Review of E200, pictures & video clip!

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

A member of pocketpc.ch has posted a short review on his first days use of an E200.

Here's a very rough translation:-

First impressions to the SPV E200

Since well 7h I have now my SPV E200. A super hammer part of orange is real! As the first I naturally checked equal the statement whether one cannot use the modem really over Bluetooth. And see there after approximately 30 seconds was my PC over the SPV E200 via Bluetooth in the InterNet. Approximately 1 minute later was also mine iPAQ 3970 pocket PC over Bluetooth by the SPV E200 in the InterNet. Functions thus perfectly without large attitudes! I by the way use at the PC the Widcomm Bluetooth software. I did not need drivers nothing. Also on the pocket PC not! Then it went testing further with? Keyboard does not function. Still is no driver available? will however surely still come. Jabra Bluetooth Headset of the SPV E100 tries only briefly to close to the SPV E200 on. Functioned not. In addition, that is not a normal Headset, but a special of Jabra? When I synchronized my SPV E100 first time, I could make myself equal a few coffee. But with the SPV E200 it hardly reached up to the Tuere? several hundred contacts, tasks and dates synchronized the SPV within 20 seconds? simply ingeniously! There my software version still beta is, has it still a few English messages in it. I accept, these still on German am translated. As the further has I tries a ActiveSync synchronisation with the PC to make. Did not function unfortunately. Has no guidances in addition, therefore I will probably have to make still about try and error there. Next I again regarded the Windows Media Player more near. The part is simply meeeeega fast! There the SPV E100 can keep up in no case. Within 2 seconds the Player is started and I sees my Playlist of the SD map. By the way the new MSN of measuringclose is already integrated. Looks however exactly directly. The moreover orange integrated some additional Tools and programs. Which are exact this, can to photos you then at the Usergroup meeting  see and one can make videos now without ruckeln and with immediate release. With the videos one can let the clay/tone still note also. Whereby then already quite?chrosed?. The new Joystick is super! All keys were renewed and are now seen from me perfect. Cool the blue background lighting on the keyboard at the display is not  whole anything naturally changed. Size and weight are still exactly alike despite inserted camera. The camera is easily sunk, whereby this is not damaged also when carrying in the trousers bag. The Akku has something other appearance however still same capacity as looks. One has memory now also finally more in it! 18 MT MEMORY and 30 MT Flash  the whole listing structure in the SPV also changed. By the way one can navigate now around some faster with ActiveSync by the listings and copy data!

All in all the SPV E200 is faster around worlds than its predecessors and contains some at useful applications more. Also the appearance was improved at some places. I find you ingenious to possibility of using several Mail p.o. boxes. One can now also cleanly synchronize the Mails of the PC. For MMS, SMS, email and ActiveSync there are new own p.o. boxes. Thus the administration is extremely clear. The SPV E200 is shown on 1 November at the club Smartphone meeting in Luzern for the first time the public. On 15 November the pressing Launch is and starting from 16 November can one the SPV E200 into all orange Shops buy. I can recommend the E200 only to everyone. It is useful now really also as Business Smartphone and meets each desire with a very good speed.

UPDATE 1:

If Bluetooth is activated, without much on it to work the SPV holds out approx. 1 day. Thus so approximately 15h.

UPDATE 2:

So their neugirigen it! Sorry that it so for a long time to wait had... my to answer thus here:

- kind of snapping does not grope goes not for on bluetooth... at least so simply... ev. with registry linkage

- both akkus 100 mAh

- one can transfer notes not via bluetooth

- again one must activate with infrared no longer first! one can activate this now durably as with the pocket PCS where it standard already is

- the operation is in approximately same as 2002. Everything is again provided only with numbers, which speeds the work up around some

- synchronize over bluetooth has I yet do not get... I believe I Mach nen consideration errors... must again behind it

- with homescreens I have much strive! those up to now really do not function...

- apparent automatically a ZOOM SHOT is in it with the video makes!? Also the possibility is indicated of placing ZOOM SHOT however this is not yet activated!?

- one can select now different Ambiences: Car; Daylight; Inc. and cent; Fluorine cent; Dim; Effect... depending upon that becomes the picture somewhat differently in the color... sees the following pictures which I with different

Ambiences made:

The photos were made for an area with absolutely best dissolution at the night and were not worked over again or were not compressed!

- that copy from files and videos goes gigantically fast opposite the old spv!

- will still make tomorrow except house a few photos and videos

- IPSM was by the way replaced now by STORAGE!

- achja I am until Wednesday evening all day long much on the way... therefore the long waiting periods of me

The user has posted this video clip taken with the E200. Whilst he seems quite happy with the quality (certainly a big improvement over the original SPV), I can't help feeling disappointed :cry:

See the original post and more pictures here

E200 & E100.jpg

Video taken with E200.zip

The video shown in the review is shot in high resolution.. (5fps)

If you shoot in low-res you get 8 fps instead which is much better...

(and which is quite usable!!)

This video is shot in 8fps - showing Viva The Dog a good day in the park.

/Jakob

VIDEO_00012.zip

Guest beersoft

Nice review

bad things seem to be that the battery life seems alittle short and no keyboard driver :)

good things are the camera (the 8fps puppy clip is nice), the transfer speed increase and the improvements in pocket outlook.

im still going to stick with my E100 and see how the game pans out before upgrading

later

owen

"no no no not in the sink"

Guest Simon Desser
The video is shot in high resolution..

If you shoot in low-res you get 8 fps instead which is much better...

(and which is quite usable!!)

/Jakob

Great :!: I'm happy again :)

I was waiting for the faster processor, but might as well wait for the better screen resolution. MAYBE by then I will have SDIO NOW.

I've waited this long... why rush now?

-Mc

Guest neuronisis

When i first heard the e200 would not have a faster processor i wasn't going to bother with it but then discovered it has a video facility. So i changed my mind and was looking forward to the release but now i've seen the video, i'm definately staying clear of it. 5 frames a second! 8 frames a second! Sorry but in my opinion it's not worth an upgrade or a new contract. Especially when new smartphones due out. Maybe if O offered it free on contract or as a free upgrade due to all the crap and teething problems a lot of us have had with the 1st SPV for almost a year now. :twisted: i may consider it :evil:

Guest spacecowboy6982

What I'd like to know is when the next "big thing" is going to come out. Does anyone know of any phone sin the near future that will have a clamshell design, WM2k3,bluetooth, inegrated camera etc etc. If its a years time then Im just gonna take the E-200 until then.

Guest midnight

seems like you may be looking at the mpx220, rumoured to be jan/feb, but that was ages ago, guess motorola wil keep quiet unttil the mpx200 is released in the uk so as not to hamper sales.

i'm not sure what to do, mpx200 now! e200 now! or wait 4 mpx220. the moto phone looks the cats whiskas. not keen on the camera on the back of the e200, it makes it look a bit ugly (thats's the only downside 2 the e200)

Guest mike-oh

Why do labradors eat sticks? Mine does that too.

IMHO i'd be quite happy to stick with my SPV until something significantly new comes out. I mean is the e200 THAT much better? I fear not.

Granted my SPV has been really P****N' me off recently, i've had to rip off the battery twice in as many days! I deleted a load of SMS yesterday and found i hadn't freed up any memory (not right surely). I woke up this morning to find it had frozen in the middle of the night (pocket candy was running, but still), so another battery rip, and when it came back on the alarm went off which i had turned off the night before!! I though i might've been going loopy so i checked in the settings and the alarm was set to "off".

Hopefully the new update, god willing, will fix the probs and make me love it again. All it really needs is a face lift! Any news on the facias? I'd be quite happy to keep it if it runs smoothly and has no scratches.

Guest spark-x

What do people think is limiting the framerate? is it the camera/cpu or speed of saving date?

I'd like to see some photos taken with the camera, esp some under lowlight conditions - since the phone doesn't have a flash/light built in,

sx

Guest statscat
What do people think is limiting the framerate? is it the camera/cpu or speed of saving date?

I'd like to see some photos taken with the camera, esp some under lowlight conditions - since the phone doesn't have a flash/light built in,

sx

Hi Spark-x,

You never know it might have "light level" settings built into the software where it gives you several options "daylight, fluroescent etc

None of this is certain, just thinking how power intensive flashes are on normal or digital cameras running from batteries, so I guess they will apply a filter at the software level.

Guest casper508

Not much of an improvement in the frame rate which is kinda disappointing. Having said that, the low-res dog video was better than anything shot with the SPV.

I will definitely get one but Bluetooth and built-in cams have been around for a year so I certainly wont be willing to pay too much on a upgrade. O should give all us early adopters a fair deal.

Mr Orange u listening?

Cas

I think its Nick Moore who is head of orange retail in the UK who you need to get the message accross to - could be wrong though but I thought 'Mr Orange' was Orange world which had nothing to do with our prices?

Guest Paul [MVP]
You never know it might have "light level" settings built into the software where it gives you several options "daylight, fluroescent etc

Indeed it does :)

P