Smartphone from LG?

Guest Gorskar

Guest Gorskar

According to Yahoo News, A smartphone has just been announced by LG electronics...

SEOUL, Oct 7 Asia Pulse - LG Electronics Inc. (KSE:66570), South Korea's second-largest handset maker, said today it had developed a high-end mobile phone, also known as a smartphone, equipped with a 1.1 mega pixel digital camera.

In a brief statement, LG Electronics said the phone, priced at some 800,000 won (US$694.40) would be available in stores by the end of this year.

The device has a total of 192 MB memory and uses Microsoft's operating system for handheld computers.

The launch of the high-resolution smartphone is aimed at competing with Samsung Electronics (KSE:05930), which introduced a similar model last July.

The sleek handset also offers a camcorder-like feature that allows users to record moving images for an hour, the company said.

This tasty titbit was spotted by forum member Sebset in This thread

The device is called a smartphone a number of times in the extract, but yet is said to "use Microsoft's Operating system for handheld computers" Hmmm... make your own minds up.

Guest nickcornaglia

Plus they said they are competing with the Samsung model and they make my current phone, the Samsung i700 PPCPE.

Does LG make GSM phones? The only phones by them that I see are CDMA.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.