1.6 Update when?

Guest theodotcom

its only a phone and its only an update....

get a life!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Says the boy in the pub playing with his mobile phone!!?? :shock:

Get a sense of humour!! :wink:

Guest spacecowboy6982

Ive got my E-200 and was going to give my SPV to some guy in my local cos its pretty screwed up. But Ive decided t oexperiment instead. Heres my idea. You guys tell me the most likely foreign update that wont totally screw up our SPV's and I'll install in on mine and see how we go ?

spacecowboy

Guest spacecowboy6982

Ok - just tried it twice and I get the following error both times :

Error 117 : Invalid Model ID

Your smartphone must be a SmartPhone and beyond. Please check manufactuers website... etc etc.

spacecowboy

Guest lgingell

spacecowboy,

i think you need to get the phone in bootloader mode to get around that error...HOWEVER i read on a thread that the SMART updates in the past lock the phone to their network only!

I've seen that some people have been using the imate update, perhaps you could do that?

..lance

(with an SPV waiting for 1.6 impatiently)

I have been an i-Mate fan for god knows how long. I began using it after the Eurosmell and Q-Techy caused t-9 problems etc.

I can fully recoment it as it does exactly what is says on the bottle....

nixy

Oh...and the battery life is not too bad either nor is the IA software.

Guest spacecowboy6982
I have been an i-Mate fan for god knows how long. I began using it after the Eurosmell and Q-Techy caused t-9 problems etc.

I can fully recoment it as it does exactly what is says on the bottle....

nixy

Oh...and the battery life is not too bad either nor is the IA software.

Did you manage to configure your GPRS settings etc after the install ? Its not like you had to phone Orange after for "help" :lol: ?

spacecowboy

Did you manage to configure your http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4861>GPRS settings etc after the install ? Its not like you had to phone Orange after for "help" :lol: ?

spacecowboy

I take it you are attempting to take the p....???

....if you are being serious the answer is no. I have all the settings for most of the worlds cellular operators on file. I have everything backed up and just resink the erased and newly rom updated spv via i-sync (international edition)....and just tell it to "setup: orange UK.......thats it basically. The app does the lot.

Its a french application I was sent that backs up the complete phone if neccessary as well as reinstall more or less whatever as well as a few other tricks.

nixy

;)

Guest dbcohen

Mr Orange has been very quiet about this so far.

Can we get a comment, based on his inside knowledge?

I for one am a little tired of reading this forum day by day, and neither Mr Orange or Paul seem able to provide us with some concrete info.

I am not trying to flame the guys, I just thought that was the level of inside gen that was available to Modaco users.

Guest morpheus2702

Mr O has been pretty active today in answering some of the questions posed this week - but I agree, a lot of the responses we get are very selective.

Even if it is simply to say 'we don't know' or 'there is no firm information yet', I for one would certainly appreciate it.

There's no shame in saying 'I don't know'.

"1.6 Update when?"

YES , When ????????????????????????? midle november , but 2003, 2004 ?? 20XX , 2XXX ??????

Orange  ??? Wake up  ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !  :evil:

UP ! :evil:

Guest Mr Orange
Mr O has been pretty active today in answering some of the questions posed this week - but I agree, a lot of the responses we get are very selective.  

Even if it is simply to say 'we don't know' or 'there is no firm information yet', I for one would certainly appreciate it.  

There's no shame in saying 'I don't know'.

I do know it's just that I hate being wrong, as I have said before I am off to Taiwan via Tokyo tomorrow morning. The purpose of the trip is to go over the 1.6 launch plan review launch of e200 etc and look at next years products.

If any of you are in Heathrow terminal 4 tomorrow say Hi and I may even upgrade your phone with the internal test version that the moderators are using.

Best I can do for now I'm afraid.

just been searching armadillo and found a copy of 1.6 probably fake but worth a look i suppose let you know when it finishes downloading :twisted:

Not fake :wink:

Guest martinwcooper
Is't armadillo P2P ? I'd watch out you guys dont get busted for discussing it. Its a MoDaCo no-no

Fine as a general rule, but given that he's legitimately purchased the original software then I think it's fair enough to download a bug fix for it! :lol:

Guest martinwcooper
Does he not mean a dodgy 1.6 update  

Hardly a bug fix...

Probably - I'm not saying it's wise to try - but I think it's fair game if he wants to have go. Obviously you can hardly go whingeing to Orange though if you fry your phone with something you downloaded over P2P! :shock:

Guest dbcohen

Don't get excited, guys. I downloaded it and it is the leaked Dutch version.

I have decided that I am going to take up Eurofone and get an E200, instead of waiting to see if the update delivers the goods.

Of course, the cynical could suggest that the delayed update is a deliberate strategy to drive E200 upgrades at top whack...