Unlocking Motorola MPx200 Smartphone US$20

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia

I am not endorsing this service nor conforming that it works.

GSMPhoneSource.com has a service that allows "remote" unlocking of the Motorola MPx200 Smartphone for US$20.

L-L-L-LINK

The website reads:

Are you trying to get your newer Motorola phone unlocked but really dont want to send it off for unlocking? If so this is the perfect solution. You supply us with IMEI, and we get you an unlock code by email. Normally same day turnaround  

Supported models:  

All C33x Models, C350, MPx200, P280, T720, T721, T722, V60, V60i, V66, V66i, V70  

Once payment is submitted, please send an email to [email protected] with your phone model & IMEI number. The IMEI number can be found by keying in *#06# on your phones keypad. Once we receive this information it is submitted and then we email you back with an unlock code and instructions for inputting it.

I read that once unlocked, you insert your non-ATT SIM into the phone where you will be asked for the unlock code provided by the service.

If anyone has the phone and tries this service...please post your results here.

-Good Luck!

encece

I just unlocked using Adam and GSMPhonesource. Very reputable guy and within 10 minutes, I had my unlock code and was using my MPx200 on the T-Mo network. :)

Guest willstyles
nobody tried with the good old FREE way, yet ?

Im assuming this person on ebay is just using a key generating program to give you your unlock code. Anyone get their hands on the unlocking process of the phone. Some Joe Blow on Ebay shouldnt be the only answer....lol

Guest nickcornaglia

It's not an ebay-type purchase but a website that sells phones and accessories....and services like this.

I'm sure you're right about the key generator....but how accessable to the masses it is...is the question.

Just got my new MPx200 from Amazon, I will soon post some photos comparing the MPx200 to the Mitac 8380 (size wise etc').

In the meantime just wanted to confirm that the remote unlock service by Adam from GSMPhoneSource.com is as-promised,

Fast and accurate. Within minutes my phone was unlocked and ready to use my existing T-Mobile SIM card.

More here: http://www.gsmphonesource.com/products/cus...6&cat=38&page=1

As for the phone itself, if you used the SPV/Mitac before you will certainly appreciate it's size factor... It is tiny!

Or at least feel very small.

Speed wise it seems a bit slower compared to the Mitac Mio (which makes sense as the Mitac's CPU is better), but it's as or a bit faster compared to the SPV that I owned before.

I will add some photos soon.

Guest willstyles

Alright well I guess I can except the fact that the Unlock code generator is not released to the general public because you can make money off it. Im ok with paying $15-20 as long as I can use it on another service provider.

I have one concern though. From reading the forum and such, I hear that you have to unlock windows on the phone to be able to install 3rd party software ect....is this true or am I wrong?

When I buy my MPx200 I dont want there to be any ristrictions on which software I can install, that would really suck.

Guest nickcornaglia

Unfortunately most phones begin Application Locked....not imposed by Microsoft...but by the Network Providers. Check out the FAQ HERE and scroll down to Application Decertification for more.

In fact, check out the entire section FIRST 48 HOURS WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE....there's alot there to help you understand and make a better decision. :wink:

• 5 weeks later...

i have got an orange mpx 200 and the application lock has been removed (thanks to this forum) although i have tried three unlocking services (two in UK and one in the US) and they have all come back with the same answer whcih is since the phone is so new motorola have not updated their database and so they cannot provide the code yet...my phone has a date of the 19 Nov on the box and i believe all orange handsets will be this new and so will probably have this problem...can anyone confirm who has bought a phone off orange had any luck yet unlocking it..i will just have to try again next week

Guest andysalmon
i have got an orange mpx 200 and the application lock  has been removed (thanks to this forum) although i have tried three unlocking services (two in UK and one in the US) and they have all come back with the same answer whcih is since the phone is so new motorola have not updated their database and so they cannot provide the code yet...my phone has a date of the 19 Nov on the box and i believe all orange handsets will be this new and so will probably have this problem...can anyone confirm who has bought a phone off orange had any luck yet unlocking it..i will just have to try again next week

Yep, exactly the same problem and my second MPX in 2 days! First crashed and lost all of the flash memory!

Guest tomdbomb61

i took my fone to a market small in leicester on saturday and they had my mpx200 unlocked for me for £15.

so mayb try your local fone guy on ur market?!?!

Guest alphaflux

I beleive that this thread is related to SIM unlocking the phone and not application unlocking, as such the decert script is not what they are looking for.

Personally I am on Orange and am happy to stay that way, at least for now, but apparently http://www.gsmlocker.com/motorolaunlock.asp can unlock the phones already. However, the asking price for unlocking the MPx200 is $39.95 !!! Guess this is what it costs to be ahead of the game. :cry:

Guest andysalmon

Had an update from GSMPhoneSource.com on my unlock- they are unable to unlock it at present but Motorola are due to release more codes today and they will look at those codes for me. For those that have a similar problem mine is an Orange phone with the date 19/11 on the box. If the code is released I'll let you all know.