Bluetooth Capabilities of E200???

Chances are i'm going to be getting an E200 as soon as it is released, but i'm a bit puzzled about it's use of bluetooth. I've looked on some other threads and not found much info on bluetooth application.

Can someone (preferably someone who has tried one) please confirm what applications you can use it for on the E200

i.e can it connect to the internet via a bluetooth enabled pc

will you be able to activesync with pc and/or pocket pc

Will it allow a PDA to access emails/internet over the phones gprs??

what files will you be able to share over bluetooth.

Could anyone expand on these to give a better explaination of the phones bluetooth capabillities

thanx

Seán

Guest gspacedboy

Im not sure who, but someone(prob Paul) confirmed you would Sync with your pc through BT...

Also, you can almost take it for granted that all files will be able to be tranfered using explorer.

The others in mot sure!

ok thanks for the reply,

what i'm really interested in is how possible it would be to connect my pda to the internet and email via gprs, or connect to the internet on the phone via bluetooth (as you would through the pass through connector to the pc with the original spv) so if anyone else knows..........

sean

Guest abamara
what i'm really interested in is how possible it would be to connect my pda to the internet and email via gprs, or connect to the internet on the phone via bluetooth (as you would through the pass through connector to the pc with the original spv) so if anyone else knows..........

sean

This is also one of the main features I'm interested in. However I vaguely remember reading from one of the press releases that the bluetooth is limited to earphones handsfree applications at the moment. So we're gonna need the gurus to come up with progs for pass thru gprs connection (via bluetooth) on pdas and laptops.

Time for more thinking caps.....(nudge,nudge, wink, wink) :)

• 1 month later...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ok, so now I'm a bit miffed.

I have looked all the way through the forum and now just had it confirmed by Orange 3rd Line support.

The E200 only has support for the DUN and the Audio Gateway bluetooth services.

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

The question is, is the chipset capable of been upgraded for this facility or am I flogging a dead horse!

What about the Bluetooth SDIO cards I hear about, will they have all the other services mainly serial ports.

I hear that SmartExplorer will soon be able to send files via BT, HOW!!

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Again

:@

Just to make me feel better.

K

Guest shrubby

Late last night I managed to connect my iPAQ 3970 to the net using the E200 as a Bluetooth modem, and suprisingly its much quicker than using the IE on the E200 :?

The problem I was having was that I was using an updated WIDCOMM bluetooth stack for the iPAQ which didn't have the option of selecting a device as a bluetooth Dialup modem. After a hard reset on the iPAQ and with the default (very limited) bluetooth software back online it worked like a dream. :lol:

The only problem I have now is that with the default pocket pc 2002 bluetooth sofware I can't ActiveSync to my PC (that only worked with the WIDCOMM update, which I beleive is the software supplied with Pocket PC 2003, which may explain why you can't connect to a PDA running Windows Mobile 2003)

I will be keeping it as it is for now, love being able to connect to the net anywhere on my iPAQ.

I now think that the bluetooth on the E200 (no matter how limited it is) is well worth while having, it suites my needs anyway.

Late last night I managed to connect my iPAQ 3970 to the net using the E200 as a Bluetooth modem, and suprisingly its much quicker than using the IE on the E200

Lucky you are !

Bluetooth dialup to connect to the web using the E200 as a bluetooth modem is not possible with Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC's.

I own 1940 HP iPaq and I cannot longer connect to the web with my e200, whereas I did with my Sony Ericsson t68i.

The fact is Bluetooth on Smartphone 2003 is not compatible with bluetooth on Pocket PC 2003 !!! Have to go back to previous OS Pocket PC !!!

So stupid, so incomprehensible !

:shock:

Guest Preacher

I'm just using a headset for now given the dreaded change of law;I find it pretty good although there is definately interference when I move away from the phone (under 10 m) which should not happen.

However, given that I generally use it in the car this is not a major problem; I shall still however, get it checked out.

• 2 weeks later...