Agile Messenger - IT WORKS ON ORANGE!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

index_2.gif

After a large number of applications, conversations and tests pinging backwards and forwards between myself and Agile Mobile, i'm pleased to announce that we have diagnosed the problem, and Agile Messenger is now compatible with the Orange network :)

So, exclusively HERE first, find attached the download file to install the updated version of Agile Messenger!

(News Page viewers, click 'View Comments' and ensure you are logged in to see the download!)

Enjoy!

P

agileinstaller.zip

Connected ok to master server. After a bit of fiddling have got Yahoo & MSN connected (MSN icon took a while to appear on contacts page) but cannot connect to ICQ - keep getting 'bad password' (Have just checked with Trillian & can connect to ICQ ok).

So close now :)

"]... i'm pleased to announce that we have diagnosed the problem, and Agile Messenger is now compatible with the Orange network

Ah! ... and what was the problem? ... and is this the same update that my Agile messenger downloaded on its own this morning? (Autoupdating programs ... brilliant!)

Grrrr, uninstalled, soft reset, delete reg keys, re-install - still get bad password with ICQ, on GPRS or passthru. Everything else fine. The annoying thing is that it worked before!

No idea now :?: (Anything to do with my 6 digit ICQ number?)

Guest Pagemakers

Hey cheers Paul. Works treat now.

Just one more thing. If you have any MSN contacts with nicknames such as Tom Jones they are displayed as Tom@20Jones IE a space is replaced by @20

Any chance of a fix for this?

Brilliant!

My only complaint. And this is so minor, its unspeakable.

But the new message sound makes a noise even if the message window is on top. I rather have it play a sound only if the app isn't in focus.

But you can't have everything.

Brilliant - thanks Agile!

I rather have it play a sound only if the app isn't in focus

That's the least of my problems. I can't even get the thing to instal to my phone. Error message every time :)

Let me know whether either of these two work:

Attempt2.cab

They refuse to install on mine device, stating that the app isn't digitally signed, though I don't think this is the problem because my device is unlocked. So it'll probably fail.

This zip is the contents of the .exe if that helps anyone.

thelot.zip

Great!! I'm not on Orange (in the US with T-Mobile) and MSN and Yahoo appear to work... It says that it logged into AOL, but I can't see my friend online, who I know for sure is online via my PC using Trillian...

I am guessing the three little guys at the bottom represent each service I am logged into (MSN, Yahoo, AOL). The third one (guessing it's AOL) has a red/white X on the guy. It occasionally tries to make the red X disappear but then goes back to a red/white X (guessing it's trying to reconnect to AOL and can't).

This app rox! big time, had a problem at the begining when i tryed to install it with the istaller from the pc, it runs, then begins to install on the phone, but then in the middle of it all it jumps to the main screen of my spv e100, then i opened up my smart explorer found the cab file in the "IPSMWindowsAppMgrInstall" folder and then it installed the cab file, and it worked as a sweet dream!! thnx alot Agile for this great app!!

Cheers

Guest jimmybonsaville

I couldnt get the first version or this version to work :oops: :x The program installs fine and starts fine with the connecting to server after about 1 min it then just quits to the phone menu. Ive also noticed that the connection is still open. Anyone got any ideas?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.