E200 Specifications

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

According to Smartphony, the E200 specs are as follows:-

E200:

Similar design to E100 with  red-orange keys

New joystick, less prominent that the e100 and more precise

Same processor as the SPV and E100 -  Ti omap 710 running at 132mhz max

Integrated VGA camera  with ia album in ROM (taken of vidéos until A 7min (of 7 min into 7 min) videos recorded in avi in 160*128 and 320*240 with its PCM. reading of video in mpeg4)

New Windows media player series 9

Integrated bluetooth supporting the audio, port series, push object and obex.

Battery 1000mah Li-ion polymer

IA caller id in ROM (photocall)

Exit my images and my sounds

Windows mobile 2003 for smartphone  

New bootloader with the "current" name of smartphone with canarie a derriere.

New management of the contacts ameliorée

32 Mo rom and 32 Mo RAM are 20 Mo user

New transflective screen tft 65k colour

Red diode orange green for state reseau/battery + blue for bluetooth activated.

new base of synchro but same catch and same charchor

same helmet

IRDA port

SD, MMC, SDIO  

and below the camera a mirror for the self-portraits

(I've translated it as best I could, but I've left one or two strange words in :oops: )

A couple of intesting points are IA Album And Caller ID, built in to the ROM, and they're saying it has the same processor as the E100/SPV :?:

They're also quoting a release date of 13th November (presumeably in France)

Guest spacecowboy6982

Cool Smartphone have a very brief spec. which partly backs up everything that Simon just said. The E-200 is such a kick ass phone !!! I've already asked about pre-ordering. I was just asked to leave my name and number as there was, not yet, a waiting list :shock: !!

SpaceCowboy

According to Smartphony, the E200 specs are as follows:-

Guest Simon Desser

There is "doubt" about this processor being able to run any higher than 132Mhz?

One can read on Modaco.com that the frequency of the processor equipping the SPV e200 (in the past SPV2) would be of 206MHz! Nevertheless, one can put questions concerning this information bus about the site of the founder to knowing Texas Instruments one can read clearly there that TI OMAP 710 does not exceed the 132Mhz.

Extracts of the page:

TI925T ARM9TDMI Core

Up to 132 MHz (maximum frequency)  

Voltage: 1.9v nominal  

16KB I-mask; 8KB D-mask  

192-KB of shared internal SRAM - frame buffer  

Support for 32-bit and 16-bit (Thumb mode) instruction sets  

And program MMUs dated  

Two 64-entry translation look-aside buffers (TLBs) for MMUs  

17-Word Write buffer

Guest neuronisis

Shame if it has the 132mhz processor, i was looking forward to something a little faster which might expand the capabilities of the new SPV. :cry:

Guest pisquee

The spec of the SPV2 has been argued over since e found out it was coming out. The main argument has been over the processor type and speed. Different sources are giving us diferent information, and as far as I can see no one source sems anymore credible than the others, so we will just have to wait and see til the baby comes out, or we get some kind of official spec, FCC details?

Guest spacecowboy6982

Im just wondering what price this stunners gonna come in at?! Im def. going to get one, but if it costs more than £200 to upgrade, then Orange can wait for my custom. Just look at the original price of the SPV and what it dropped to just before summer :shock: !! Spec. wise, i hope its faster in every sense of the word, and that there arent ANY faults (its a tough one!!) but I just hope they're not rushing this one out to please the masses !!!

SpaceCowboy

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

To be honest even if the processor is only 132mhz i would still buy one for the bluetooth and full SDIO support...wifi syncing and GPS SDIO cards would rock...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

2k3 supposedy has better support. tbh i'm not entirely sure on the whole driver situation, and was under the impression 2k2 was missing SDIO drivers (for the port, not the extra hardware), whereas 2k3 does...

I was speaking to an Orange representative today in chester and he told me that the e-200 would not come out till the end of november and would have the same processor as the e-100. I got the feeling that they think 2k3 alone improves the general speed of the phone and that a quicker processor wasnt needed...

Guest pisquee

Argh - end of november :-(

My SPV is dodgy, I don't have Orange Care (thought I did, but that's another story) and I don't have time to send it back for warranty repair for a few months. Was hoping for an October release. Guess I'll just struggle on with my dodgy SPV.

Guest awarner [MVP]
I was speaking to an Orange representative today in chester and he told me that the e-200 would not come out till the end of november and would have the same processor as the e-100. I got the feeling that they think 2k3 alone improves the general speed of the phone and that a quicker processor wasnt needed...

And you believe them :shock:

Same processor :-k don't think so [-X

Guest pisquee

Although, we in the UK have the chance to get phones heavily subsidized by the networks when we buy on a contract, does not mean that everyone worlwide does (in many countries it is illegal for the networks to do this.) The effect that this has on the UK public is they percieve the value of a phone to be a lot less than it actually is. So to us, who are used to being able to get even top spec phones for free, they are actually worth a lot of money - the dev kits aren't subsidised, and they £300, and when they came out the harware wasn't new. have a look around at offline high spec phones and (and palm/pocket pc type devises) and you will see that this price is not a joke. An MS Smartphone is a computer, in a small form factor ... computers are not cheap, and they get more expensive the smaller you make them.

Guest deepak

space cowboy....cool one...means this one is already there for sale....has anyone got to it yet..as they are already talking of shipping it...somewhere on this forum i saw the shipping date to be 15th...if this processors even does the basics right bluetooth is a booon....i am waiting for a good review....and scarewd to dump MIO