How to increase light on Keypad Leds!

Guest cyberetti

Guest cyberetti

Ok!

Whatever you decide to do with your phone is your decision, clearly if you try this Mod it is at you own risk!

This Mod I did after feeling that the led lighting of the keypad was to weak, or shall we say I believed that the light from the led's was just not spreading ideally and not reaching out very well.

I had opened the phone up a couple of times earlyer to get a look at what could be done but did just not get any ideas.

Days later I got the idea when i was looking at at glue stick for my glue gun and thougt to myself, "Hmm... it carries light very well, almost like fiberoptics". And the rest is history.

So then, the tools I used for the Mod are:

A small gluegun with clear transparent gluesticks.

A new sharp razorblade.

This i what you need assuming you already know how to open up your phone.

Oh I almost forgot your little finger will also come handy!

1.JPG2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Ok this is what i did: (This is madness I know!)

With the glue gun press out just a tiny little glue on the tip of it.

Barely touch the LED with the "glue tip" and gently pull out the glue to a little string aiming for the right place on the key board.

As soon as you reach your destination gently push a couple of times towards the button so that you get a little more glue out.

Now quickly before the glue gets cold wet your little finger with the tip of your toungue and gently slide it over the glue to form a clear little flat dot!

A good thing is to practice this procedure on a piece of paper until you feel confident.

It is important that nothing made becomes "To High" since then the keys will want to be stuck in down position when the phone is put back together.

Here the razorblade becomes handy to cut off any eccessive glue and trim everything down nice and neat.

Hehe! Good luck!