Update on the 1.6 Build

Guest Mr Orange

Guest Dumdidum

Yes this should go with any version

Because it does test the version of your SPV bevor you replace the ROM...... after that it does not test the ROM... and it thinks that it is installing ROM-version 1.63... but it doesnt :lol:

Guest Pagemakers
whats going on with the time on posts? i make it 11.40 ish - how come people are making posts at 12.18 etc!!? twilight zone? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Go to your profile and change to Time Zone setting.

Modaco also need to update their board too. We are now in GMT not BST.

It is not a fault with your phone.

Guest Pagemakers
"]Yeah, I need to work out what's happening with MoDaCo time zone, it SHOULD be auto-updating :-)

P

Paul I sent you a file last night by PM. It works on our PHPBB board.

Guest Simon Desser

For anyone trying this upgrade (or any other upgrade), who MIGHT want to "go back" to a previous ROM, I would strongly recommend doing a FULL BACK-UP to SD card BEFORE upgrading.

Downgrading the ROM from say 1.6 or 1.5 to 1.37 etc. CAN cause serious problems, from things like your INBOX not functioning properly, to your phone getting stuck on "sunset screen" :shock:

It's easy enough to "trick" your phone into running a "downgrade" BUT it CAN have major problems :lol:

Guest nytehawk2002

Well.. it's just turning morning here in the U.S. I found out through a bit of testing that my phone is running the CH version of the rom. So, I checked the CH website and 1.6 isn't out yet on there. Tried an Orange update on my phone, no new updates available. The UK site doesn't have 1.6 yet either. I did download that "unauthorized" rom, and it won't install, it tells me that it's the NL version and I'm running CH.

So... I guess I'm going to have to learn to be patient.. :-)

Guest barncourt
But we still haven't found out if this is the "Official" released rom have we?

It isn't.. When you switch the phone on it displays "Not For Sale" on the start up screen... I suspect it is a release candidate, but not the final build.

I just tried it (just for fun) and it seems to work perfectly. I can connect with gprs, send/receive mail, and even use messenger. Can't app unlock though...

I already installed my 1.5 I-mate ROM back (because I don't like an illegal ROM on my phone), and I experienced no problem. I did it as described in this thread.

Also, I just checked the french link you gave here, but I can't seem to find any real problem on it. Could you be a bit more specific then? :roll:

Guest Simon Desser
Will the UK 1.6 be able to be software unlocked?
According to Gears, not till December ;)

"The only downside of the versions above 1.6 is that you can't unlock them from the Orange developer website. They will be updating their database somewhere in december, so from then it is possible to unlock.

If that's the case, I'll wait, I'd rather have my phone as it is now than app locked :roll:

And hopefully I'll have an E200 before then :lol:

Guest LAMBERTJ08
Also, I just checked the french link you gave here, but I can't seem to find any real problem on it. Could you be a bit more specific then? :roll:

BUGS that I found :

- the sound "Start up" is not however audible... it goes very well on the QTEK 1.50.9.1

- when the foward call is active and I reboot the SPV, the arrow however does not appear... it's not normal.

- when the telephone is lock, keys of volume are active

:evil: