The Matrix Revolutions

Guest gspacedboy

Guest morpheus2702

I would still say go and see it, if only for some mental effects...

But totally with you regarding Morpheus. In the Matrix he was charisma personified. In Reloaded OK, he had to take a back seat to Neo which is understandable. But in Revolutions, he is largely ignored and that is a tragedy. :?

Yeah the lack of Morpheus' presence was a big downside in revolutions, a good film but a little bit cheesy (the whole smith thing at the end - "Its not faaaair!!!" - jeez what were they smoking :)

They've left themselves open for more sequels and even prequels (go into the ones before neo a bit more perhaps) but nonetheless i felt disapointed at the lack of closure, we dont know if there will be a forth or not so nothing to look forward to, but nothing to close the storyline

Guest kyrkesmith

It has grown on me after a day or so. When I first came out of the cinema, I was slightly disappointed, but not very. But now, looking back, I think it isn't as good as either Reloaded or The Matrix, but still very good.

As I understand it, something did change with respect to the matrix. The Architect says that those who do not accept the matrix will be freed - in previous matrices did they not have to fight to be freed? Obviously there has to be a matrix at the end - there are too many people like Cypher: "Ignorance is bliss" for it to be otherwise.

Just watched the original again and ive put together more of the plot. At the end of the original Matrix movie, Neo is on the phone to the machines or agents (not sure which) and he tells them he is not here to show them how this ends, but to show them how it begins, he is going to put the phone down and show people what the machines didnt want them to see. A life without rules and boundarys. A life without the matrix. "Where we go from there, I leave to you."

And he does this exactly at the end of number 3, he effectivly free's everyone from the matrix and now the future or the next move at least (so it would seem) is in the hands of the machines.

Guest nickcornaglia

Just saw the film tonight.

Effects were great. Story was so-so. Ending was BLAH!

I kept asking myself....what would have been a better ending as there were four posibilities.

1) Humans Win

2) Machines Win

3) Peace is restored...war is over.

4) Everybody dies and the world explodes.

So...#3 being the obvious scenario to any war I came to the conclusion that it wasn't the ending that I didn't like...it was the lack of buildup to the ending. Up, down, up, down, up....then ending on a down. They should have ended with an up. More people would feel alot better about the film.

-The trailer gave too much away.

-The adrenaline scenes were too long.

-Reeves can't act well (ie...crying over Trinity's body)

-There were too many annoying characters in this one: The cynical captain, the french-guy, trinity, the general-dude...bad atitudes.

-The only one you could connect to in this one was Neo and he was barely in it.

-What were they feeding Morpheus in Australia, because he just got fatter and fatter thru the films.

-The architect's whole SHPEAL from Reloaded seems to have gone to waste.

-The explanation of the change in appearance of the Oracle was weak...but it had to be done since the first woman really died.

In short...the story and effects were pretty good but the execution of the whole thing could have been done much better. This should have been the greatest movie trilogy of all time...I guess I'll still be waiting for that.

I'll still buy the box set when released.

Maybe the Wackoski brothers got their tips from "The Godafather"...

...make I and II really good, then disappoint the world with III.

PS. I thought the swarm of sentinals that emerged after the initial swarm was one of the best effects I ever saw....causing me to say.."WHOA" in the theater...not unlike Keanu in "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure".

PS. I thought the swarm of sentinals that emerged after the initial swarm was one of the best effects I ever saw....causing me to say.."WHOA" in the theater...not unlike Keanu in "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure".

PMSL!!!!!!!!!! :) :( :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest morpheus2702

I think there is much more in common with the Back to the Future trilogy:

Make the first film, it becomes an unexpected hit and then convince the world that it is the first part of a trilogy for the next couple of years

Convince the studio to make parts 2 and 3 back-to-back. Whilst no-one is looking figure out a story.

Cram so much into part two that everyone is still scratching their heads and only just figuring was it was all about by the time the third one comes out

Realise that you spent your wad in part two and there is nothing much to say in part three. Hire ZZ Top or a load of powerloaders from Aliens.

'nuff said! :wink:

Guest gspacedboy

According to the Metro this morning, The Matrix made $122 Million in is first weekend... I know the first installment was good, the second was nearly up there, but come on what is the general public thinking, every critic is slating this film... IT'S BORING

The problem is choice.....only you can decide how it was for you..

i think it was pretty good as a continuation of the second ie treating reloaded and revolutions as one as it was intended to be, is one brilliant movie.

and the ending makes sence.

just one thing nagging me something that was in the game and didnt quite make sence in the movie.

in the game the oracle talks about the child: check this out:

scene with ghost and the oracle in the game, right after he beats seraph

Ghost: Can you tell me what happened to you?

Oracle: Two programmes, who I trusted, sold the termination code of my old form to the Merivingian.

Ghost: Why did they do it?

Oracle: For love. For the love of their child.

Ghost: You knew it would happen but you let them do it anyway?

Oracle: I had no choice. I believe the child is important. I believe that one day it will change both our world and their world forever.

now who is the child i tell u? th Kid perhaps? the one who will totally FREE humanity?

some thing to think about.

"Z"

Ok now thinking about it, could be the the couple at the train station, selling the oracle to save their kid sathi?

but that dont explain why she goes to live with the oracle again? or perhaps to keep her safe from everyone, after all she created the sun at the end, so must be the one that could change the both worlds?

"Z"

Guest morpheus2702
and the ending makes sence.

How's that then?

I watched the original Matrix the other day, and I remember the line that Morpheus says to Neo about 'a man being born inside the Matrix that would come again, and his coming would bring about the destruction of the Matrix'.

Now OK, Reloaded twisted this into making out that Neo wasn't anything special, he was just another in a series of 'Ones' that would ultimately NOT bring about the destruction of the Matrix, if anything just 'reset' it.

However, Neo was the only 'One' NOT to choose to take the path all the previous ones had taken before. Hence he COULD be treading a path that would lead to the TOTAL destruction of the Matrix, and the end of the war.

Revolutions backtracked on all of this. With all the implications left about seeing Neo/the One again, Sathi's abilities etc the message I got was that the cycle has just restarted. Why should the machines honour the peace with Zion? Zion more-or-less needs to be rebuilt, the Matrix still exists, as does the Oracle and the Architect.

Guest siu99spj

Personally I don't see why everyone is getting so wrapped up in the philosophy of this. It was series of films with pretty spectacular effects (Come on, where was your jaw when you first saw 'Bullet time'????) and an OK/excellent/crap/whatever storyline. I watched, I enjoyed, I'll probably get the DVDs. I don't care what happens now, the film ended, I'm very confused, but whats new?

ITS JUST A FILM!

[Let the flames begin]

Guest nickcornaglia

I agree and disagree.

I think it was a good story. The second/third movies were just layed out wrong. The same story could have been done better if certain sections were speeded up and others filled with more detail. The effects were definitely a priority and took away something from the story.

Should have made it 4 parts if they were running out of time to do this successfully.

Guest paulend
Ok now thinking about it, could be the the couple at the train station, selling the oracle to save their kid sathi?  

but that dont explain why she goes to live with the oracle again? or perhaps to keep her safe from everyone, after all she created the sun at the end, so must be the one that could change the both worlds?

"Z"

yes, the child is sati. she is an exile, she has no purpose therefore she should be deleted.

Well, if the clip from the ETM game is anything to go by then, u get to find out that

Ghost: Can you tell me what happened to you?

Oracle: Two programmes, who I trusted, sold the termination code of my old form to the Merivingian.

Ghost: Why did they do it?

Oracle: For love. For the love of their child.

Ghost: You knew it would happen but you let them do it anyway?

Oracle: I had no choice. I believe the child is important. I believe that one day it will change both our world and their world forever.

and if she just is a simple program than how is she able to create a sun rise? she must have a role. every program has a role...what is her's? there must be a reason?

or i could be soooo worng and like using up pointless brain time, in something so trivial? :lol:

"Z"

Guest siu99spj
So so wrong!

If the new Star Wars trilogy proves anything, it is that EFFECTS do not mke a good film.  A good film has a GREAT STORY!

I'm wrong :? Where?

Personally I don't see why everyone is getting so wrapped up in the philosophy of this.

There's at least 2 threads going on about this film...

It was series of films with pretty spectacular effects (Come on, where was your jaw when you first saw 'Bullet time'????)
I think most people agree the effects were very good.

and an OK/excellent/crap/whatever storyline.

I didn't specifically say the story was good bad or indifferent. The whatever clause allows you to use your own adjective. No correlation between effects and story there, just a "whatever" story and good effects.

ITS JUST A FILM!
Call me foolish but its definitely that. If its not, please tell me where I've gone wrong... :?

I watched, I enjoyed, I'll probably get the DVDs. I don't care what happens now, the film ended, I'm very confused, but whats new?

Thats the only bit which I can't support as its an opinion. You're saying my opinions wrong :? :?: :? :?: :? :?: :?

:? :? :? I'm more confused than ever now :? :? :?

Guest morpheus2702

siu99spj, lighten up! Maybe I should have suffixed my 'wrong wrong wrong' with a :wink: as not to offend your sensibilities.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, and out of fear of offending you again I won't suggest that you need to grow a thicker skin and not take things to heart. :?

The kid is a program right? Do you think since she is a program and there is now peace that she (and others now) can create stuff in the matrix for everyone to see and not get stopped by the machine world or agents?