Update on the 1.6 Build

Guest Mr Orange

Guest Jasonkruys

I'm not sure whether it amuses me or annoys me all the people on here complaining that they can't do this or can't do that with a certain update, all updates that they should never even have in the first place! Come on people, are you surprised that these 'leaked' updates or updates designed for other networks dont work exactly as they should, and will when they are released officially? :roll:

Guest MARKUKCOUK

well, using the method above (changing the NK file), ive now managed to downgrade my E100 back to 1.5 Swiss from 1.63 NL, which will (hopefully) allow me to upgrade to 1.6UK on the 19th!

Guest Simon Desser
I guess that people that are stuck with this new version, need to downgrade the bootloader to http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.93 by SD/MMC card.

I had same problem about a month ago with Smart 1.6 from Phillipines... :roll:  But now I got a SD/MMC with http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.93 and can downgrade anytime.

This 1.63 NL ROM doesn't seem to let you change the bootloader, and USBTerm doesn't work with it either :!:

Even a FULL back up on SD card (which used to be the safest bet) won't work :!:

Guest nytehawk2002

If this is off topic I apologize but....

Why is it that the UK Rom is only on v1.36 and the CH rom is 1.5? Whats the benefit I have from being on 1.5 as opposed to 1.36? Why such a version difference for the same phone in a different country? There's really no documentation about cross country releases. Anyone have any juice on this?

If this is off topic I apologize but....

Why is it that the UK Rom is only on v1.36 and the CH rom is 1.5?  Whats the benefit I have from being on 1.5 as opposed to 1.36?  Why such a version difference for the same phone in a different country?  There's really no documentation about cross country releases.  Anyone have any juice on this?

If I'm not wrong(?) the UK presently available' rom is a 1.5 as well.

Guest Pondrew
And if I'm not wrong, it isn't available as an update. It is just installed on E100s. Orange decided not to release it as an update for SPVs.

...although my original SPV came back from a warranty repair having been upgraded from 1.3 to 1.5. It is possible although I think only service centre's can presently do it.

I'm eagerly awaiting this 1.6 update as the rest of you although more eagerly awaiting the arrival of the E200 I ordered last week! :lol:

As for the leaked update, I'm with the 'you install it at your own risk' crowd. Don't start blaming Orange or anyone else for the consequences.

I am going to wait for the official UK 1.6 update. I have tried Imate and Qtek versions, but have found no real improvements over the original SPV UK version. They are all very slow on SMS Text messaging. I hope the 1.6 version fixes this annoying problem.

Guest neilfenstein

So is the UK update due wednesday? people keep asking but no one has given a proper answer!!

Cheers, I updated to the qtek rom a while back and screwed my spv up so not risking this NL bad boy!!

If the update is wednesday it is not long to wait at all!!

Guest morpheus2702

Public flogging on MoDaCo? Oooh, that'd be setting a precedent - can the flogs be backdated to include '1.5 update appearing with release of E100' and 'E200 will definitely have a 200Mhz processor'? :wink:

In that case we'd all be flogged and I would drown under a pile of rancid tomatos.

so, if its not out on wednesday you can be publicly flogged and humiliated? :lol:

No... but I WILL plaster across MoDaCo the name AND extension number of the employee who layed out in detail most of what I asked them for (release date and other relevant Rom information).................Even if we are related......

say no more

:wink:

Guest hecatae

Not really, check out this post by Dumdidum two pages back :

I found a way back to another image.........................!

First download the update which you want to install

unrar it with WINRAR.

Then start again the update 1.63 and proceed until he says that he will now update!

At this point, copy the NK.nbf-File from your update to the this directory: C:Program FilesRUU_ORG_NL

there it should replace the 1.63-NK.nbf!

then he will install the version you want instead of 1.63!

SUPER!

:lol: Should be put in the "how to" section, this is brilliant advice !

hope this works, msn works but battery life is worse than 1.5uk

Guest statscat

hmmmmmmmm

I guess the only people with the official as yet unreleased ROM are orange ......... and that would only be a release candidate.

I guess this is what happens when software gets leaked, we all get confused.

It may well have been a release candidate, but then again maybe it wasn't maybe it wasn't released because of these issues and others that are getting reported as bug, I think we all need to view the leaked code as that, leaked and therefore with issues.

I think its one of those painful wait and see moments, Mr ORange may know the answer though.