Update on the 1.6 Build

Guest Mr Orange

Just a few questions:

The 1.6 update seems to be launched mid november, as I can read on various forums. Does this mean that the update will be posted on the internet, or that we have to send our device to Orange for software update? Because so far, I never came across the official 1.5 update either...

Also, this update which is talked about, is the 1.6 UK update. Anyone an idea when they will launch the dutch one?

One last thing: I had to buy my phone in the Netherlands, because here in Belgium, they don't sell it. I also had to buy the SIM unlock code. Will this one still work when I install the 1.6 update? Currently, I have the Orange 1.5.0.27 ROM on the spv e-100...

Guest PsychoDave

Hey Roke.

I don't think we'll have to be sending our devices back to any one. All of the other updates have been distributed via the net and I can't see any reason why they wouldn't again. (1.5 was released on the net but not by O UK, there was a swiss 1.5 and of course the i-mateqtek varieties)

Can't help you with the dutch rom release date I'm afraid maybe someone else can answer that one but I do know that once your phone is sim unlocked it should stay that way.

Hope that helps,

:)

Guest Richie M

Any of the mods or mr. Orange care to confirm that ? :)

I'm not to sure what is meant by that, but the Sim Unlock code is per phone not per ROM. So if you already have the Sim Unlock code it will/should work after the upgrade.

What I meant was if anyone could confirm that flashing this ROM would not reinstate the simlock.. :?

Misplaced mine ages ago and really don't feel like bootloader downgrading and so on agian.. :roll:

Guest Richie M
What I meant was if anyone could confirm that flashing this ROM would not reinstate the simlock..  :? 

Misplaced mine ages ago and really don't feel like bootloader downgrading and so on agian.. :roll:

Ah, yes it will reinstate the simlock - as will any main network update!

Ah, yes it will reinstate the simlock - as will any main network update!

To use Cartmans immortal words : That sucks ass ! :)

Oh well, of to risk life and limb again with usbterm and sd card :wink:

Guest awarner [MVP]

You should be able to stay SIM unlocked but I have not tested this.

Also one important fact,

You cannot downgrade the bootloader with this update :)

You cannot downgrade the bootloader with this update :)

:shock: What ?!

Next you're gonna tell me Orange has also blocked downgrading the phone to lets say Qtek 1.5 or an earlier Orange ROM after upgrading to 1.6 :?:

Seriously though, I am sure the above mentioned is going to be important to a whole bunch of people here and I for one would be veeeeeery happy if these things were tested before we all start flashing away :wink:

The bootloader is the software that you access to hard reset your phone, it has been downgraded in the past to allow for SIM unlocking, this will therefore not be possible (initially!).

I have my upgrade!!!!

I't working - look like it is some improvement.

- just for your info - I'm Orange too :? NL

NOW update

It is some improvement - Dispite fact I CANT UNLOCKED THIS PIECE OF CRAP!!!! :evil: :twisted: :x :!: :twisted: :evil: :x :?: :twisted: :evil:

All method I know are not working - no page method (French or English or any)

NO "edit file method" I have try it - and that's why please do not do it now!!!!!!

If any of you know how to do it PLEASE LET ME KNOW ..

I have 1.6 version NL - not many doffrences - i'm using English anyway but all settings are for Orange NL

Other stuff :

- bit faster

- less "unexplaind" problems

- GPRS improved

- WAP improved

- Battery live increase (I used to have empty battery after 12 h working

now it's still alive after 36 h)

- MSN is not working!!!

- games - especially bigger one will kill your mobile performace

Doom or Tennis - is deaddly (I can play, I love it .... but ...... :) )

- Work connection (U know "pass thru" ) - is not working

sUMMARY:

-I will w8 untill 1.7 will come with patient!!! Or maybe 2003 ... hope so!!

Guest Richie M

notoco, the NL 1.6 is different to the one we are testing :(

Currently the build we have is 1.61 with the MSN fix :)

(But it does sound pretty much the same as the 1.6 build we had)

Guest broeren79
notoco, the NL 1.6 is different to the one we are testing :(

Currently the build we have is 1.61 with the MSN fix :)

(But it does sound pretty much the same as the 1.6 build we had)

this confuses the s*** out of me.....

the 1.6 update discussed here is not gonna be the same as the 1.6 NL update that will come soon? Then what about this 1.6 nl update? what does it include, and when will that come out??

pfffffff why can't orange be clear on s*** like this??

Guest Richie M

this confuses the sh*t out of me.....

the 1.6 update discussed here is not gonna be the same as the 1.6 NL update that will come soon? Then what about this 1.6 nl update? what does it include, and when will that come out??

pfffffff why can't orange be clear on sh*t like this??

Its quite simple, updates with UK in the name are for UK and updates with NL are for Netherlands :D

I know nothing about the NL 1.6 update, when notoco posted about it was the first i knew of it.

And just to make it even clearer, we (MoDaCo Mods) are currently testing UK 1.61, as this includes the fix for MSN :lol:/ (UK 1.6 did not include this)

Here we go with more details ...

I went to My IT dept .. With request - "Give me this update or else !!!!"

And they Give me .... Else :(

Real answer was - I'm "testing rabbit" and thats why I can post it yet this update .... Hehehe so u know they give it to me :)

Anyway ... Soon I will post it later with warning!!!!

You will have Instead of starting logo in SPV small massage

NOT FOR SALE FOR TESTING ONLY!!!!

Nusty stuff but this is only way to avoid wild spread of this update.

This will be for test only for some "SPV maniacs :twisted: " ....

Guest morpheus2702
this confuses the sh*t out of me.....

Hmmm, confused as sh*t squared here, cubed even.

So the secret is to tell Orange you are testing small land mammals of the lepus genus, and they give you an update?

That's brilliant that is. :?

Guest three2five

orange NL sent a letter to the mobile phone dealers that when this update is available, it will be sent to every customer on cd. That would be because it would solve the mms incompatibility, and the msn incompatibility. So, for the ones who are afraid that they are not able to get their hands on it, you will! middle of november was stated, just like the orange site tells...

Guest broeren79

But is it the same update only translated, or does it have other features and modifications? The mms compatibility was allready incorporated in de 1.50.xx NL ROM so i don't care about that... i probably won't be using it anyway.... I would appreciate it if Orange would follow an international guideline or something, where these updates follow eachother logically instead of using different updates for different countries implementing different modifications....

Guest three2five

i didnt say they did this differentwise internationally, but i only say what i know for the netherlands. I dont know if they will do this the same in other countries. And why wouldnt you use mms? it is free to first of february.... so cheaper than sms, and better... :lol:

DO not Worry Paul [MVP] :shock:

Software is autorised - Please read my comments (....for test only...)

Thats why U will have special Orange logo with text like this (see above)

Anyway - My IT "guru" will give me grean light to post it or not (He need confiration too) ...... I'm still w8-ing ..... ..... ..... :!:

I can't do nothing without aproval :lol:

Other answer

I will not reccomend to update SPV in UK with NL update coz:

- U will have setting for MMS in NL not UK

- U will have all setting , currnce date, network pref, etc ... in NL

I will reccomend only for ppl who really want to try befor official relase .. or compare with other updates.