Update on the 1.6 Build

Guest Mr Orange

Guest D-Shiznit

@hecatae

you replaced the .nbk file too early.. start the update in the 3 screen mode.. and then copy the .nbk file just before you klick on "upgrade" !!

that will work !!

Ok now i have a problem..... :lol:

I wanted to downgrade because the 1.6 doesn't owrk that welll.

But with the erase something went completly wrong and all i get now is the canary 1.10

I've tried the hard reset... Nothing and i don't have the update of 1.6 anymore and u cant download it anymore... So now i have a big problem because i have a phone that doesn't work.... ;)

Can anyone help me :?:

Guest D-Shiznit

that's f*****d up cuz as i know, you can't downgrade from the 1.6, well at least for the meantime.. but i think you already knew that..

try installing 1.5.. that might work..but correct me if i'm wrong.. i haven't tried it yet..

My work colleague is getting a replacement SPV delivered tomorrow, so I am hoping it will have the 1.6 update on it so I can just use USBTERM to transfer it to my phone while at work.

..........or I could just wait until I get home and do it properly :lol:

Let's hope tomorrow is the day for the update, but I am not holding my breath on this one as Orange never release anything when they say they will !

My work colleague is getting a replacement SPV delivered tomorrow, so I am hoping it will have the 1.6 update on it so I can just use USBTERM to transfer it to my phone while at work.

..........or I could just wait until I get home and do it properly :lol:

Let's hope tomorrow is the day for the update, but I am not holding my breath on this one as Orange never release anything when they say they will !

Apparantly you cannot use USBterm anymore with this update.. See THIS thread and especially Midnight's answer to question 3 on the end of page one...

Guest dannywaddington

All these problems are good reasons why you shouldn't install leaked stuff which you are recommended not to.

It is hard to resist though with a shiney link to the download infront of you.

Well, I've managed so far!

Posted from my SmartPhone!All these problems are good reasons why you shouldn't install leaked stuff which you are recommended not to.

It is hard to resist though with a shiney link to the download infront of you.

Well, I've managed so far!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest cyrilthefish

Apparantly you cannot use USBterm anymore with this update.. See THIS thread and especially Midnight's answer to question 3 on the end of page one...

yep, USBterm is completely broken (on the leaked 1.6 update anyway)

it only gives you two options, backup all to SDcard or restore all from SDcard... niether options work (incorrect card format message or simalar)

also you cannot restore the phone by starting it with a SDcard containing a full backup, it just says 'starting download' and hangs. (and hence i paniced lots for a few hours because i had no way to get back to the UK update)

Eventually fixed it with the 'swap the nk.nbf half-way through the upgrade' thing to downgrade to NL 1.5, which then allowed my full UK SDcard backup to function again :lol:

Guest Richie M
Did anyone 'official' actually say the patch would be out today?

I don't see any sign of it on the Orange website :lol:

Gareth

nope, its pure speculation :roll:

Guest stevewright

I, and I imagine many others on this forum, have an email address @orange.net so I get a text message everytime I get an email.

MoDaCo can send emails when threads are updated. See where I'm going?!?

If you start a thread (say, "1.6 is ready!") and lock it straight away, we all view it and use "watch this topic for replies", then a moderator can put a post in there with the magic link, and we all get a text message telling us!

Plausible?

Although if you go to the orange site now and try the SPV UK link from the SPV pages it directs you to an out of date page... Maybe they're in the process of updating the website (bad design mind you that it sends you to a broken link ;-))

cheers

Andy

Guest morpheus2702

Well why don't the mods lock this thread, with a definitive statement as to what is or is not know at this time?

That'd save some time and bandwidth, wouldn't it?

Guest morpheus2702

More like a shining example of when no-one has a b*****d clue when this thing is going to appear. :roll:

£100 for the first person that phones up OCS and gets told that the update is now called 'buy an E200'. :lol: