they make a better ROM.  :(

@spv_dman

ahhahaa. :) one shop even said it'll take a couple of day bago nila matapos dahil mahirap na mahirap daw talaga kaya daw ganun yung price na hinihingi nila.

I'd like to try the other better ROMS also, specially one that address the power management issue ng SAPs natin... nasa wishlist ko yan. can you recommend a specific one as per your experience?

Oo. as one of the other member posted here.. sana when may bagong official release ng Smart ROM .. yung may considerable improvement over the previous versions as the term "upgrade" connotes :D

Thanks mar9118 for trusting me with the steps =) Mlkanapi and Craigd gave me directions to this, thanks!!!. Though steps could easily be followed, mahirap talagang magkamali. I strongly suggest that unlocking should be done sa EB. Sana after work, makati man or ortigas, no problem =)

Guest sonborj

@mar

so, do you want the sim pack prize? hehehe...

@all

I agree with the mates, sa EB na lang ang sharing ng unlocking procedure para pang-attract na rin ng members...

Guest SmartGuy

@*

Thanks for the information of knowing that the 1.6 upgrade is still not permanent. However, from what you are all saying... 'One wrong move and the phone is dead'. My problem is...you guys are probably in a plan so me and probably more of us are in the 'prepaid'. Does the phone being dead covered by Smart or Brightpoint's 'Warranty'? Thanks for the reply.

Guess it would be best to have you guys unlock it through the EB right?

~ciao