What about unblocking?

Guest jello_e

Guest jello_e

now we know how to unlock, de-cert and upgrade. what about unblocking a blocked SAP?

di ako snatcher ha... just wondering, what if i got my smart phone from somebody who got it for free sa plan and hindi na sya nagbayad ng monthly nya. i'm sure smart will block the phone. how can we work our way around if that happens?

Guest spv_dman
what if i got my smart phone from somebody who got it for free sa plan and hindi na sya nagbayad ng monthly nya. i'm sure smart will block the phone. how can we work our way around if that happens?

No, Smart can't block the SAP. The only thing that will be cut-off for non payment or other reasons will be the line and not the phone. Since the GSM era, there's now a distinction between service, which is associated with the SIM card, and handset. Using another SIM for "disconnected" phone will make it useable again :(

It's only in the Analog days na kapag disconnected yung service mo, hindi mo na magagamit pati ang phone :wink:

IMEI blocking (handset) as you claimed is a different story. This is mainly used for fraud management tulad ng nakaw na phone. Telecoms have the capability to ban certain IMEI's from connecting to their network per request of original owner to make it unuseable. :)

Guest jello_e

hmmm... oo nga pala no... when i lost my 8250 2 years ago i had it blocked... last month i bought a cheap 7250 and after a while na block din... i'm sure it was stolen kasi 2500 lang bili ko. lolz! mas mahal pa pa-unblock ng 7250 than how much i bought it!

thanks for reminding me bro, that was refreshing... :)

we may now delete this thread... hehee