Im very confused about upgrading ROM and unlocking...

Guest merlin002

Guest merlin002

Ive read a lot in the forums and even acquired a copy of the instructions on how to defeat smart 1.6 ROM w 1.09bootloader (my current setup) but i still dont know exactly what to do. I have a few questions:

Is it necessary to downgrade to 0.98 to unlock the phone? If so, how is it done (preferably without using a separate mmc)

After downgrading the bootloader, can i flash directly to eurotel, qtek or IMate ROMS or do I have to install smart 1.37 first?

By installing those ROMS, will my phone be SIM-unlocked? Why do some recommend unlocking first before installing foreign ROMs?

after installing the foreign ROMs, do I have to downgrade the bootloader again? I heard that qtek upgrades the bootloader to 1.70. Does the bootloader or ROM determine sim-lock status?

What's the best ROM to install and why?

Guest chibako

@merlin002,

Is it necessary to downgrade to http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 to unlock the phone? If so, how is it done (preferably without using a separate mmc)
yes a bootloader of 0.98 or lower is needed to unlock the SAP. look for the instructions on the how to repository. It's on page 1. I think there's still no other way of downgrading the bootloader but with the use of a spare MMC/SD card.

After downgrading the bootloader, can i flash directly to eurotel, qtek or IMate ROMS or do I have to install smart 1.37 first?

you cannot directly flash to eurotel or other ROMs, i think you need to install smart 1.37 first. correct me if i'm wrong...

By installing those ROMS, will my phone be SIM-unlocked?
i think no. before i upgraded to qtek, my SAP was unlock. after upgrading, it was still unlock. read the thread regarding the Qtek update :wink:

Why do some recommend unlocking first before installing foreign ROMs?
sorry i don't know the answer... sorry dude! :?

after installing the foreign ROMs, do I have to downgrade the bootloader again? I heard that qtek upgrades the bootloader to 1.70. Does the bootloader or ROM determine sim-lock status?
no need to downgrade the bootloader, i think it's only SMART's ROM the sim-lock status cause they wnat us to be stuck with their network... :evil:

What's the best ROM to install and why?

it's really up to to you, qtek and imate are almost the same. great English T9 for the imate while the qtek uses a different language, but you can use smileys :) i'm currently using qtek ROM and so far i'm happy with it.

hope i helped you... :(

you cannot directly flash to eurotel or other ROMs, i think you need to install smart 1.37 first. correct me if i'm wrong...

no need to download the rom,pare.downloading just the bootloader will be good enough.from smart 1.5,i just upgraded directly to i-mate after downgrading the bootloader.later on,i migrated to qtek.that's from SMART ROM 1.5,HA.ewan ko lang sa lintik na 1.6 na yan.

merlin,

if you still are confused,take my advice.dont mess with it muna.you might mess the phone,up.attend EBs for further clarification and instructions.

sorry i don't know the answer... sorry dude! :?

when you already upgraded your unit to foreign rom and still sim-locked and then you want to unlock it, you need to do the same process again... :)

hottee_male,

am on SMART 1.5.0.28 and BL 1.04. if i upgrade my ROM to the QTEK version:

choice A. i only need to downgrade the BL to .98 or later then upgrade immediately to QTEK?

choice B. dowgrade ROM to SMART 1.3 after downgrading BL, before installing the QTEK ROM?

further Q:

when am already in QTEK, can i possibly restore it to its original ? how?

Guest chibako

@OPAW,

i'll answer you're question, (hope you don't mind)

B! downgrade BL(0.98 or lower), install smart 1.37 then upgrade to Qtek ROM!

for follow-up question, nope! same process as above, downgrade BL, install smart 1.37 then install Smart 1.50.

pre, you don't need to upgrade to smart 1.50 when go to BP. pwede na yung 1.37! yun ang ginawa ko nung pumunta ako BP e. atleast I'm still using the smart ROM di ba? that would be good enough for them! after BP, just install the Qtek ROM then ok na ulit sapsap mo! :)

Guest chibako
i never installed the smart 1.37 anymore.i just downgraded the bootloader to .98 then diretcho na sa qtek.

pwede pala yun? hmmm... hindi ko alam to. kala ko kelangan pa install muna yung smart 1.37 ROM. tnx! :)

@hottee_male

let me get this right,

you mean, i should do choiceA?

mismo! sorry for replying just now.ngayon lang ako nakapag-online ulit.no need to downgrade the rom,just the bootloader

chibako,

ya.hindi na ako nag-downgrade ng rom.i just downloaded the bootloader(tnx,rodnav!) then,directho na sa imate.maya-maya,nagpalit ako to qtek

Guest kryz2per

Guys, I'm on BL 1.4 and 1.5 Rom. Im planning to buy an SD card this week I like to ask how can I obtain a copy of .98 bootloader? and have can I downgrade from 1.4 to .98? Another Q, what is more worth having .93 or .98 BL? Please I really want to sim unloack my phone and use Qteck Rom so that I can enjoy my SAP to the max. Please if anyone can email me the instructions I will greatly appreciate it.

You can contact me at:

email- [email protected]

msn messenger- [email protected]

I'll wait for ur replies. Thx :)

kryz2per,

try doing a search next time,k. i can downgrade your bootloader to .98. just let me know when. bootloader .93???mas maganda yun.you'll have options to save the IPSM to an sd card.

Guest actor21

pre nakakalito nman, meron po ako tanng meron ako SAP 1.37 ang OS(operating system..sori guys nde ko alam tawag d2 e) nya(tama ba?) smart ROM gmit nya meaning naka lock sya sa smart..ok lng sakin kng nde ma unlock(ayoko nman tlga i unlock) ang sa akin lng pde ko ba plitan ang ROM ko ng QTEK ng diretso? ano ba ang bootloader na .98? alin ba ang dapat kalikutin? waaaaaaaaaaa...ang gulo nman...help nman o..gus2 ko mag QTEK e, mganda kase sabi sa review may smiley...kso natatakot ako bka magka loko2 fone ko e huhuhu..helppppppppppp....