Agile Messenger

Guest MoRFLeZ

So many problems - but no-one seems to have had the same problem as I do!

I cannot even install the .exe from the desktop. I get an error from the desktop as the .exe is unpacking saying "unable to create remote file" or something like that.

Anyone else have the same prob?

M.

Guest Paul [MVP]

I have that.

Use WINRAR to extract the file, rename the .001 to Messenger.exe, and then just copy it to your device and create a shortcut.

Not ideal, but it works...

P

Managed to install it from the cab link you included earlier in the post. But its on the Orange UK network, so I cannot seem to connect to anything. I believe this is something to do with how Orange UK subnets the network.

Guest Pagemakers

Don't see how signing will improve anything. Why would you put a program forward for signing will all the expense, when the program still has several bugs aside from the connection problems. Odd.

Yeah, signing the app at this stage would be a mistake. If imov works then its definitely possible to get this one to work.

The Orange UK network does something funny when it dishes out IP address, I've had this problem on some IM systems in the P800. Hopefully if we can correctly explain what the network is doing to Agile they should be able to fix it.

Guest sabio_proeliat

Now it's working at least for me and I'm not using orange or any other service in UK. I'm using Telia in Sweden.

But the program and it's function isn't very good. It's all very minimalistic.

I want the M$ stuff back again :!:

Guest MoRFLeZ
Now it's working at least for me and I'm not using orange or any other service in UK. I'm using Telia in Sweden.

But the program and it's function isn't very good. It's all very minimalistic.  

I want the M$ stuff back again  :!:

Hmmm I actually think that the few features that are in Agile .. are a lot better than the built in MSN. I like the fact that it lists the people on top when they write to you, and show with an extra little icon.

I like the fact that you can have at least 3-4 chatwindows open at one time .. and easilly change between them.

There are a couple of things that I would like to see in a future release .. but I've already mentioned them.

Guest sabio_proeliat

Well the functions in the old MSN (don't know about the new one) isn't really good but I prefer MSN because of the interface.

It's more user friendly (maybe just me that's not very "thechical") :oops:

Guest nikjensie

Oh come on!!!! How come out of ten times trying to connect, it connects once or twice (usually in evenings) and the rest of the time it gets stuck trying to connect and no buttons will work to shut it down????? It's starting to make me mad! It worked fine before the updates and now this brilliant app is ruined!!

Nik

Guest Pagemakers

Just landed in Spain and it will not work here either.

Orange phone on the Movistar network.

So I guess its not the Orange firewall then!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest nikjensie

All that happens on the Vodafone network in Sweden is that I get an Error Message saying Unable to Create a Connection. What is that all about?

Nik

Guest Pagemakers

I'm back in the UK now but will be in Portugal tomorrow. I will try there. I am sure it was not a network problem. Email downloading and web browsing was possible without a problem. When Agile tried to connect it just closes and drops the line exactly as it does here in the UK.

Maybe it's something to do with the Orange software?

Seems unlikely, I've spoken to Agile and they've only had problems with the Orange UK network. I've tried the software on a terminal with no Orange software on it and get the same problems.

Guest Pagemakers

I have emailed agile 5 times and they can't be arsed to reply.

The software has been availe for Nokia for months, they must know if there is a problem with the Orange network.

This is very true. I've use Agile messenger on the P800 without any problems. I've managed to make contact with Agile, so I'll pass this information on.

It should be possible to get it to work!

Paul, off topic, but the Smartphone access rocks!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest nikjensie

So, selfish as I am... :)

What was done with the new version that prevents me from connecting at all?

Everything worked fine with the initial version.

Also, why do we get forced to upgrade? :(

Right now, on Vodafone Sweden, it starts to connect to the master server, either keeps doing that endlessly or it come to where I can see the scrollbar from my contacts-list but I get a Error message saying Unable to Create Connection.

What changed in the new version or what has happened to my phone to make all this happen?

BTW I love the app and can't wait to get it to work again!

Nik