Do not experiment on SPV without knowing what to do!

Guest florin_m

Guest florin_m

Do not do experiment with ur SPV unless u know what u doing!

U can DAMAGE your phone realy bad !!! If u are unlucky to erase the pboot zone, then ur phone even will NOT BOOT UP!!!Then u'll have to send back to HTC or me to fix it! the phone will need to be "forced" in boot mode! Trust me i done it allready!!!

!

Good new!

I managed to load linux on it and the phone (the pda part better said) is working faster than on WIN CE ! Again, till i finish a full working image (include phone application) I'll not post any details . This is due to some ppl from this forum. All my research will be underground from now on.

That all for the moment. (Got to go back to my shadow till the sun will not be up again :D )

Best regards,

Florin The SPV Vampire

Guest florin_m

i see here everyone don't bealive me :D i wanted to put it free when i done it, but because u don't bealive..wait for comercial version then.

That all.

I'll ask paul to erase my account.

I blody work hard on this phone and no one bealive me.Thank's a lot for support boys!!

Guest westlake

Pretty incredible work in the time. You have managed to create a working bootloader, a binary file for the boot image then I guess re ported a version of Familiar 0.6 but I you would I imagine you upgraded it to at least version 0.7 at the same time.

Which graphical enviroment did you go for, opie or a full blown intimate build with a 512 SD card and X overlaid??

I am even more impressed that not only have you done all of this you are also working on getting the radio working too....

You are a god and I take my hat (red of course) off to you.

I to can not wait to fall off my seat backwards and carry on through the wall.

I will not be holding my breath through fear of death though.

Best of luck :D :(

Guest florin_m

Come one chewie post that photos wich i just sent to u so everyone can see it!

And let's stop this bullshit!

I'm sick of ignorant ppl from this forum!

Better back to my own forum where at least ppl have brain, and use it!!! (www.gsmcity.de)

Don't mind the boys, linux on this phone does sound a bit suspicious, though I don't think you're full of bullshit (not licking ur arse to get mine unlocked) - though as it happens all the news at this forum and solutions are posted as they are found... So that's your reason for those arsy comments... I beleive you are doing what you gotta do and hope the commercial ver. is not gonna be expensive when comes out.. It would be nice for everyone to see some MOTIVATIONAL STIMULANT!!, so there's your request for pictures..

In general, as you can see, everyone's pissed off with certif. issue and can't wait to get rid of this crap, so surely they are looking fwd to a solution.. And you seemed to have got very close to it as it sounds...

I am not sure how this is all possible and done, but surely if it can run one os, it should in theory be able to run another one... Though I don't see how linux could be a good idea (command prompt??__) on SPV. How would outlook work?? Have you managed to get it unlocked and certification OFF with WinCE??

What else can I say?!?

PEACE, BROTHAS, PEACE!!!!

Guest florin_m

is not cracked is just sealing tape just to protect my screen from scraces (just in case i wana resell it!) U better do the same to protect the screen.When sealling tape is geting bad, just replace it :D

Though I don't see how linux could be a good idea (command prompt??__) on SPV. How would outlook work??

There are plenty of GUI versions of linux for the home user. If he can port over a server version, i assume a GUI version could be ported over just as easily"

And stop F**KING ARGUING!!!

Just seen the pics, and can't say they are the best set on this forum so far.. Why would you want linux on it anyway??? Is there a GUI? Any phone calls made>?

As for the screen it looks either cracked or it could be the plastic sticker as it comes in a box.. Why would you have a sticker on it though (fitted 'wrongly')

Q (once again): Have you managed to put SmartPhone OS on it that needs no certificates??

Guest florin_m

the problem is not the porting :D is the application phone :( i'm looking to get some info so i can start write a application for phone. With linux on it u can use it as PDA only. no phone :( so no good..we want it a phone with pda not just pda :P

Guest florin_m
As for the screen it looks either cracked or it could be the plastic sticker as it comes in a box.. Why would you have a sticker on it though (fitted 'wrongly')

cause i don't have time for estetical problem of the phone :D i don't use it as a phone just now..i have better phones..and main reason i have the phone is to make it working better :( so ppl will pay for that :(

About licence...i can't say no more :P i'm waiting about to see if is legal to remove it or not. As i know interfearing with some copyright software is illegal, but installing linux on it is not :lol: so anyone can make linux application without any "legal" problems :lol: