SMS in the Storage Card

Guest ses

ses,

ya,it affected my sms toolbox.non of my messages were covered by the inbox folder.can think of any reason why.its either i discard the sms toolbox or put the cemail.vol back to the ipsm.i just chose the latter.

Guest sonborj

@ses

i'd like to comment.. why would you need to store sms in the card? sms eats minimal storage... I'd rather put the media and apps files in the card more than the sms...

Guest spv_dman

To add to it, you might have a problem storing sms in sd/mm cards when your battery runs low. You see, the phone stops reading / writing to cards when it's in this state.

@ all

Thank you for the responses ;)

It seems that I cannot enjoy both worlds and will have to choose between the two :shock:

Thanks for the advises.

Should anyone found a runabout of my or our concern, your assistance is highly appreciated. Thanks. :idea:

@ses

i'd like to comment.. why would you need to store sms in the card? sms eats minimal storage... ...

not for me,dude.my cemail.vol sizes up to more or less 1mb.1mb for me is quite too big to be in the IPSM.if u'll notice,the cemail.vol and the mxip_initdb.vol are the biggest files in the IPSM.cant do anything right now with the mxip_initdb.vol but you have an alternative for the other.with a little drawbacks,though.

Hope that there would be an application which allows to select SMS from Inbox, Sent Items, or Deleted Items and Copy it to the Storage card, then from there pwede i-view. I hope this would be included in the future releases of SMS tools / ToolBox.

baket kelangan pang i import yung mga msg ng sim sa phone?? wla bang way na gagamitin yung memory ng sim pti phone ng nde iimport??baket kelangan pang i import yung mga msg ng sim sa phone?? wla bang way na gagamitin yung memory ng sim pti phone ng nde iimport??

ses,

the SMSManager.vol of sms toolbox is defaulted in the IPSM that's why it doesnt cover the messages in the cemail.vol since its in the sd card..there might be a way for the sms toolbox to cover the messages in the cemail.vol if the SMSManager.vol will be defaulted in the storage card.a tweak in the registry might do it.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

pwede rin gawa ng backup ng cemail.vol sa pc then pwede mo cyang i-load ulit sa storage ng phone then use palomaa's technique to read the contents. :wink:

or

pwede rin i-save yung mga sms messages as .txt file using the copy-paste x-bar plugin ni maxh2003. with this trick pwede mong mabasa as .txt yung mga na-save mo using orneta or pwede rin mabasa sa pc using ms notepad. matrabaho nga lang :wink:

@sojorn

do we have a new version of sms2mail? bagal process nito eh. Besides it can not capture the sender and date/time sent.

@pzee

if you saved it in .txt format, can you still capture the sender, date and time sent?

Guest sonborj
@sojorn

do we have a new version of sms2mail? bagal process nito eh. Besides it can not capture the sender and date/time sent.

no new version BUT it does capture the sender and date time sent ONLY FOR YOUR RECEIVED Messages. Make sure you contact names are 1 word or may underscore. pag may space hindi maconvert ng maayos. And mga sent messages youhave to copy paste from IPSM/MAPI then read it via Notepad.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tazh_fave

Guys, i tried to tweak my registry following palomaa's instruction...i encountered one problem...the caller id wont work at all...what i just did, i uninstall and reinstall smartface software and everything works fine now...

i have 5.7MB space now in my IPSM folder...b4 twas like 4MB only...

Guest spv_dman

@tazh

You might have a problem there. When your battery runs low the phone will stop reading / writing to the storage card. This might result in lost sms. :?

**Edit* Also, applications like sms toolbox won't work if sms are stored in the card. :evil:

Guest tazh_fave

Dudes, gumagana pa rin nmn ung sonneries tsaka SMS tools ko eh....

So far wala pa ako naeencounter na problem....

Pag meron balitaan ko kayo...

Salamat sa advise....