relase dat from orange on spv e 200

Guest frazzel

Guest frazzel

H i there after having a breif chat to orange customer car this eveining, I found out the spv e 200 is due around the 17th of november. Also it will not support video messaging, unless an update is releaseD in the future! Also I enquired about gprs charges, and they still have no update on when or if a plan change will be launched. Also more good news, according to to orange there will be no locking on the software issue. Well I hope as im looking forward to obtaining an spv e200, been wating for it since August now!! Well Ill kepp you posted on when I get my handset from orange and what I think of smartphone2003. Im coming over from the land of SE to Micorsoft. :)

Guest morpheus2702

Welcome to the site!

Are you talking video messaging or video calls? As in video messaging via MMS or real time video calls as in 3G service?

Guest frazzel

well thanks for reading my notice on here! Well it does not support video messaging at all unless its windows based from what I gather! See a few people have signed my poll, quite an acheivment considering I only put the notice on yesterday!! (tuesday). Well I was on about vidoe messaging mms, but hey will probably not get it on sspv. Even though cam should be able to do it ok with right software!!

I have a three (3g) Mobile that does this, and its ok to do as tried it out a few times for a laugh. Bit of a novelty unitl others get video messaging, in a few yrs the way the market seems to be at the momment. Have yet to even do a vidoe call!! lol!! :)

Guest morpheus2702

OK why I was asking is that sure, everyone would like video messaging on their phone. I'd love it on mine, nearly as much as I'd like my car to do 200mph and 100mpg.

Thing is, what is lacking is the technology, and as much as the tecchies have played about with GPRS (2.5G), for decent video messaging, you need a certain frame rate (think it is 20fps) - and for that, you need 3G.

Given the choice between the current 3G handsets, or my E100 on 2.5G, I know what is more use to me. :wink:

morpheus2702, I think you have misunderstood frazzel, he means a video message, not a video CALL! GPRS can download an MMS no problem (in theory! hehe) and so could download a video message, its video calls that will be helped by 3G (although if i remember correctly Orange managed it on a brick years ago using 2.5G?).

Look HERE

Guest mattscholey

Brody - are you saying that i'll be able to send and receive Video Messages on my E100, I just need someone to make an app for it.

If so than this is very cool.

What other phones support video messaging?

Matt

Guest HelloDave

I think Nokias support it (3650 etc) but in some weird proprietary format that no one else in the world uses (based on RealOne IIRC :roll:)

You could shoot a video using an e200 (or even with IA album on an SPV but the frame rate would be dire) and then e-mail it to someone but it's not the most practical solution. However, if someone else had a phone with the right codecs and mobile e-mail (eg 3605, p800, SPV) then they could download and view it. It wouldn't be very GPRS/wallet friendly and you'd need to let them know they had a message but it's better than nothing!

Guest morpheus2702
morpheus2702, I think you have misunderstood frazzel, he means a video message, not a video CALL

My bad! :oops:

So in what format is video sent via MMS?

Guest frazzel

well as I use 3g at the momment and vidoe messaging is nothing to shout out about, it ok but not the best thing as sliced bread. If I use this statement. But its good for a laugh, as it uses 3gpp and mp4 file format to send the msg across to other users. But there must be a program or future upgrade possible to enalbe this on the spv e200, as nokia are using it on their 3650 6600 and 7650. As with vidoe calls, I have yet to dop this on my three mobile as no one I know has one. But hats another story...!

Also thanks for puting your views on the poll and forum subject!!

Lets see what we can do to get orange to introduce this or if there is a software writer reading this who has or wants to try this out.. go ahead as you could reap the benefits for this!!

Guest goinnuts

this services will work, the spv records video mpeg4 so you can view with ai. i have sen tvideo from orig spv to p800 and it works. you now get charged 50p per vid message (about 10 seconds of vid message)100k. the only prob cs had was they werent to now this. i have mentioned in earlier threads it is possible. just that its ovbvious with nokia(real player) and p900(packet video) as both are known video players. it will work and o are gonna promote this late this month, when you can download video content over wap ang the tinternet. the example we were given was (wait for it your gonna jump out of your chairs) eastenders clips woohoo. :wink:

Guest mattscholey
uupdate now avail from the 15th acorrding to orange customer services :)

What update is this exactly. I know a messenger one is coming out on that date, but do you mean that this update will include something more.

Matt

Guest goinnuts

no 1.61 update increases speed battery life anb msn fix.not vid messaging. you can send recorded vid by email from spv so inaffect you already have vid messaging.

• 3 weeks later...