Tarentino's Kill Bill

Guest amo

Has anyone seen this movie yet?

Went to see it yesterday on its first showing and Oh my god I was just amazed. This film is just about everything I could want in a movie. In my opinion, perhaps his best work.

Wont spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but I recomend it to anyone who enjoyed any of his past work.

Cant wait for volume two to be released now... :twisted:

Just remember its heavy Japanese influence, not supposed to be realistic. It slips into the Jap manga/anime style many times and the heavy gore sections could be interpreted as a hybrid of the world the movie is set in and its japanese mythological counter part. Tarentino never set out for Kill Bill to be a representation of the real world.

Guest nickcornaglia

Was supposed to go see it last night but went out drinking with friends instead since that is a rare opportunity for me.

Don't give anything away yet....I saw the trailer during UNDERWORLD and noted it as my NEXT TO SEE movie.

Guest kyrkesmith

I enjoyed Reloaded, which seems to kinda make me in a minority, but having seen Kill Bill, Reloaded just looks like a bit of a silly computer game. There's nothing wrong with that - it still entertained me, but Kill Bill was just amazing. Similarly, it didn't seem real, but it was just in a different league.

Guest kyrkesmith

I'm pleased to hear that. If it was intended to be "real", I don't know what sort of life he must lead......

I didn't expect the film, and don't expect films to be real, just as long as they entertain. My feeling was that while both The Matrix Reloaded and Kill Bill were not at all "real", Kill Bill went about it better that Reloaded.

Saw Kill Bill on Saturday night, enjoyed it, look forward to part 2 which will probably make the 1st better, however, more importantly to myself, i saw a previously unseen (to me) trailer of Matrix Revolutions, I CAN'T WAIT!

Guest morpheus2702

Saw Kill Bill yesterday and what can I say?

As a film it was neither the worse thing I had ever seen but far the best either. I left the cinema and a day later I remember... not a lot.

For a QT film, this isn't right. Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, hell even Jackie Brown all had their memorable scenes, killer soundtracks and dialogue that you remember years later... Kill Bill had none of this.

It all felt disjointed and lazy... sure we can all say 'wait for Volume Two' but any film has to stand on its own two feet. I think QT should have trimmed the fat and released one 3 hour film.

The manga stuff was interesting and the fights well choreographed, however fantastical... but all I could think of is HOW boss-eyed is Lucy Lui?

The trailer for Revolutions was great and now the second wave of Matrix fever is building. But did anyone else feel a tremble when they saw the Return of the King trailer? I know I did!

Guest JabbaTheSlut

I still stand by the fact that Kill Bill was a damn good film, it had all the twisted QT humor, and more i expected and was such a well thought out film.

this film isnt largly about the film itself, its a reference, and indeed a homage to films of the past, even down to the test cards at the beginning and the soundtrack. loved it all, loved the clever references, the intellience of the film, the humor, and above all Uma in leather, hehe

Jabba

Guest nickcornaglia
Uma in leather, Not even Trinity is as hot as Beckinsale in laethers!
Especially in the very first scene of Underworld where shes looking down from the top of the building and the wind kept blowing her jacket up....revealing her...um...buttocks! I was blowing at the screen! :)

Guest gspacedboy

My very understanding girlfriend is getting me the DVD of underworld soon.. I really don't think she realises the extent of Kate Beckinsale's arse in leather....

Guest gspacedboy
I didn't see the LOTR trailer :)

When I watched the trailer, I was holding my breath it was so good :oops: but then i fell off my chair... :roll: