Putting WMP skin back to default after installing skin???

Guest SpeedFreak

Guest SpeedFreak

Hey,

I am running the modaco version 2 skin on my SPV atm..

However the skin also skins windows media player.

I basically have 2 questions:

1) How can i replace the altered Modaco WMP skin with the default?

2) Can someone email me the original skin (i assume it was overwritten when i installed the modaco skin)?

Cheers

You can reset the media player skin by installing the cab attached... and to use a custom one you can do it by editing the registry. You need to edit this string here:

HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows Media Player 8Parameters

Under that there are two parameters you are interested in; SkinDir and Skinfile. Edit them to the following:

Skindir = IPSM

SkinFile = wmplayer.skn

Then place the files in IPSM and viola :)

media player reset.CAB

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeseriii!!!! thank you very much. I also uninstalled my reload2 and it took away my media player. thanks a lot guys! good to have people like you here!!! happy holidays!!!

• 3 months later...
Guest kubikong
yeseriii!!!! thank you very much. I also uninstalled my reload2 and it took away my media player. thanks a lot guys! good to have people like you here!!! happy holidays!!!

yeah!!! bumalik na rin sa wakas!!! salamat na marami!!! astig!!!

rock on!

Guest BrAGoL

@kubikong

i think you posted on a different thread other than the pinoy thread... so you should speak english in here...

no offense meant... peace!:)

Posted from PIE!

Guest phonesmarts

@BrAGoL

he did speak english..."rock on!"

anyway, this works like a treat...at least now i know that if i want to return to WMP default screen, i could just run this. thanks.

• 7 months later...
Guest SCIZZORS
You can reset the media player skin by installing the cab attached... and to use a custom one you can do it by editing the registry. You need to edit this string here:

HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows Media Player 8Parameters

Under that there are two parameters you are interested in; SkinDir and Skinfile. Edit them to the following:

Skindir = IPSM

SkinFile = wmplayer.skn

Then place the files in IPSM and viola ^_^

So then the media files such as the new bmp's and the new skn file go where on a wm 2003 device? in storage? dosent work for me.. how do i apply my skin?

If you've made your own skin then the images and skn files can go anywhere - you just need to point to them with the appropriate reg key. e.g. Create a directory StorageMy DocumentsMy WMP Skin put the files in there and then point the skindir key to that directory.

Note that the reg keys to control the WMP skin are different on SP2002, WM2003 and WM2003SE devices!

Guest SCIZZORS

blah, followed the instructions even restarted the phone above and still i see no skinning,

i know im missing somethig else..

what steps did everyone else other than obove to implement the skin for the media player?

Find attached the guide that i learned how to skin WMP from - can't remember who wrote it but i downloaded it from here and it's really useful.

This goes through all the steps of how to make a wWMP skin - bear in mind though that it was made for SP2002, so some things are now different.

WM2003 (i.e. E200s or updated MPX200s) have different Reg keys but other wise the same.

WM2003SE (i.e. Typhoons etc) use a slightly different skn file cus of the fullscreen video, and also use different reg keys.

All the reg keys that control media player are in HKLM,SOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Media Player so your best bet is to look at the default setup on your phone and work out whats going on and what you need to change.

Hope this helps you.

MEDIA PLAYER SKINNING.doc

ahhhhhhhhh cheers scott - taught me everything i know... great job - should really be in articles or something. Good luck on updating the guide - have you seen the stuff on MSDN about WMP 10 Mobile? Think most of it refers to PPC stuff but from the pics we've seen Album art and a new volume control will be in the Smartphone version. Perhaps you could ask someone with the Audiovox to post a skn file to try to include that in the guide?