Orange Smartphones Official Launch Press Conference

Guest Jakob

I´ve recieved an official invitation to a press conference being held at Orange DK at Friday.

Following is a translation of the official mail.

Orange presenting new Smartphones (!!!) and Orange World Portal.

Orange is now ready to present the latest Smartphones (!!!) and a number of mobile dataservices using the new Orange World Portal, which will be launched in DK in November.

So around 10.30 (DK-time) we will know which models are being launched..

/Jakob - and aI´m getting quite curious...

Conference over.

The E200 will be on sale the 17th of November - having an integrated camera sporting video in 352*288 & 176*144 and plain pictures using 640*480, 620*240 and 160*120.

According to the press conference the phone will be much faster (it is!!!) because of the 32mb ram and another type of ram - instead of using Estrada - the E200 (which IS the name) will be using Nand ram..

Also; becuase of the new type of ram, there will be NO update opportunity from Smartphone 2002 to 2003 - but Orange WILL release an update to Smartphone 2002 before the official launch date 171103.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Hey thats great news - thanks

EDIT: quick question about the camera - is it true you can only take 10 seconds worth of video - surely thats wrong!?!?

SpaceCowboy

Guest spacecowboy6982

That brilliant mate. I've heard almost everything about the E200 apart from the camera and thats my main reason for buying it.

What are the bets they dont let you hehe :)