Author :: Richie M

Category :: Computer

Description ::

Features

Installs via a .hme

Large Mutilscreen Homescreen.

Comments

Screens are taken from Longhorn Alpha Build 4008  

But i was disappointed with the system icons (same as XP's) so i changed them for Win3D Winter XP icons.

I think this is the biggest Home Theme/Skin available, a whooping 15 seperate pages

2nd in my Windows Look and Feel series, again created before extra screen skinning was common place.

Download

Updated Tue, Jan 25 2005 3:47 pm

View File

• 1 month later...
Guest scott_donald

i am scareed but would love to install this... dont suppose you can give me more info on how it works before i installl... and what happens if you dont like it...

Guest Richie M
i am scareed but would love to install this... dont suppose you can give me more info on how it works before i installl... and what happens if you dont like it...

huh? :?

Its a homescreen! not sure what you mean by "how it works" :?

If you dont like it you uninstall it :lol: Go to ProgramsSettingsRemove Programs (just like you do with any self installing homescreen :?)

Guest scott_donald

huh? :?

Its a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen! not sure what you mean by "how it works" :?

If you dont like it you uninstall it :lol: Go to ProgramsSettingsRemove Programs (just like you do with any self installing http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen :?)

sorry just a bit inexperienced... been playing around more... does it work with mpx200... if not how do u sortt he unalingment....

Guest Richie M
sorry just a bit inexperienced... been playing around more... does it work with mpx200... if not how do u sortt he unalingment....

:lol: no worries.

Er it will work on the mpx200 but as to any i'm not sure as i dont have one to test it on (yet) but to adjust any alignment issues all you have to do is edit the XML :D

Guest loanmngr

This is an awesome homescreen! I have m5 and I think that it is my favorite! I have a question for you since you developed it I was wondering if it was possible to change the default screen on m5 to the last page with the date/time, messages, so forth I think they are scrn.16-1.jpg through scrn16-6.jpg. I do not know how to change them around and do not want to screw it up! I need this as the default so that when at work I can see everything at once at a glance, Thanks for your help and thanks for making these awesome homescreens!

Guest m1.carson

Longhorn SPV

Hi Richie,

Have just this second [well Hour] installed M5, looks good but won't be playing with it until the local hostelry opens !, could you please slow down the screenshots of the homepage of longhorn, my eyes don't work that fast in the mornings and I can't see what's just happened.

Max,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the site mate :D

Unzip the zip file you downloaded on your PC.

Inside you should have got a .hme file.

Connect your phone to the cradle to activate ActiveSync.

When connected, press Explore.

Copy & paste the hme file to My Smartphone IPSM (or Storage) Windows Start Menu Accessories.

Now hit the left softkey on your phone (Programs or Start) and go to the Accessories folder. Open it and you will find an icon for the hme file you just pasted in there.

Click on the icon and it will install itself. It usually helps to restart the phone afterwards to make sure everything is lined up correctly.

Some skins come in .cab format. Same method.

Others are just a .xml file (possibly with a jpeg). Simply copy these into My Smartphone IPSM (or Storage) Application Data Home and then select your new skin in the Settings menu.

There are other variations, but the authors will include the instructions in their threads.

Be careful that the skin will work on your particular phone.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest samuelgeorge

Hi, i'm also new. I've downloaded this homescreen but it does appear to be fully functional. Basically i can only move up or down and so the options on the right don't appear to work i.e. internet, contl panel and run?

Am i doing something wrong?

• 5 months later...
Guest ffaridi1
Hi, i'm also new. I've downloaded this homescreen but it does appear to be fully functional. Basically i can only move up or down and so the options on the right don't appear to work i.e. internet, contl panel and run?

Am i doing something wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm also having exact same problem, am I missing some plugin here ( my phone is MPX220)?

• 8 months later...
Guest flippy_fly

Hello,

sorry then my english is bad, because I'm from Germany.

Which plug'ins is needed for your Homescreen.

It's work on my phone, but some Site's don't showing.

"Control Panel" and "All Programs" be missing.

Please help me then i like your HS to the max !!

Thanks

Michael

Edited by flippy_fly

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the forum :o

You should not need to install any additional plugins for this skin.

I think the problem is probably that it is not designed for the 2003 OS, as is suggested by the posts above :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.