T-Mobile, MPx200 Decertification - HELP Needed !!

Guest nickp

Yes. When a person calls your phone, the name will be displayed on the inside screen (if the user is in your contact list). On the MPx200 only the number is displayed, even though they are in my contact database. The only way this will work is the caller is on my SIM contact list. I do not want to transfer all of my conacts to my SIM card since I have over 300 people in my contacts list and I sync with ActiveSync.

On the Orange SPV, the contact name does show up correctly.

Kevin

I think the caller ID failure might be a known problem when using a large contact database. It takes too long to search for the contact information relating to the incoming number.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

martin hit it on the head. The phone's design is poor when it comes to how it searches. It drove me nuts until I figured it out. I have over 580 contacts in my DB and can only sync approx 120 if I want CID to work properly. The phone searches your Contacts DB from begining to end. If your caller is towards the end, the phone quits ringing or you have already answered it, before it locates a match.

I have contacted Moto and they have told me it is a carrier issue. Typicall BS answer to a poor design.............. :evil:

Guest nickcornaglia

Sounds more like an OS issue than a manufacturer or network issue. I would blame Microsoft for that one...if it is truely a problem that can't be fixed. I'm carrying about 300 contacts with multiple numbers on 90% of them and can't recall having this problem on the SPV or Mitac.

I just tried the Called ID from IA Style and it worked with a photo. However, it still does not bring up the name of the contact just the phone number.

Kevin

Since you are running Smartphone 2002 on both of your phones, without any issue, wouldn't that point to the hardware (ie... processor, memory, etc...) design/test and not a Microsoft OS issue ??

Guest awarner [MVP]
I just tried the Called ID from IA Style and it worked with a photo.  However, it still does not bring up the name of the contact just the phone number.

Kevin

Have you got your numbers set up with the international prefix?

ie the UK has +44

• 1 month later...