"Mystery" MS Smartphone revealed 8th October?

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

Thanks to "Smartphonethoughts" for this story. According to infoworld.com a mystery smartphone is being released next week?

The Smartphone, which is being produced by "a company with considerable experience of the wireless space," will offer "some radical innovations," according to an e-mail invitation sent by a public relations company for the unnamed mobile handset manufacturer.  

"We can't reveal the company because of non-disclosure agreements, but I can say that it will be a global launch and that the manufacturer has a range of Smartphones on the way," said Lewis Webb of the U.K. public relations company AxiCom.  

Microsoft representatives declined to comment on the Smartphone prior to its launch.

The product being launched on Wednesday will follow the launch last month of the Motorola MPx200, a clam-shell format cell phone manufactured by Motorola Inc. and based on Microsoft's Windows Mobile 2003 Smartphone software. The MPx200 is being distributed by mobile network operator Orange SA on its U.K. network while AT&T Corp. will offer it in the U.S. in the fourth quarter.

I don't know what to make of this :?

Guest Crispy
"]This could be the SPV2 of course...

'Radical innovations' like SP with BlueTooth? Integrated camera? 2003?

Sounds about right! ... or could it be a totally new one that nobody haven't even heard about? :? .... naaaaaaww .... ;)

Guest Simon Desser

There's lots of speculation on the net about who the manufacturer might be. After a bit of reading, one name seems to be cropping up more than the rest:-

Sony Ericsson :?:

And to add fuel to the rumours, msmobiles have found this link which once again throws Sony Ericsson's name into equation :?:

I find it very hard to believe, but how cool would that be? 8)

Guest gspacedboy

Knowing what Sony are like(fingers in every pie), they seem more than likely to be the heavyweight contenders for this battle...

And considering what they are capable of, I can't wait to see what they might do!

Smartphone with built in wi-fi/bluetooth/zoom digicam... "I'm lovin' it"

Guest glynton

Well, if the reporters cant disclose the details, and MICROSOFT cant disclose the details, then why the hell would Expansys be aloud? Surely non-disclosure means secret. i.e. no-one knowing.

If this is a totally un-heard of phone then I take my hat off to whoever marketed it... rubbing his/her hands as they peruse over the posts of us trying to fathom out specs for the known-about phones. Whilst we're all arguing over specs, this company has probably stuck everything we want into a phone... well, that's what I'd do anyway. :wink:

Guest Maverick

Paul... Maybe you can arrange for a competition on this subject. The people who guess the company name rite can enter into a draw to win "something" substanial ;-) (like for example ..the phone itself when its launched ..heh heh).

BTW.. My guess is Sony Erriccson :-P .

Guest Dean B

This may be a different story, but I know that Italian handset manufacturer Telit has a rebadged version of the Mitac phone - I saw it nestling quietly at the back of a display case in the Microsoft area at last week's SMAU trade show in Milan.

It's not on their website (www.telit.net) or been officially released I think , but I have a couple of photos of it with a clear Telit logo.

Dean Bubley

Founder

Disruptive Analysis

www.disruptive-analysis.com

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.