SAP boots up and resets some settings! wtf?

Guest runab0ut

Guest runab0ut

my SAP like cleaned it up on boot.

ok here's the beef;

i was just using my SAP with 9% battery life, and i'm playin with some the usual clean up stuff, task manager, sms tools, changing homescreen.

then i fiddled with the theme manager to see my background on the fone and altered some themes for a custom color... removed my phone from the usb cable and walked around... it shuts off (really low bat na!)

came back in got the SAP connected with the cable and charger connected to the socket, then the red LED was on. so i pulled the charger from the socket and tried it again... red LED pa rin. so disconnected both cables and tried it on... yellow LED (charge! woohoo!)

tapos, i booted (heheh, parang PC!) the phone... i was greeted by a screen na "checkingblah blah blah" and then a few secs "checking IPSM folder" blah blah blah... and it loaded to its DEFAULT SETTINGS!!!!

ARGHH!! profiles wiped out... phone settings, sounds and other shortcuts are back in... into default. the but quickly scrolling around, my contacts are still there and sms messages.

wtf? happened with my SAP? anyone know?!?

also noticed my add/remove programs list are flushed (but the programs are still on the phone) and then my activesync recognized the phone as a new one (guest). (anyone could explain on how could i get my old activesync profile back? in use na daw yung name na gusto ko gamitin eh.)

shet....

guys, shed some light on this please? anyone of you experienced this?

thanks a bunch!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

sounds like you ran low on system resources. baka may mga naka bukas na programs sa background before ma drain battery mo. nangyari na din yan sakin, one bar batt meter, di ako nakapag quit ng non-system applications, na-drain batt then pag on ko ulit (naka kabit na sa charger) bumalik sa factory default gaya ng minention mo.

lesson: wag hayaang ma drain battery.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

re programs, dati nung kelangan pa ng registration nung pockettv classic, inulit ko cya. yung lextionary ko di na makapagbasa nung database, nawala nga lists dun sa Remove Programs pero andun pa rin mga shortcuts.

totoo yung warning na sinasabi nung phone pag low batt na. something like 'you will lose blah blah blah...'

it happened to me too when i returned my phone to smart because of the keypad. they got my phone but not the battery. and when i got my phone back, wala na yung settings and everything pero nandoon pa rin yung mga files and installed apps sa directories. nagalit pa nga ako sa BP dahil akala ko ginalaw nila yung registry. ](*,) ](*,)

Guest dinoalbert

This was discussed in the other threads about battery charging... nagha-hard reset talaga pag pinabayaan mong mag totally drain ang battery mo at matagal ka nag-charge ulit. It happened to my phone too (and to my PPC as well)...so dont worry, nothings wrong with your phone ;)

nagtampo lang yan kase pinabayaan mo hindi mo pinakain kaya namatay sa gutom :D

came back in got the SAP connected with the cable and charger connected to the socket, then the red LED was on. so i pulled the charger from the socket and tried it again... red LED pa rin. so disconnected both cables and tried it on... yellow LED (charge! woohoo!)

Hey! this happened to me early this week... i forgot to charge my phone the other night and found it off the next morning.. i plugged in the charge then the red light was on... that was the first time i saw that red light so i tried to turn it on but it doesnt turned on... i thought my phone was broken... :lol: .. i waited a few minutes more and saw the light turned yellow...whew... but the good is, when i turned it on, everything is normal... nothing was erased... ;)

i guess the difference with our experience is, i dont have any program running when my batt ran low.. :D

Guest runab0ut

with all the remove programs listing gone... i've reinstalld the apps that i'm using. (yung free mem mini-app ng task manager ayaw magwork) mebbe some of the registry settings are bonked. so its back up and runnin na.

wierd... natural lang ang phones mag-shut-off, pero baket naman sya magha-hard reset? tampo? eh ang ikli ng batt life ng 1.50 version ng SAP eh! microsoft naman talaga oh! ;)

it also happened to me, i think the last 2 or 3 weeks ago... i left my phone "ON" with 1 battery bar for overnight... and when i turn it on the following morning, same thins happens... i just resulted to a totally hard reset thingy... ;)